Tingly/Pins and needles sensation from vaping.

Hello everyone, so i started vaping and quit smoking at the same time and it was easy as pie. It was going very well until about a week ago i started too get a tingly or Pins And Needles sensation all over my body randomly through out the day. Too give some more detail or information too help you guys help me i was a pack and a half a day smoker of camel Menthols and i quit smoking and started vaping about 3 weeks ago, from other posts on other forums i've seen very few similar side affects only a few but people are saying it can either be too much nicotine or Carbon Minoxide leaving the body from smoking.

Thank you guys so much!

What is your nicotine level? Yes, it could be too much nicotine, or it might be that without all the other toxins "numbing" the nerve endings, you are now feeling sensations that have been blocked by these toxins. I had and still have on occasion, the pins and needles feelings you describe.

Vape on! It will get better.

If you think about it, quitting smoking is QUITE a change to put your body through.

Cigarettes have thousands of chemicals, that you are putting directly into the body via one of the most sensitive organs you have. The lungs. Anything introduced in to the lungs goes directly in to the body via the blood stream and tissues and gets distributed throughout the body pretty rapidly.

Your body has an incredible ability to handle toxins. It also adapts to those toxins and builds up tolerances. And expends a tremendous amount of energy and resources protecting you from those toxins.

Then one day you just stop. And your body goes, huh? Wha? It has to go through rapid adjustment (withdrawals) to adapt. And it's not always pleasant and comfortable. Don't be surprised if you experience some new sensations you aren't used to. Like smell and taste too!

Feed your body, take some vitamins, drink water, and give it some time.

• 5 months later...

No way of knowing for sure but I would guess it's your nic level. Maybe try going down and see if that helps. Cigarettes do some really weird things to your body and even more so when you cut it off I'd think. One thing that came as a big surprise to me was not healing after surgery. It caused me a lot of problems. I don't want to go through that again!

Dc

When I first replaced smoking with vaping, I got those pins and needles sensations mostly in my fingers and lower extremities. I put it off to improving circulation. Smoking closes blood vessels and that's why smokers tend to have cold feet and hands and men experience less sensation in that other important area. That's why many health care experts say smoking is a sex killer. Without cigarettes circulation returns with some surprising benefits :)

Jonnoh, I hate to tell you this but, its the nic that constricts our blood vesels and capalaries. That is why some men that smoke have ED but can still wake up with an oak tree in the morning. Hours have gone by and there nic level has droped therefore allowing better blood flow to our little buddy.

3 months ago I broke 2 bones in my foot and had to have bone fusion surgery. My surgen told me that if I quit smoking I would heal faster. Bones, muscle and skin from the 4 incesions that she had to cut in my foot. I ask her if I could just vape instead and she said sure, if your juice is 0% nic.

And now I will step down off my sex-ed soap box...lol

Mirage, thanks for the 'heads up' :) I know nicotine is a vasoconstrictor but only from experience and anecdotal evidence circulation has improved with vaping including nicotine. I am convinced there are other agents in tobacco smoke that contribute. I only have my experience with little buddy, although I much prefer your mighty oak illustration which I shall share vigorously at the pup later.

• 3 years later...

Hi, I know that I'm late but I have your exact same story, like literally, the exact story. I even smoked the same brand. Can you give an update. Have your fingers fallen off? Did vaping cause some sort of weird cancer in your baby teeth. I am waiting for the world to implode right now and I am freaking out! (Not enough to see a doctor of course, what am I Vanna White!) But please, if you are still there and reading this many many years later, let me know know something. However, if you did not survive and you are reading this as a ghost please haunt someone into typing for you. Also, don't worry about all of those popped off fingers you can just pop a pencil in your mouth to type and on the off chance that it was teeth cancer you can just press the keys with your nose. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you or the person you haunt into typing your response.

1 hour ago, Alexlikes fruithoops said:

Hi, I know that I'm late but I have your exact same story, like literally, the exact story. I even smoked the same brand. Can you give an update. Have your fingers fallen off? Did vaping cause some sort of weird cancer in your baby teeth. I am waiting for the world to implode right now and I am freaking out! (Not enough to see a doctor of course, what am I Vanna White!) But please, if you are still there and reading this many many years later, let me know know something. However, if you did not survive and you are reading this as a ghost please haunt someone into typing for you. Also, don't worry about all of those popped off fingers you can just pop a pencil in your mouth to type and on the off chance that it was teeth cancer you can just press the keys with your nose. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you or the person you haunt into typing your response.

It all worked out wonderfully.  A week later my balls fell off and I could sing really high notes.  Now I'm a celebrity in Beverly Hills and drive an Aston Martin D11 and wear support stockings on my hands.   

7 minutes ago, Alexlikes fruithoops said:

Would you suggest support stockings for my hands or just wait it out?

Were it me I would take vaping out of the equation and re-evaluate the condition.  If it persisted say over a couple of weeks, I would bring it to the attention of a medical professional.  I've pinched nerves in the past and have had tingling for periods of a few days or so.   

• 1 year later...

I started vaping about a year ago. I used the mod to help me quit dipping snuff. I dipped for more than 10 years. I smoked before that. Everything had been going good, no side effects with the juice I was using and have since starting using again. I think I have an allergy to PG. I am using a 75vg/25pg and it's not too bad, but if the PG level is much higher that 25, It makes my stomach and throat hurt like crazy. It also makes my muscles hurt. I try to drink plenty of water when I vape, but sometimes it doesn't matter how much I drink