Allergies

I have always been an allergy sufferer, especially tree pollen. It was awful. I had a 3-4 week period in the spring of complete misery. I took Allegra D at twice the recommended dosage and even got sent to the Dr several times to prove I didn't have "Pink Eye" before being allowed to return to work (before I was the boss lol). This year, one week before being analog free for one year, I have not had the first symptom! I guess in addition to analogs I will save money on Allegra too. Vaping instead of smoking has cured so many ailments I had it is unbelievable.

Working on my grandiose "1 year anniversary post" that will definitely be TLDR lol.

BCarter, I too have allergies (year round). I've noticed since I switched to vaping, I only have to get my allergy shots every 3-3 1/2 weeks instead of every 2 weeks! The maples are budding around here and usually I am in misery about now, but not this spring! Hopefully, as the season continues I won't have to retract that statement (not being in misery!)

• 5 months later...

I have year round allergies also, I so feel for anyone who does. My ear nose and throat doc finally told me he just couldn't help. I've done shots, sinus sergury, meds and the whole shebang. I finally just gave up and just suffer through it with cortisone shots which do help when I get a bad attack. I havent noticed a change yet since I started vaping about 8 weeks ago. I hope it makes a difference. I'm looking forward to it!

Doc

Itsmedeanna64, I also have had extreme allergies. It doesn't sound quite as bad as yours, but worse than average. I have had the surgery, took a rotation of claritin, zyrtec, and allegra. More prescription nose sprays than i care to count. I am now off of all of them and not suffering. I do still occasionally need a shot of afrin, or a sudafed, but it seems to be mostly when I drink beer. I think I may have an allergy to something in beer. My sinuses stop up any time I drink it. It still isn't bad enough to quit drinking though.

I have noticed a HUGE improvement in my allergies since I switched to vaping. I take about 1/2 the meds I did when I smoked. Pollens are still my worst ones, but they are better too. Itsmedeanna64, hang in there. It'll get better.

You very well be allergic to the beer. Hops is a type of plant and it grows like wheat. When you think about it it makes sense!? I'm allergic to stuff outside and inside. I have a small farm and have to spend a lot of time outside. I have a 21lb very long haired cat that we've had for almost 15 years and it would be better for me if we were catless but he's my sons favorite so there's no question he stays here. There won't be another one inside though. It was hard for me to vacuum and get the dust stirred up so we got rid of the carpet and have all hardwood floors but I couldn't tell a difference with that. I have made all kinds of changes but I still suffer. I feel for anybody that is this way because it's mighty miserable!

Dc

• 2 months later...

I just found that I have an allergy to PG. I thought I just couldnt have electronic cigarettes! I have found a line though that has 100% VG blend. Their name is Naturals. Anyone else have this problem!? Should look them up :)

I have found most people with a PG allergy do not find out when they start vaping. Usually the inherent healing of tastebuds and the feelings associated with it can cause a lack of taste, slight burning on the tongue and other symptoms which rarely are a true PG allergy. I use mainly a VG base but still have 20% or so of PG based flavorings.

Usually if someone has a PG allergy they find out bore they start vaping because deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste, soap, perfume and a multitude of items we use every day in our lives contain PG.

• 1 year later...

I too have allergies...and i live in the south,so in shory,ugh!i take zyrtec on a daily basis,my allergies have not improved,ive been vaping two years.but i did notice something,my allergy medicine started to seriously dry me out.as we know vaping can dehydrate you.I drink nothing but one cup of decaff coffee,and water the rest of the day.my doc suggested mio,it is like gatorade,but without the calories and comes in a convenient squirt bottle,you just add it to your water,in addition to getting your electrolytes,it is packed with b vitamins,I am not dryed out anymore, I sub ohm 12 mg daily,but reduce the nic at night.when the pollen is super bad,I do suffer but it is tolerable with the zyrtec. Another thing I have noticed allergy wise,if you have pets or dust allergies is vacuuming the house everyday with a good vacuum.my mom is a smoker, and refuses to vape and this helps her.

• 3 months later...

And now I return to this thread and report . ...my allergies have all together vanished for some reason,the weather just changed here in alabama,we are finally getting some cooler weather.when this happens I usually drown in snot!!♡♡♡♡no more!♡♡¤I have a friend who's allergies kick up the same time as mine.she is not a smoker and is carrying around tissue.I haven't had to take zyrtec in a month and a half,i don't have a clue what changed , but it's great!!!