Question about tanks

Hey everybody. Hope you folks are having a good evening.

I've been thinking about tanks.Let's say I want to buy a tank for my Sigelei ZMAX 5 and I want it to be roughly the same diameter as the APV.

Now lets say I'm looking at Kanger tanks. I can pick from The Aerotank, The Aerotank Mega, The Protank, The Protank II, The Protank III and The UniTank.

Here's my question....since the Aerotank is the latest and greatest from Kanger does that make the other tanks, not so much obsolete, but choices that aren't as good? What I mean to say is why buy a Protank II when I can buy an Aerotank? Is it just a price thing or do all these tanks have their advantages and disadvantages?

If I have to I'll buy every tank Kanger and Aspire and Innokin have to offer. And if I have to buy all these tanks and try each one to see how I like them, then I will. But I'd rather not spend the time and money if it's just a matter of buying the newest badass tank from each of the various tank makers.

I'm taking Tam's advice and not trying to rush too quickly into rebuilable tanks. Believe me I want to know how to rebuild tanks and I want to know RIGHT NOW. But that's the pain about being patient and taking other peoples advice (at least for me)...it usually goes against my nature.

Edited by jerryjoe

For me, the KPT 2, KPT3 and Aerotank are all good tanks. I use a single coil in the KPT3 because it performs better and is cheaper than the dual coil version, imo. The Anyvape Davide (full size) is very similar to the KPT2 but I like it better for my two mech mods. On my Vision Spinners I use the Anyvape Davide mini (old 2.5 ml version that takes KPT coils).

What you might do is pick up a KPT2, an Aerotank and a Davide to see which one rocks your boat better. They're all very good tanks. I don't have a Nautilus yet but will probably pick one up to try tomorrow at the vape meet in Denver.

It's all Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge, they all have ther good and bad, I have owned or tried most on your list, skip the unitank, that's crap, didn't like the Nautilus bout coils are pricey and I'm a new coil *****. I stick with protanks with an aerobase cuz its one coil type and I'm a poor animal lover..

It's all Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge, they all have ther good and bad, I have owned or tried most on your list, skip the unitank, that's crap, didn't like the Nautilus bout coils are pricey and I'm a new coil *****. I stick with protanks with an aerobase cuz its one coil type and I'm a poor animal lover..

What was it about the Nautilus you didn't like, Troy? I think you're the first one who didn't rave about them that I've heard. I'm very curious to hear your take on them.

Again thank you guys. I have the mini Aerotank, the mini davide and a mini Aspire BDC glass tank coming for my ego style batteries.

So far just the Aerotank for the APV. I guess I'll see how that one works then go from there.

I re-read a post about what I ordered last night and saw I typed that I ordered 300 ml's of juice. I meant to type 200 ml's but I went back to my order confirmations and calculated it at 150ml's. That's a good chunk of juice to test.

I'm concerned that I'm not sure about the logistics of that many flavors with 5 tanks.

If I want to change flavors, say to test the next flavor or because the one in the tank is something I don't like, what is the procedure for "resetting" the tank??? Dump the juice, wash the tank, switch the coil and refill and vape? Or do I have to let the tank dry? Can I wash a coil that only has minimal use (say 20 hits off one juice) and reuse it?

Edited by jerryjoe

I'm concerned that I'm not sure about the logistics of that many flavors with 5 tanks.

If I want to change flavors, say to test the next flavor or because the one in the tank is something I don't like, what is the procedure for "resetting" the tank??? Dump the juice, wash the tank, switch the coil and refill and vape? Or do I have to let the tank dry? Can I wash a coil that only has minimal use (say 20 hits off one juice) and reuse it?

This is where direct dripping comes in handy. With a direct drip atomizer you just drip a few drops every few draws. You can dry burn the less expensive ones and go to the next flavor. If you go this route, you'll want a bridgeless atomizer as those are easier to clean imo. You can also just rinse well and/or soak in vodka for a bit to rid the wick of the last flavor. I like to keep similar flavors in each atomizer though. Strong flavors like coffee or tobacco tend to linger so it'll mix (sometimes not well), with the next flavor you try.

If you decide to do the direct dripping thing I'll be happy to help with information. There's a bit of a learning curve to it as well. :)

You're getting an AeroTank for your APV... an awesome tank, IMO... But, don't dismiss the KPT2. They are also a fantastic performer, and with an AeroBase added to them, just makes them that much better!

I love the hard-lines and "industrial" look of the AeroTank, as well as the flat-top and straight drip-tip, but the smooth lines, curved top, and "shapely" drip-tip of the KPT2 isn't bad to look at either... (as well as being comfortable for your mouth)

I love the hard-lines and "industrial" look of the AeroTank, as well as the flat-top and straight drip-tip, but the smooth lines, curved top, and "shapely" drip-tip of the KPT2 isn't bad to look at either... (as well as being comfortable for your mouth)

Go nuts and get lots of different types of drip tips! I have a bunch of colored ones so I know what juice is in the tank. My favorites are the Pyrex glass and the stainless steel 2 inch pipe style drip tips. :)

Go nuts and get lots of different types of drip tips! I have a bunch of colored ones so I know what juice is in the tank. My favorites are the Pyrex glass and the stainless steel 2 inch pipe style drip tips. :)

That's not a huge issue for me at the moment... I'm only running two main flavors, and a granny-smith apple to "cleanse my pallet". But, using different colors is a really good idea for keeping things straight as I try more flavors! Thanks for the tip (pun intended :) )

Now I have the excuse to buy more tanks, and a bunch of drip-tips ;)

If you decide to do the direct dripping thing I'll be happy to help with information. There's a bit of a learning curve to it as well. :)

I'd be interested to learn about direct dripping. Tell me all you know.

