Show Us Your Mechanical Mods

Sirius

It will very soon have a black derlin wide bore Cloud Chaser drip tip. I can't wait to see how open that sucker is.

Drip tip? I don't need no stinkin drip tip! Lol

I haven't found one that is as non restrictive as what I'm after. I've taken to "stove-piping" all my RDAs. It looks silly, I'll admit, but I'm getting intense clouds without one.

Drip tip? I don't need no stinkin drip tip! Lol

I haven't found one that is as non restrictive as what I'm after. I've taken to "stove-piping" all my RDAs. It looks silly, I'll admit, but I'm getting intense clouds without one.

Ok, I'm still new to the lingo. What is "stove-piping"?

Ok, I'm still new to the lingo. What is "stove-piping"?

"Stove-piping" is when you draw from the hole in the top cap of your atomizer without the drip tip in. The danger in this is that some attys heat up pretty warm and/or can thrown hot juice splattering up onto the lips or tongue.

"Stove-piping" is when you draw from the hole in the top cap of your atomizer without the drip tip in. The danger in this is that some attys heat up pretty warm and/or can thrown hot juice splattering up onto the lips or tongue.

Ok. That's what I thought it might be but wanted to make sure. Thanks.

med_gallery_15088_188_149263.jpg

At just under 4" tall (including tip) and providing outstanding vapor production, this setup goes to work with me daily. It rides perfectly in the change pocket of my Levis with enough room to spare for a 10ml bottle of juice. :yes

med_gallery_15088_188_149263.jpg

At just under 4" tall (including tip) and providing outstanding vapor production, this setup goes to work with me daily. It rides perfectly in the change pocket of my Levis with enough room to spare for a 10ml bottle of juice. :yes

What's the resistance on your build, Rixter? I haven't used any of my 18350's in my mech cuz i am afraid it will draw too much from the battery. :on2long:

What's the resistance on your build, Rixter? I haven't used any of my 18350's in my mech cuz i am afraid it will draw too much from the battery. :on2long:

It's a single 6/5 spaced coil of 29g Kanthal around 3.5mm silica, and it's about 1Ω. That's roughly 17½ watts and a little over 4 amps on a freshly charged battery, and the AW IMR 18350s I use in it are rated at 6a.

Edited by Rixter

It's a single 6/5 spaced coil of 29g Kanthal around 3.5mm silica, and it's about 1Ω. That's roughly 17½ watts and a little over 4 amps on a freshly charged battery, and the AW IMR 18350s I use in it are rated at 6a.

I really like this set up I may have to pick up a 350 and give this a try. I too was curious what the small battery could handle. I won't be able to use a parallel coil that's for sure. That has been my favorite set up for a while now.

Ehh, I will stick to my 18650's to make sure I keep things safe. :)

Ehh, I will stick to my 18650's to make sure I keep things safe. :)

His setup at a higher ohm keeps him safe and stealthy. Those batts aren't for serious cloud chasing, but thats not what he's after with that setup. He's looking at easy portability, stylishness, and decent flavor/vapor combo while scratching that nic itch.

Looks great like that Rixter!

His setup at a higher ohm keeps him safe and stealthy. Those batts aren't for serious cloud chasing, but thats not what he's after with that setup. He's looking at easy portability, stylishness, and decent flavor/vapor combo while scratching that nic itch.

Looks great like that Rixter!

I get that, but I don't know the amp rating on my 18350s for sure. I could build a 1 - 1.5 ohm coil, and I might, but for now I will stick to trying to build down to .2 and using my vtc 4