An End Run On Smoking Ban

KeithNYC

I took my wife to a Dr. Appt. today, and I could NOT get the nerve up to vape in the waiting room. But when I went outside, there were a couple of smokers out there, looking at me like I had 3 nipples on my forehead. I really really tried to NOT look like a thug , hoping they would ask me about it. But no, they were too chicken.

I took my wife to a Dr. Appt. today, and I could NOT get the nerve up to vape in the waiting room. But when I went outside, there were a couple of smokers out there, looking at me like I had 3 nipples on my forehead. I really really tried to NOT look like a thug , hoping they would ask me about it. But no, they were too chicken.

You'll get far fewer stares with just the 2 nipples on your forehead - at least I do anyway. ;)

I definitely get the looks while I'm walking to work. I almost wish I had the red or orange LED so it looks less like im smoking a flashlight.

Typical "Knee-jerk" news article...... The WORLD is a carcinogen for cry'n out loud. I love how these people jump to uneducated conclusions and judge something they don't like while at the same time justifying whatever vice they may enjoy.... Hypocrites......

Sorry 'bout the rant !

I painted big red ARROWS pointing at the nipples on my forehead !!!!!

Typical "Knee-jerk" news article...... The WORLD is a carcinogen for cry'n out loud. I love how these people jump to uneducated conclusions and judge something they don't like while at the same time justifying whatever vice they may enjoy.... Hypocrites......

Sorry 'bout the rant !

I painted big red ARROWS pointing at the nipples on my forehead !!!!!

What I hate is when people don't understand or dislikes what you are doing, they feel it is THEIR right to ban it for our own good.

10 points for the one who guesses the ideology who is mostly responsible for this type of KNEE-JERK reactions.

I still don't have the nerves to do it most places. I like talking about it, but would rather not explain it to 100 people while receiving dirty looks. Small groups or one on ones are fine with me. Hopefully, I can work my way up.

Ive got knee surgery coming up, so at my last appointment I was no longer a smoker. I broke out in the waiting room with a couple other people in there and they just looked at me weird. When I got back in the room to wait for my doctor she walked in and I was still vapin. She thought it was cool, and was happy that I quit smoking. I took my 510 apart and explained the whole thing to her. I asked her if she wanted to try, but of course she wouldn't do it. I even blew a cloud in her face because she wanted to see if it had a slight oder to it.

I think that bartender/ manager is a dumbass. They outlawed smoking in bars here, and bar owners have taken a hit on having to remodel and a loss of customers. If I owned a bar, I would promote it. Smoking and drinking go hand in hand for some people, one of them being me, and vaping is the ultimate solution imo.

Bars that promote the use of E-Cigs at there place of business will encourage people to come there. "Come get your nicotine fix indoors with the Electronic Cigarette". It would keep bringing people back.

Yep, e-cigs are the only way I can hang out at the bar without lighting up an analog. I'm not saying that I shouldn't have the self control to just not smoke, but the fact is I don't after I've had a few drinks. As to the FDA regulation... go ahead and restrict sales to minors, I'm all for that, but don't make a product illegal because it contains detectable levels of carcinogens when you allow the sale of cigarettes which contain more carcinogens and are so much more offensive to the non-smokers around you.

What I hate is when people don't understand or dislikes what you are doing, they feel it is THEIR right to ban it for our own good.

10 points for the one who guesses the ideology who is mostly responsible for this type of KNEE-JERK reactions.

Suffice it to say that we are on the same wavelength !!!

Great minds think alike !

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! "MOOOO"laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I vape everywhere I go, and hope someone contradicts me. No, I'm not in any way combative - I just want an opportunity to explain what's going on. I've had people at work ask about it and they're all for it - everyone knows how hard I've tried to quit smoking over the years. Now I have. Hard to beat a recommendation like that.