I've read a little about it. If I got it right it's a system where you add the liquid directly to the heating element. The info I have is that it produces some of the most true flavor representation because there is no wick by which the flavor is dulled.

But as you said it's a few drops at a time process. The advantage of that would be that it would be optimal for new flavor testing. The downside imo would be that it would not be the atomizer I would use if I was on the move. It would be more for kicking back at home and testing new flavors or using it to truely appreciate the flavors I particulary love.

The other advantage would be it would save me some money on repalcement coils (assuming I would toss a coil after every new flavor testing).

Now that I think about it I'm glad you brought this up. I was about to burn through a bunch of coils testing all these new flavors. I might do myself a "solid" by picking up a direct drip atomizer ASAP. How steep is the learning curve? If I buy one today (online) and try to get it delivered for Tuesday/Wednesdsay, when I get home and when my new gear/fluids should start arriving, would you be able to help me be capable enough by then so as not to hurt myself?

What was it about the Nautilus you didn't like, Troy? I think you're the first one who didn't rave about them that I've heard. I'm very curious to hear your take on them.

I bought a couple, but sold them off quick..I'd rather use Aero protanks ..

Overpriced originally

Too big 5ml tank

Only has four different airflow ports, three were too tight, and one too airy

Design has the glass unprotected and easy to break.

Tip is loosey goosey, and std 510 tips don't fit very well

Coils are pricey

Overall kinda ugly

Well I'm glad I got a Nautilus so I can see for myself what it's like but the concensus seems to be that Kanger "is the man" (sorry Charlie) when it comes to tanks.

I have an MT3 (or evod - still haven't figured that out) for my eGo. And I have an aerotank and aerotank mini on the way.

If I want to get one of the KPT's to try those too do I need to get all three or can I get a 2 or 3 to get the general idea?

I'd also be getting the airflow bottom to add to it, does that attachment work with the KPT, KPT II and KPT III?

Tam said she thinks the single coils work better over the dual coils in her KPT III. Can I use single coils in all of them? If not, which ones can I have that option? Do single coils work better in just the KPT III or do they work better in all of them?

Well I'm glad I got a Nautilus so I can see for myself what it's like but the concensus seems to be that Kanger "is the man" (sorry Charlie) when it comes to tanks.

I have an MT3 (or evod - still haven't figured that out) for my eGo. And I have an aerotank and aerotank mini on the way.

If I want to get one of the KPT's to try those too do I need to get all three or can I get a 2 or 3 to get the general idea?

I'd also be getting the airflow bottom to add to it, does that attachment work with the KPT, KPT II and KPT III?

Tam said she thinks the single coils work better over the dual coils in her KPT III. Can I use single coils in all of them? If not, which ones can I have that option? Do single coils work better in just the KPT III or do they work better in all of them?

It's more fords vs chevys, everyone has a favorite...

MT3s have a knurled base, EVODs are polished, and the name is etched on the base. If not, you have a knockoff.

Yes the Aeroflow bases fits version 1-2-3-aero, and minis

You can only use singles in version 1-2, singles or duals in the 3 and aero

The benefits due not outweigh the negatives of the duals, sucks more juice, and battery life than the additional vapor it provides....

http://vapelite.info/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_47&products_id=62

That's the one I started with, but it has a bridge. You can youtube a vid that tells you how to remove the bridge if you want. My preference is a bridgeless but these work well too. And yes, I'll help all I can with getting you started with direct dripping. :)

Okay. I watched the video about the HH.357 atomizer linked to the PM we had about the same.

I don't know what I was expecting but not these little things. Doesn't seem all that dangerous. Unless the learning curve you were speaking of has more to do with proper vaping as oppossed to actual danger.

Anyway I checked out the site you linked for the Boge atty. Couple of questions.

1) What the difference between bridged and de-bridged?

2) Those things will look pretty silly sticking out of the top of one of my eGo's and more so with the Sigelei VV/VW. do they make some sort of cover? and what was that extender that guy was talking about?

3) Can I use this with my VV/VW or just the eGo's?

4) The Vapelite people, they are reputable? Or were you linking that just to show me an example of what you were talking about?

If you are sending yours to be cleaned you have a rebuildable one? These boge ones are disposable? Or do they get cleaned too?

Edited by jerryjoe

The HH.357 have a learning curve even for those experienced in direct dripping so I wouldn't rec those to you at first. Besides, they're too expensive to use to find out if you like it or not. :)

No, these aren't dangerous -- no more dangerous really than a KPT2.

The bridged and bridgeless versions are just that. The bridged atomizers have a metal and mesh "bridge" that goes over the coils. It's just a matter of preference.

You can use these on anything that has a 510 connection. I use them exclusively on my Vision Spinners.

I never link to anything or any vendor that I haven't done business with. If I do, I say so and let you decide if you want to buy from them or not. :)

The HH.357 are the only atomizers out there (that I know of) that have this option. I think it's because they're so expensive and are made in the US. All others are "disposable" only.

There are things called a drip shield that are a must if you're direct dripping. The liquid will come out of the little air holes in the bottom of the atomizer and into your battery connection (it won't hurt it but you'll want to clean them out with a tissue every once in a while). It will drip all over your fingers without one. If you're going to use a Spinner or eGo battery you'll want to get the shields for the eGO specifically or else it won't cover the outside threads of your battery and look funky. If it sits on top of the outside threads, it'll still work like it should but the asthetics will be off.

Keith, owner of Empire Mods, created these so I only buy from him and not the knock offs that come from China.

Make sure it says "eGo" in the name of the drip shield if you're going to be using them with an eGo or Spinner. If you have any questions about whether or not a certain one will work with whatever battery you want to use -- contact Keith. He gives GREAT customer service. :)

Now, I must hit the road to Denver. :D