There's More Bad News for People Who Smoke E-Cigarettes

Jeffb

The reason I take no value from this article, is due to the following excerpt;

But according to two new, peer-reviewed studies coming out in the journal Nicotine and Tobacco Research

Peer-review is NOT hard science. You can get 10 people to agree to something, but thst doesn't make them correct in their assumptions. Especially when they didn't spell out what conditions for testing they used. What "control" measures did they use.

Ah, screw it! Nevermind, I'll continue to vape until they outlaw all the ingredients to make e-liquids,

li-ion batteries, and kanthal wire. Bunch of friggin... *grumble-mumble,no good...grumble*

What I'd like to know is...how is heating flavoring, VG, PG and nicotine magically going to create formaldehyde? Don't you need a few more things in order get this new chemical?

Here's what I know about vaping: I feel better. It's improved my health that are measurable through proven scientific methods. I'm much happier when I vape.

And best of all, I don't feel the need to wring stupid people's necks when I'm too busy vaping.

Best perk ever! :lol:

I just did a little quick search/research on Nicotine creating formaldehyde when heated. Until the second page of the search all that came up was nothing but the connection to E-Cigarettes but 1 link. It wasn't till page three did It come up about Analogs and was found in a study done in 1971.

Key words: heated+nicotine+creates+formaldehyde

Search Results:

https://www.google.com/search?q=heated+nicotine+creates+formaldehyde&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#channel=sb&q=heated+nicotine+creates+formaldehyde&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&start=10

Look for your self.

I did find one interesting fact in one article talking about vaporizing nicotine for insecticide.

Pharmaceutical Journal, Volume 70, Publised 1908, PG 218

http://books.google.com/books?id=RV0CAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA618&lpg=PA618&dq=heated+nicotine+creates+formaldehyde&source=bl&ots=urpzbMH459&sig=oOwAAXpMz3YwS5-QG1JVcKywPio&hl=en&sa=X&ei=1cppU7r4EuX8yQHg84CQBQ&ved=0CEIQ6AEwAzgK#v=onepage&q=heated%20nicotine%20creates%20formaldehyde&f=false

"For vaporising as nicotine has a high boiling point (250 degrees C.)..." That would be around 610 degrees F.

*yawn*...another smear article bought and paid for, it's sole purpose to feed the ignorant and foster alarm while protecting vested interests.

Excuse me, I gotta go put on some Rage Against the Machine..."

I just did a little quick search/research on Nicotine creating formaldehyde when heated. Until the second page of the search all that came up was nothing but the connection to E-Cigarettes but 1 link. It wasn't till page three did It come up about Analogs and was found in a study done in 1971.

Key words: heated+nicotine+creates+formaldehyde

Search Results:

https://www.google.com/search?q=heated+nicotine+creates+formaldehyde&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#channel=sb&q=heated+nicotine+creates+formaldehyde&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&start=10

Look for your self.

I did find one interesting fact in one article talking about vaporizing nicotine for insecticide.

Pharmaceutical Journal, Volume 70, Publised 1908, PG 218

http://books.google.com/books?id=RV0CAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA618&lpg=PA618&dq=heated+nicotine+creates+formaldehyde&source=bl&ots=urpzbMH459&sig=oOwAAXpMz3YwS5-QG1JVcKywPio&hl=en&sa=X&ei=1cppU7r4EuX8yQHg84CQBQ&ved=0CEIQ6AEwAzgK#v=onepage&q=heated%20nicotine%20creates%20formaldehyde&f=false

"For vaporising as nicotine has a high boiling point (250 degrees C.)..." That would be around 610 degrees F.

If I remember correctly I do recall reading something about nicotine working as an insecticide. I plan to put that to the test this summer when the mosquitoes come out. :)

Some gardeners use a tabacco hot pepper home made insecticide. Loose cig tabacco, habanero and cinnamon in a pot, simmer for a hour, strain, dilute in a sprayer and spray plants for creepy crawlys....it works, but I wouldn't use it as an repellent Tam, you'll be stinky!

What I'd like to know is...how is heating flavoring, VG, PG and nicotine magically going to create formaldehyde? Don't you need a few more things in order get this new chemical?

Here's what I know about vaping: I feel better. It's improved my health that are measurable through proven scientific methods. I'm much happier when I vape.

And best of all, I don't feel the need to wring stupid people's necks when I'm too busy vaping.

Best perk ever! :lol:

Formaldehyde (CH2O) is produced naturally in the atmosphere (90% of all atmostpheric Formaldehyde occurs naturally), and is a by-product of dozens of combustion and chemical processes. Humans metabolize formaldehyde quickly, so it does not accumulate, and is converted to formic acid in the body. (Yes, I am a chemist/biologist/physicist, with medical background, although I work in IT now :) )

So, yes, burning nearly any substance which contains Carbon "can" produce Formaldehyde, but the levels produced (by smoking, breathing smog, vaping, standing too close to a car's exhaust, etc.) are quickly converted by the body into Formic Acid and eliminated.

This is what I cannot stand about all these "Gloom and Doom" research papers (which are bought and paid for by special interest groups and gov't nannies).... Your drinking water contains "traces" of substances which will kill you dead if you ingest enough of it... for that matter, if I float somebody in a lake for a couple of weeks the volume of water absorbed by the skin would be enough to kill them, and not by drowning... Remember... LIVING is the slowest method of DYING!

I rate a lot of these so-called research studies right up there with agenda-pushing "science" like Global Warming... PURE BS flooding the world to promote "false evils" so that someone (usually the Gov't) can step in and regulate/tax something and generate revenue in the name of Public Safety!

The gov't will not rest until they can regulate/tax vaping like they do the other "Sins" such as Tobacco and Alcohol. Let's face it... the gov't wants you to quit smoking "for your health", which is why every time another percentage of the population QUITS smoking, the taxes on a pack of analogs goes UP! They're losing their revenue-base on tobacco products, so taxing vaping as a SIN-ITEM is a logical step to feed the coffers of gov't...

BTW, a pack of Marlboro's costs Philip Morris about 40-cents to make... tack on even 100% mark-up, and there's still $4 in TAXES! Think about it... the gov't taxes cigarettes 1000% over the manufacturing costs! Now you see why all these so-called reports on vaping are coming out... rally the low-info sheeple with junk-science and propaganda, make vaping appear unhealthy and gross, regulate it to the point of cigarettes, and then tax the crap out of them. The gov't wants to get their hands on billions of dollars in new taxes from the vaping industry!

The gov't doesn't care about your health, they only want your money! Oh, and BTW, there is more Formaldehyde (PPM) in the construction materials used to build a FEMA trailer than you'll ever produce by "personal vaping".... How's that for irony?

Edited by Earthling789

Nicotine is used as an insecticide plants produce it as a deterant for insects.

Yes! Tomatoes and Eggplant are loaded with nicotine... naturally... as well as many other fruits and veggies!