Question

I talked a friend into trying ecigs.. he went & got an ego battery non variable, looks like a mini vivi nova, found him cherry tobacco juice.

Was doing great for two mos but has backed way off as its hitting his throat to hard "burning" told him drink water, he doesn't drink anything but coffee

Im wondering if I can change coil on his tank, talk him into a vv something to keep him going.

He went in to get a vv but they told him his was fine he just needed a backup battery and lower nic level,

grr!

Now he's back on pall malls only vaping in the house when his wife's around.

Thoughts, ideas please!

I talked a friend into trying ecigs.. he went & got an ego battery non variable, looks like a mini vivi nova, found him cherry tobacco juice.

Was doing great for two mos but has backed way off as its hitting his throat to hard "burning" told him drink water, he doesn't drink anything but coffee

Im wondering if I can change coil on his tank, talk him into a vv something to keep him going.

He went in to get a vv but they told him his was fine he just needed a backup battery and lower nic level,

grr!

Thoughts, ideas please!

The bolded above is why I think one should have to take a test and obtain a license to open a vape shop. They are probably selling garbage liquids if they are giving advice that a backup battery can help with too much throat hit. Have him get a higher VG% liquid and lower PG% at the same nic levels and try that.

Things like this make me thrilled to have the established online supplier network I have and do not have to rely on B&Ms for advice. You will get much better here than at most.

Get him to order from either

fuzionvapors.com

ECblendsflavors.com

Sweet-Vapes.com

FadoraVapor.com

All are great suppliers that have my complete trust. I also use sweet-vapes.com as my primary hardware supplier, great selection and prices.

Thank you, he's a 3 pack a day type smoker and they put him @12 mg, 50/50 at VD,

I quit going there fairly quick, but I was lucky enough to know better having you guys.

I'll see what I can find and surprise him.

Thank you! He's my fishing buddy want him around a long time...

The bolded above is why I think one should have to take a test and obtain a license to open a vape shop. They are probably selling garbage liquids if they are giving advice that a backup battery can help with too much throat hit. Have him get a higher VG% liquid and lower PG% at the same nic levels and try that.

Things like this make me thrilled to have the established online supplier network I have and do not have to rely on B&Ms for advice. You will get much better here than at most.

I definitely agree. A lower pg content would def help. I like ECBlends reduces pg liquids. Try to get your friend to try some of that. I'm sure he will enjoy it much more.

Thank you, he's a 3 pack a day type smoker and they put him @12 mg, 50/50 at VD,

I quit going there fairly quick, but I was lucky enough to know better having you guys.

I'll see what I can find and surprise him.

Thank you! He's my fishing buddy want him around a long time...

No way he should start at less than 24mg imo. He is not going to be satisfied.

He wasnt, but was doing it because the "pro's" told him that's what the analogs were giving him, then his Dr told him ecigs and analogs were the same wtf !

I'll get him a surprise package... stubborn ol coot will try it if I get it.

Was doing great for two mos but has backed way off as its hitting his throat to hard "burning"

He said after 2 months he started getting the burning and bad throat hit. Get a new tank or replace the coils in the existing one. Also, make sure he isnt keeping the battery on for more than about 5 seconds - that can burn the wicking and it will never taste right again. This is more of an issue on the variable batteries. Too much ppower too long.

I change out my coils in my KPT2's about every 7 to 10 days depending on how I hit them.

He said after 2 months he started getting the burning and bad throat hit. Get a new tank or replace the coils in the existing one. Also, make sure he isnt keeping the battery on for more than about 5 seconds - that can burn the wicking and it will never taste right again. This is more of an issue on the variable batteries. Too much ppower too long.

I change out my coils in my KPT2's about every 7 to 10 days depending on how I hit them.

This is great advice too, missed that. I generally change my coils about every 4-5 tankfuls in my 2.5ml KPT 2s and Davide Minis. I have about 10 tanks in rotation so its hard to say how many "days" as there is duplication but when they even give a hint of a burned taste I just change the coil.

grr!

Thoughts, ideas please!

I actually went thru years of purchases. From the cartridge analog looking basic e-cig. Which worked for about 2 months before I was doing both. Then went to an eGo style which worked for about 6-8months. Then back to both. Once I found the MVP there was no looking back. Find a flavor he loves and good MOD where the vapor production is better. The eGo wasn't enough for me or many of my friends. I needed the MVP style/SiD/iTastVV. There are a ton of different kinds with this same vapor production. It doesn't have to be an MVP. Just that kinda style. Just my opinion and what worked for me and my friends.

