VW/VV Mods? Worth it?

I have a Nemesis (clone) mod... and I love it to death, but I've been looking into some VW/VV mods. Are they really worth it? What's the pros/cons of a VW/VV compared to a mech mod? I mean... does it really make your builds that much more better? I've noticed there are few VW/VV Mods that can handle sub-ohming, or am I just looking at the wrong places/products? lol sorry for all the newb questions... I've been only vaping for about 4-5 months now, and recently in the past month or so got in to mods.

I have a Nemesis (clone) mod... and I love it to death, but I've been looking into some VW/VV mods. Are they really worth it? What's the pros/cons of a VW/VV compared to a mech mod? I mean... does it really make your builds that much more better? I've noticed there are few VW/VV Mods that can handle sub-ohming, or am I just looking at the wrong places/products? lol sorry for all the newb questions... I've been only vaping for about 4-5 months now, and recently in the past month or so got in to mods.

It's TOTALLY worth it in my opinion. My recommendation would be to try a daily driver vv/VW device like the MVP 2.0 to start with. It's a hell of a daily driver. It's not a sub ohm device though, and not what you would want for cloud chasing. It will push a Kayfun or something like the Omega dual coil dripper quite well as long as the ohms aren't too low. Just a powerful 7-11 watt VV/VW device with built in battery and charger, external charger for devices like cell phones, built in atomizer checker and ohm meter (doesn't replace needing an ohm tester if you're building custom coils), and puff counter with HUGE battery life. It's an "old faithful" type of device for me. My girl even carries my MVP for 0 nic vaping of Fadora birthday cake to cut back on her sugar cravings, and she expected to hate the form factor and now if my DNA 30 dies, I have to pry the MVP from her hands.

It's at Vapor Beast for 34.99 with free shipping with code "YEAHBABY" in blue and silver, and runs about $40 to $45 most places.

Now for true sub ohm, cloud chasing beastly performance, you'll want something like a DNA 20 or DNA 30 device and they run upwards of $100 new.

There are clones out now but, but clones are clones, they don't use the DNA 20 or DNA 30 boards, or an exact clone of the board. The early reviews were poor but it was preproduiction and first run units that had problems like overheating. I wouldn't recommend it personally, but others will get on their soap box about how clones are "sticking it to the man" and if other companies sold their products at Chinese clone prices, they wouldn't buy clones."

Clones in general is up to the individual, but these DNA 20/30 wannabe clones haven't had much positive feedback from our knowledgeable users, so I can't recommend that based on them being inconsistent at best.

It might be worth it to you to try a clone and see what happens, personally I bought a genuine Evolv DNA powered custom mod, and it's one of the best vaping purchases I've ever made. But I understand the initial cost is high if you aren't sure if you're going to like it, it might not be budget justifiable.

So in summary if you only cloud chase spend the money and get a custom mod with a DNA board, but if you also do normal vaping like when you're out and about, working, or any other reason that you aren't cloud chasing, get an MVP 2.0 and try it out. If you don't like it, you can sell it in a heartbeat. It's one of those things people ask other users about wanting to sell the MVP, but just about all the replies are the same "I love my MVP 2.0 even if it's just for backup I'd never get rid of it, I wish I had more."

For me I only use a VV/VW device with tanks/clearomizers because it's just better in my opinion. I can set my vamo v5 at 9 watts and put my nautilus tank or russian 91% on it and just vape away for a day or two on one charge of an efest 18650 button top battery. It's regulated so it's the same from the first hit on that battery charge until it dies. It reads my coil resistance and it's safe. With a mech mod and say my nautilus tank I would get maybe a few hours tops out of the battery and it's going to suffer from battery drop once I get about an hour in to using it.

Now if I'm using an RDA I'm only doing subohm builds. Anywhere from about .3 to .8 and I don't have a VV/VW that will fire that low and I don't want it to. I use a mech mod and a sony vtc 5.

So for me yeah a VV/VW device is totally worth it but I don't use it for anything but chain vaping on a tank or when I go out and I want something that will give me hours of consistent, safe, regulated vaping.

That said, I am on the lookout for a sweet custom well made box mod that can handle sub ohm RDA builds and will push out up to 50 watts. Just haven't really found that yet. At least not one that I know I won't have to wait 3-6 months on a preorder and still may never get what I wanted.

Absolutely worth it in my opinion. I started on a Kanger eVod with a Pro Tank 3 mini but once I soon found I like a very light and airy vape as opposed to a heavy and hot one. So I switched to a Vision Spinner (VV) and immediately noticed a difference - now my all day home vape is on an iTaste 134 Mini (VW) using an Aspire Nautilus adjustable airflow tank - I am in HEAVEN!! Although a bit too big to lug to work everyday - I'm now going to use a Vision Spinner II with an Aero Tank Mini - also with adjustable airflow - for my travel and work vaping. All of these products worked well - but as I evolve as a vaper I find my needs and tastes evolve as well. :)

• 2 weeks later...

don't expect to sub ohm off a VV/VW mod.

great for 1.2ohm + tanks or 1.2ohm+ coil builds. but other than that the smaller ones can be nice for out and about vaping without dragging a dumbell of a mech mod and RDA/RBA around lol.

vision spinner and aspire BDC fit in the pocket nicely for on the go vaping.

or for chillin and possibly aiding in coil builds I like my vamo V5... it will read the ohms of a tank even if sub ohmed...

it just won't fire something below 1.2ohm. does both VV and VW and does 3 battery configs: single 18350, stacked dual 18350, and single 18650. Probably one of the only mods out there that can handle dual 18350s stacked as it was designed to handle double voltage input. :D

I run two of the 3 configs... almost never run a single 18350 as it feels weird being that short.

20140625_193837_zps9dec80cb.jpg

Edited by Mr Smith