IGO-W Post Screws Cutting Coil Leads

Rixter

After using an IGO-L RDA for a while and really enjoying it, I decided to buy an IGO-W. The feature that appealed to me the most about the IGO-W was the way the coil leads get threaded through a hole in the post as opposed to around the screw, as with the IGO-L.

The problem I'm having is that when I snug down the post screws on the IGO-W, the screws shear off the coil lead.

What am I missing here?

IGOW-2.jpg

IGO-W with holes in posts.

atomiseur-igo-l.jpg

IGO-L with no post holes.

Edited by Rixter

You have to be real careful not to over do when "tightening" the screws. One of the hazards of this type of post. I also took the screw out and filed the end so it's smoother but still able to connect and found that helps. No sharp edges to cut the wire. :)

Tam,

I guess I've been on the sidelines a little too long...when did you start messin' around with RDAs? :question:

I thought you were strictly an HH.357 dripper-gal.

I'm still enamored with my HH.357s (just got six more in the mail this week), but it's gotten really expensive since they don't last as long with the sweet, dark juices I vape. That led me to RDAs to try to cut the expense. I'm still learning and trying to find just the right combo to replace the 357s, though. It's a fun journey and a great learning experience! :)

Just snug them down, finger tight. No muscle!

Okay...I went with the "just enough to hold 'em" method as you suggested, and now my sub-Ω (.714Ω) dual-coil build fantasy is a reality!

gallery_15088_188_54180.jpg

I went with two ~1.5Ω 7/6 29g Kanthal coils around 3.5mm silica (and a sewing needle for support), and I'm powering them with AW 2000mAh IMR 18650s (red) batteries, which are rated at 10a...close to 25 watts (12½ watts per coil) on a fresh battery! I love this thing!

Edited by Rixter