Well he's doing 50/50, and its bugging his throat,

He could also have an allergy to either the PG or VG. Which I've read isn't very common but you will always be affected when not using 100% of the kind your not allergic too. Have him try someone's device that has a 100% VG juice and see if that horrible throat thing stops. If that still affects him then he needs the 100% PG. Just an idea. I've heard this on a few different forums and on Vapers.tv Hope this is what it is so its an easy fix for him so he can get off those analogs

My advice would be to start with the simplest things first. Replace the coil, you mentioned he's been trying for 2 months. If the coil didn't literally fry and stop working, he may be getting that burnt/bad TH from that. I would say 24mg is a good place to be starting for him. If the new coil doesn't help, then try the lower PG ratios. Honestly, if he seemed to like it in the begining I lean towards the coil. I wish you, and him the best of luck in this! He will be sooooo much better off if he can find a way to make this work.

If I only used 1 tank I would most likely change a coil every 3-5 days. I cant imagine going a month, much less 2. Definitely starting point is to get a new coil and some 24mg liquid in 50-50 imo.

You've gotten a lot of really good advice so far. Might I add another? Once you replace the coil and are ready to get more juice, take a look at some of the bakery flavors. Those are usually smoother and less harsh than some of the acidic fruit flavors -- even at 24 mg of nicotine. The flavor of the juice, the nicotine amount and/or the PG/VG ratio all play a part in how a juice will vape, whether it'll have a harder throat hit and such.

My favorite juice for over a year now is FLaN (Feels Like a Nut) from EC Blends. I get it in 12 mg of nicotine, 50/50 blend with double extra sweetener. It tastes like an Almond Joy. This flavor is very smooth with little to no throat hit for me.

Another thing to consider is that your friend smoked a lot. I was a pack a day Marlboro Light smoker when I started vaping. Using the info below as a very loose guide you'll see why the 12 mg didn't work for your friend.

24 mg nic = full flavor like Marlboro Reds

12 mg nic = light as in Marlboro Lights

6 mg nic = ultra lights

Like I said, use the info as a very loose guide. When I started vaping, however, I started with the 24 mg. I needed the extra nicotine to get me through the first few weeks to a month or more as my body detoxed itself of all the thousands of carcinogens it was used to taking in. Went through a few withdrawals of them as a matter of fact. Stuck with the vaping and once I got over all that I was able to cut the nic down to 12 mg. These days I vape between 12 and 6 mg of nic, but I also keep a bottle or two of the 24 for the days when I can't vape as frequently.

Hope some of this helps your friend!

Thanks, I tried the bakery flavors already.. his response was tastes good but want to eat them not vape them, sigh, I've really followed a lot of your postings and its helped me to never go back, I also keep higher nic for those times..

I talked to him at length today after all the help everyone gave, and I hate to say it but now its in his ballpark, I think there's a lot of excuses why not to quit. Everyone has helped to make it easy for me, I won't give up but its his choice to do or not now.

Do I sound horrible? I feel like I am but I can't force him.

I'm frustrated, its so easy to just switch, for me.

You guys are awesome. Thanks so much.

Thanks, I tried the bakery flavors already.. his response was tastes good but want to eat them not vape them, sigh, I've really followed a lot of your postings and its helped me to never go back, I also keep higher nic for those times..

I talked to him at length today after all the help everyone gave, and I hate to say it but now its in his ballpark, I think there's a lot of excuses why not to quit. Everyone has helped to make it easy for me, I won't give up but its his choice to do or not now.

Do I sound horrible? I feel like I am but I can't force him.

I'm frustrated, its so easy to just switch, for me.

You guys are awesome. Thanks so much.

How many times did you try to quit smoking when you weren't really ready nor did you really want to? I know I did dozens of times. I knew I should quit so I'd tried but always went back to smoking. Only when he's really ready and wants to for the right (for him) reasons, will he stop looking to find roadblocks. He knows you vape. He knows you'll be there to help when he wants it. Now, you need to stop saying anything more to him and just let him see how it's helping you without you saying anything more. Answer his questions if he has them but nothing more. If you say more he'll see it as you pushing him into vaping. How many times have you told a kid not to do something and they rush off to do just that? Same principle.

It's hard to keep patience and harder yet not to say anything when you're living proof that it works, that it will help you feel better. Good luck to you! I hope he comes around sooner rather than later. :)