vapor tongue. how can i get rid of this

I have been vaping for four to five months. Ive tried a apple cider vinagar rinse and it still doesnt work. I brush my teeth and tongue a lot. Still doesnt help. I know vaping dehydrates your body and tongue. I also noticed i havent been drinking a ton of water lately. So is that the cause. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also im on my phone an its 4.03 in the morning so i apologize for very terrible grammar punctuation and spelling. Im exhausted. Again thank you.

And then, after drinking water per Josh's advice, I would suggest drinking some more water. :D

Vapor's tongue means you aren't drinking enough. You should also try changing to a drastically different kind of flavor for a while. For example, if you're vaping a bakery flavor, try going to a fruit or mint.

Edited by Tameiki

Excellent suggestion for trying another flavor...

I know when I lose flavor on my "favorite" flavor, it is 99% of the time alleviated by vaping a couple of days on something different. I even bought a good sour-apple and sour-grape which are excellent pallet cleaners when I vape too hard much on my chocolate or sweet cigar!

Oh, and drink another glass of water :)

A good single batch bourbon goes with any flavor....

You definitely have to hydrate, but luckily I have never experienced what some call "Vapers Tongue". I drink water all day at work but away from work it is usually diet soda or bourbon lol.

i didnt read thru the posts but i can break vapors tung down for you .... your tung and your nose pick up the taste and smells you need to taste things so yes water helps but the biggest thing is your mouth and nose are getting used to the same taste and smell causing you to no longer be able to taste said flavor so example your vaping strawberry you cant taste it any more what you do is change flavors ...dooo not change to another strawberry it wont help go to a menthol or a blueberry or tobacco ect. just basicly switch up flavors i like to keep like 5 different flavors on hand but 2 should work just fine

Vaper's Tongue is caused by dehydration, due to the fact that PG&VG are humectants. They absorb moisture through the tissue of your mouth, lungs, and tongue. Changing flavors may help, but it's a temporary fix. bcartervol98 only vapes 1 flavor and hasn't experienced Vaper's Tongue because he stays hydrated. And he's been at the vape game over a year.

When in doubt, throw back some water.

I never got this with the flavors for the blu e-cigs.

Its actually the main downfall for me. I wish I could find a flavor that was really great even once you become somewhat desensitized to it. I mean, I never got this sensation with real cigs. Honestly, in the past week I have reached for a cig for the flavor and not the nicotine. This has been somewhat annoying me. I almost wonder if it isn't the overwhelming amount of vapor you get or just particular flavors?

• 7 months later...

Digging up an old thread here. I experienced Vapor tongue lately and I can tell you the solution is not all water. When your sense of smell is overloaded with the same juice you get to a point that you can't register the 'flavor' which is 85% through you nose. Flavor is a combination of taste, from your tongue and smell. I drink tons of water now and still get this problem toward the end of the day. Brushing your teeth doesn't help. You have to reset your sense of smell.

Last week I found something that does just that. Wasabi Peas. Not the Wasabi nuts because then you have the nut flavor aftertaste. The peas are bland and the Wasabi not only wipes the palate clean it does the same with the sense of smell. I'll have a handful and wash it down with water and in about 10 minutes everything is back to normal.

I think I'm immune to coffee grounds. That was a trick I learned when smoking cigars. Also a piece of 'good' dark chocolate will cleanse the pallet. Has to be dark, not milk chocolate.