best rda for single coil setup?

M873240

what do you think is the best rda for a single coil setup?

imo best rda for single coil would probably be the igo-L

but if you're looking for dual or quad set ups in the future you can go with the Igo-w, you can build single coils in there

but what's common with both rda's is the airflows that come with it stock are a bit tight, so they might require some drilling out

IMO, the Helios is probably one of the most versatile RDAs in terms of allowing you to do single coils as well as multiple coil setups while being able to deliver proper airflow for any desired configuration. Well-made clones can be obtained for under $20. However, as has already been mentioned, if you want a good, cheap native single coil RDA, then I'd go with the Igo-L.

Edited by CascadianExotics

Thanks for the suggestions, I went with the Trident for RDA and AGA-T2 for RBA (that was the only Pyrex RBA in my B&M).

I'm very happy with the Trident, but still didn't figure out how to wick properly the AGA-T2, any wicks I tried always stays dry after few hits (and of course gives me a burnt taste). so its kinda like an RDA with a liquid bottle attached to its bottom with no reason :<

Any tips on proper wicking for Genesis style?

Thanks for the suggestions, I went with the Trident for RDA and AGA-T2 for RBA (that was the only Pyrex RBA in my B&M).

I'm very happy with the Trident, but still didn't figure out how to wick properly the AGA-T2, any wicks I tried always stays dry after few hits (and of course gives me a burnt taste). so its kinda like an RDA with a liquid bottle attached to its bottom with no reason :<

Any tips on proper wicking for Genesis style?

well first off do you have any pics of the aga and your build?

what are you using?

cotton? cable wire? mesh?

unfortunately I dont have pictures because after few tried I took off everything to start from scratch.

I started with a 2mm ekowool, it was easy to work with and I put around 1.5inch on each side (2 tips) inside the tank, when the middle is well coiled (tightly) on the top.

I tried cotton, it was too messy and thin,

Than I tried using one roll of mesh (the one that came with the atty), but it changed the resistance drastically, so I wasnt sure how to coil it without interrupt the coil resistance.

unfortunately I dont have pictures because after few tried I took off everything to start from scratch.

I started with a 2mm ekowool, it was easy to work with and I put around 1.5inch on each side (2 tips) inside the tank, when the middle is well coiled (tightly) on the top.

I tried cotton, it was too messy and thin,

Than I tried using one roll of mesh (the one that came with the atty), but it changed the resistance drastically, so I wasnt sure how to coil it without interrupt the coil resistance.

what resistance are you aiming for?

I wouldn't use ekowool to wick a genesis atty

with cotton you just have to put enough that it fill less than half the wick hole, you don't want to over do cotton as well as not put enough cotton

the roll of mesh you have to torch the mesh before your coil is on it, then when the coil is on it you have to pulse the mod till you have the coils running red from the inside out with mesh you also have to worry about shorting on the bottom of the tank

Me personally I have a RSST, genesis style atty, at first I used to use cotton, but now I use cable wire as my wick.

I am firing my rsst at 0.8ohms with NO dry burns

with genesis style tanks you also have to be aware where you wick is inside the tank so that your tilt your mod while you vape so that the wick is immersed in liquid

Thanks! I guess I used too much cotton before (:

Now it's much better. No burnt taste and I see that the top of the cotton always stays wet, but I still get so much better flavor with the trident with the same coil and cotton... so I guess the AGA-T2 just can't reach the performance of the Trident.