Genesis Auto-Drip

3Rutez

I thought I would share some pics of my favorite way to build and wick my Genesis style atomizers. I am a big fan of micro coils and cotton wicks. Twisted coils are great for auto-dripping with cotton. They hold juice well, and also increase the wicking capabilities, which results in fewer, if any, dry hits.

First things first, the micro coil. When wrapping my coils, I use my drill to hold the bit/bar that I will be using to wrap around. If you have a coil jig, then more power to you. My drill is very bottom heavy, and allows me to use both hands for wrapping a nice tight coil. I usually use a 5/64" drill bit, but found that the small screwdriver that came with my tank works much better, as it has a good base to push the wire against, resulting in a more uniform coil.

I used a discarded piece of twisted 28g kanthal for this pictorial. When I'm building my coils, I'm usually not taking pics, so this coil pictured isn't my greatest work. Lol. It will give you an idea about the process though. :D

IMG_20140421_094247_zpswqrhndck.jpg

Edited by 3Rutez

IMG_20140421_094347_zps6gaskgvp.jpg

Start the wrap against the base for a square start. (This one didn't turn out very square :P)

IMG_20140421_094550_zps03nfhwuh.jpg

Wrap away, keeping it as tight as possible.

IMG_20140421_094755_zpsqucmkx12.jpg

When you've achieve your desired number of wraps, carefully pinch with tweezers and torch it real good.

IMG_20140421_095120_zpsoeg6iax3.jpg

After torching, insert your bit/bar into the wicking hole of your tank and slide the coil on. This will keep the form of the coil while you connect the positive and negative. Once connected, take out the bit/bar and proceed to wicking.

Take a very thin piece of cotton and roll it gently. You don't want it tight, just enough to form it, leaving the top portion thicker.

IMG_20140421_082812_zpsqgivzeve.jpg

Wetting your fingers with a drop of juice (or your tongue) helps out with the rolling of the cotton. Insert your wick through the coil and into the tank.

IMG_20140421_083225_zpsmnjzrwpk.jpg

Give the wick a quick haircut, fill your tank, tilt to saturate the bottom of the cotton and give it a few pulses. The heat pulls the juice up to the top of the wick. Once your wicks are wet, pop on the cap and vape away.

IMG_20140421_084001_zpsaosqzehj.jpg

Ready to roll.

IMG_20140421_085125_zpsendlmfbp.jpg

Thank you Josh. It was a spur of the moment kinda thing. Wish it could have been more thorough, but time really hasn't been on my side lately. I'm usually mobile these days, and not able to sit at my station with the computer.

If anybody has any other tips or pictorials they would like to add regarding Genesis style atomizer tanks, please feel free to share and post in this thread.

Edited by 3Rutez

• 1 month later...