Battery failure?

So my battery currently says 3.8 (AW IMR 18650) and my coil is 0.6 so I'm vaping it up and on my about third toot I feel a vibration and burning sensation on my pinky finger (my lil button pusher)

You can't really tell looking at it, but up very close on my fuse there is a small bit of copper looked to be scratched off and on the battery a small indent where it looks like the magnet on the safety fuse was forced into it.

my finger feels burned still, this happened about an hour ago.

Should I throw this battery and fuse away? Is the fuse still good?

The fuse is said to be resetable which I think means just able to move from battery to battery via the magnet, right?

Ow my finger!

The coil was not touching the deck or posts. It was my third hit into a chain vaping session....

• 1 month later...

Have you tried any other batteries? Sometimes after a while I have heard of metal shavings getting into certain areas in the mod, causing it to conduct heat or short out, it usually happens within the button mechanism. Try taking it apart and cleaning the button assembly. I could be totally wrong, but it's worth a shot.

A KTS I had for a bit had the same issue you are describing. I sold it to a guy who cleaned it really good and he said it works fine now, but who knows.

Edited by Vaporsmith

• 1 year later...

i did clean it really well and still has the issue and really i think that after repeatedly testing this thing that it just cant handle the low ohm builds under .5. The whole mod just heats up so much. it is a really great mod but heats up really quickly. other batteries i have can go to .5 and it is fine. i can use the vct4 with .5 builds and do fine but when i go to .4 and .3ohm coils it heats up so much. the battery doesnt get hot but the mod does.