AW 18650 Protected 3400 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery

Okay, please explain that part to me. That is the kind of info I was looking for. The sony's I use now are 30amp and 2600mah. What is wrong with it being protected for vaporizers? This is why I am asking.

Protected means it has a small amount of circuitry that will prevent it from exceeding its limits. They do a few other things as well, overcharge, overheat protection etc. Generally you do not want a protected battery in a mod. Most PV's have protection built into the chip. Except mech's which have no protection obviously. Bet in mechs, you want the high drain type of batteries that can handle the load.

It's useable, but it has that amp limitation that you'll need to be aware of. As long as you don't go over it you'll be fine. 6.8 amps on a mech isn't much. I wouldn't go any lower then .7. On a fresh battery, assuming 4.1 volts on a .7ohm coil you're pulling 5.86amps and 24.01 watts. By changing to a .6 coil the amps jump to 6.83 and 28.02 watts.

Gotcha. Yeah I just did calculations. If I'm 1.5 ohm at 3.7 volt I am at 9.12watt. Then divide 9.12w by 3.7v gives me 2.46amps. I think I'm good!

Thanks bud.

I'm not a sub ohm cloud chaser. Just a smoker trying to quit looking for the best battery life for my setup. Saw the protection as a positive.

I have the sony 30amp for low ohm but I'm not into that stuff.

Now I want to change the title of this thread to include 6.5amp max. I guess guys building 0.6 ohm and lower coils would know better anyhow. If there is a way to edit titles let me know.