Foot and leg cramps?

I don't know if it's just my inability to drink fluids regularly or if it has something to do with the e-cig but I've been getting a lot of cramps in my foot and leg lately and the only thing that has really changed in the past month was me quitting analog cigs and picking up the e-cig. Has anyone else experianced similar problems or know if there is a correlation?

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, thanks guys. I figured. I'm terrible about drinking anything other than coffee during the day. Just wanted to make sure there was no connection with the e-cig. :lol:

There is a connection. Both the PG and VG are humectants. They will absorb the moisture in your body and dehydrate you.

There is a connection. Both the PG and VG are humectants. They will absorb the moisture in your body and dehydrate you.

Okay, so I guess I'm not as crazy as I thought I was. Good thing I bought a huge bottle of Gaterade for work today.

I hate water with a passion and cannot drink it plain. I also drink a LOT of alcohol on the weekends on the lake and that combined with vaping can dehydrate you immensely. I have started using Mio (the little bottle you squirt flavor into water) and Crystal Light packets you mix with a bottle of water. The Crystal Light with Caffeine is the BOMB for a boost. 60mg of caffeine per packet about the same as two coffees.

I have a medical background... and I can tell you... YES... hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! And, it is a good idea, now that you're off the analogs, to increase your vitamin intake... a good daily multi-vitamin, and it does not hurt to have extra C and B-complex too. These will help to stave off the food cravings which usually set in a few weeks after quitting smoking. You'll also want to increase your vitamin D intake... get out in the sunshine! 20-minuntes a day of sun gives your body more vitamin D than drinking a whole gallon of milk...

In general, though... leg/foot cramps are a sign of Potassium deficiency. Eat a banana and have that extra couple glasses of water every day, and you'll see those cramps diminish or go completely away! Potassium in a pill form will work, but nothing beats the natural vitamin from a banana... both in quantity and the body's ability to absorb it!

I came in here to say it sounds like potassium deficiency is a good theory after reading your posts. I started reading about PG/VG allergies and such, which led me to some posts and articles Rip Trippers had commented on. I checked his youtube and there's a video, I think it's the one titled "Vaping Side Effects" or something like that.

He discusses his process of having leg cramps and meeting with medical professionals, tests he had, and how it turned out to be potassium he was needing. I'm not saying that's your problem, but it's worth watching that video and considering it.

NOTE: I think this is the video of his, I'm working and can't watch it to confirm it's the potassium topic'd one.

I can also add, when I first quit smoking and started vaping, I had some dehydration issues. It's REALLY strange for me to say that. I drink water like a camel when it gets to a river except I drink like that 24/7. I don't know if because I was vaping I was just not picking up my tasty beverage of ice water as much, I think it might be that I drank enough water but didn't drink it at a consistent level throughout the day, Since I started vaping I have to remember to drink water consistently not just when I get to a stopping point at work or when I get home in the evenings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I vote for the water and potassium fix. I read years ago that muscle cramps often relate to a potassium deficiency and the cure? As stated above, a banana and water. Works almost instantly. Really! Then recently, I heard watermelon also works so I tried it and yep it does, except takes longer because of all the work to open the thing to get enough.