Where I Am and where I'm Headed

Loading steel in Portage,Indiana heading for Fountain Inn, South Carolina. Then we pick up lumber in Old Fort, North Carolina heading for Truman, Arkansas to deliver friday. Then we'll load something and head home. It's been a great week for training and running our butts off. Can't wait for the w/e!

Jeez bro, I could just come up for the w/e then! Lol. I live 5 hrs from there.

Sounds like a good idea I could break out the smoker and some ribs and some pulled pork

Funny how a five hour is just a quickie to a trucker...hee hee..

Hehe my quickie is 2 mins oh wait wrong subject

I saw that the other day! I dunno Troy. I'd like to think it was skill, but just dumb luck it looks like. I tell all my guys, if they feel the steer tires go off the shoulder to not fight the wheel. If that guy had fought the wheel, it would've definitely rolled on its side. I've been run off the road a couple times, and each time I just let the truck take me where it wanted to go and kept it upright.

Having a good weekend son?

Trying to get the black coating off the threads of my Panzer Blackhawk mod. Its kicking my azz. Using my dremel with wire wheel, but its takin forever. Used up 1 wire wheel already. Other than that, its all good!

*On the Road Again...*

Well, started out early. Heading to Lyndhurst, Virginia. Last week was a great week for me as far as revenue was concerned, but very hectic. Not much downtime. I think the longest my truck sat still was 6hrs. This is my trainee's last week with me before he goes back to Des Moines for test-out and gets his own truck. For as long as I've been driving and training, I get nervous when releasing a new guy. I always feel like I forgot to teach something. But its just not possible to impart my decade + knowledge into someone in just 5 weeks. I not only have to teach the driving aspect and all that goes with it, but also all the things that go will flatbedding. But just because he'll be on his own next week, doesn't mean that my job as his trainer has ended. Everyone I train has free reign to call me at anytime day or night if they're unsure about anything. I'd rather get woken up at 3am with a question about how to secure a load properly than to get a call in the morning about a load coming off the trailer.

I'm a pretty big goofball when I'm not behind the wheel, but rest assured, I take safety very seriously. Not only my own, but all of the people I drive around every day.

So, when you get that 1 trucker that has irritated you on the road, please remember this:

No One Remembers The Good I Do, Until I Don't Do It.

Just food for thought.

Heading to Lynchburg, VA to pickup pipe going to Kansas City, MO. They're killin me! We have to be there tomorrow morning. We just drove over 1,000 miles yesterday. Well, we'll be doing another 1k today. Makes for awesome paychecks, but jeez...tomorrow is only tuesday and I'll have darn near as many miles as I usually run in a full week by myself. If I can last like this throughout the week, should be able to pull off a 5k mile week. After that, I'm gonna ask for monday and tuesday off. I'll need the downtime and I need to renew my CDL before mid June.