Chris from Houston, Texas (howdy...we dont actually say that here...lol)

Hi Im Chris and Im an ex-smoker...sorry had to go the "AA" route..haha. Been fully off the analogs for 3 weeks now. Tried e-cigs about a month ago and sorta fell in love with it. tried gum, patch, and so on...oh and the e-cig blu (ugh those things were a waste imho) none of it worked. Just happened to walk into a gas station one day and seen a ce4 (wix brand) displayed. I thought for grins id give it a shot, must have gotten lucky cause the juice that came with it was fairly good. Well good enough to keep me interested that is. Two days later stopped at another station that had a display for H2o juice, picked up some black label which wasn't bad at first. Also picked up a couple more ce4 starter kits and passed one to a buddy of mine. Next week found a vapor store and the rest was history. Iv been spending twice a week on vapor goodies. now iv got 3 ce4 kits, kangertech mini pro 2, mini pro 3, pro 3, ego twist 650mah, mego-twist 1300mah. Right now big fan of vape on liquids "red" and palm vape "black and mild". Just got the halo "captain jack"...think I made a mistake with that one..tried it out at the store but it tasted a lot milder at the store than it does in my kanger mini 2. stuff tastes like vaping a bottle of perfume. Ill prolly pass that one off on a buddy...lol. I keep the mini 3 with red in it and take that to work with me, the pro 3 stays at home with black and mild in it. Cant seem to put that one down. the mini 2 is kind of a tester for new juice (after a good cleaning and alky soak). Really enjoy Kangertech tanks, might even get the aero mini. Crap I got to get a handle on this spending! I am looking into rebuilding my used coils so if you guys got any tips or tricks do let me know.

If your juice is tasting perfumy try steeping it for a bit. Take cap off, place in a dark, cool place away from pets and kids. Let sit, shake daily, wait for a week or so and try it again. It might take a week or more but that should take away the perfume taste. Just so you know, some juices need to age (steep) longer than others, and some might never taste good. At least give it a try.

Welcome. :)

well the captain jack aged in my mini pro 2 for a couple of days so I gave it another go...quit a bit milder but still tastes like potpourri. other than that it vapes like a champ. Ordered up some goodies so ill be chasing the mail man as much as my dog. Ordered up some pg, vg, kanthal (100ft 32g and 100ft 30g), 1.5mm 2.5mm and 3mm (foot of each) ekowool braided silica wicks. going to start with rebuilding kanger coil heads and prolly move on to bigger better things. got plenty of material to experiment (screw up..lol) with so I should be covered for a while.

to be honest idk how you would do this without one...suppose you could just go off of wire size and wraps @ x diameter but that's still taking a shot in the dark I would think. Even if I got to the point I was good enough at it I could go without one I would still want to know. and knowing is half the battle (sorry bad g.I. joe reference lol)

You're a breath of fresh air. All too often we see people new to vaping building coils and not checking them on an ohm meter before vaping them. Or worse yet, checking their builds on an APV, which isn't always accurate. :)

to be honest idk how you would do this without one...suppose you could just go off of wire size and wraps @ x diameter but that's still taking a shot in the dark I would think. Even if I got to the point I was good enough at it I could go without one I would still want to know. and knowing is half the battle (sorry bad g.I. joe reference lol)

This is so true I can't count how many times I wrapped a coil same wire same number of wraps same diameter and have it be off by as much as .3 to .5 ohms in some cases. Welcome! I put my trust in Fluke not wraps. ;)

Thanks for the kind words. If I am about to make a mistake please don't hesitate to stop me...lol. pretty much Im going to follow a couple of youtube vids I seen about building kanger coil heads. Id like to get you folks opinion on which wicks to use. I ordered up hollow braided ekowool but ive heard cotton gives the best taste. there is also twisted ekowool that can be had, so for a simple kanger coil what do yall suggest. I thought about just trying them all which I may do anyway so I can see what fits my tastes but what are you guys into.

Oh, we will smack the crap out of you if need be! LOL I'd say cotton to start, but this is where personal preffernce comes into play. Play around with them to find your sweet spot. Wicking takes time to get right for most ppl. Not just the material, but the amount and technique.... If you pay attention to the safety side as you do, just have fun.

I cant wait to get started, iv already taken apart and gutted 5 of my old coil heads. need to fully clean them though. should get my pg and vg tomorrow. just got that stuff to pretty much dilute my current juices, experiment, maybe to wet a coil after build. went ahead and ordered a couple of aspire nautilus tanks tonight. tried them at a local vape shop and liked it but they wanted a nice chunk of change for them. ones for me and one for a buddy (im nice to my friends..lol)

this has been one hell of a day...

I got all the supplies I ordered in the mail today except for the kanthal 32ga a1. I also ordered up a couple of nautilus tanks last night.

visited a new vape store in Humble, Texas that just blew my mind with the selections they had in both juice and tanks/batts/mods/rba/rbd...they had it all!..so I picked up some kanthal 28ga a1, organic cotton, joytec evic, and a bottle of Halo's kringle's curse. I was impressed with this shop enough I thought of a great mother's day gift...let my mom run amuck and get what ever she wanted from there. so she picked out a kanger t3s tank and coils, e-cig lanyard, bottle of mad alchemist "fairy dust elixir"....that's all she wanted...as for me though...ugh well I got kanger airflow valve, bottle of lazarus vintage "nebula", bottle of spanky's wacky vapes "Z", bottle of Halo "Malibu". My mom had a ball at their juice bar trying every thing she could get her hands on. now im going to watch some reruns of House and try to build a coil...lol

well I stayed up till 2am building coils, the first one I built prolly 4 times till I got the ohms in check. tried it first with ekowool and it was wicking way too much so I packed in a couple of flavor wicks with the coil, viola. tried out the cotton too, that gives quit the vapor I must say but the flavor is much different. not sure if I like it or hate it but it is much easier to work with the cotton than ekowool. may try my hand at a duel coil and see how that one goes.