public vapeing

whats up everyone. this being my first post i thought i would start with peoples thoughts on vapeing in public. im new to this, and i get kind of nervous about pulling out my vape and taking a couple drags while being out in public. for example, i went to the movies tonight and i had mine in my pocket. i really wanted to use it during the movie, but got sketched out and started worrying about the other people in the theater getting uncomfortable or maybe saying something. i know its just vapor, and its not harmful, but just got nervous. anyway, i just wanted to hear others' opinions about it, and maybe suggestions on what types of public places you think its ok to vape. thanks everyone.

A good rule of thumb that I use; if it indoors and no one is allowed to smoke cigs, I don't vape.

Your first instinct was correct. I always try and think about others around me. We all know that vaping is harmless and produces only water vapor, however we want to raise awareness about what we're doing and being respectful of those around us are first and foremost.

Well that all depends on where you live. You can vape in some public places and you can't in others. The theater probably isn't a good idea. I have vaped in a theater but it was basically empty at the time. I have also vaped in stores, a couple bars and some small restaurants. Airports and planes are mostly off limits, you will have to go the smoking areas. Hotel rooms and cruise ship cabins can be a bit touchy but only for the smoke alarms. There have been past reports of people setting them off.

There is kind of an unwritten rule that vapers try and follow. You just have to be aware of your surroundings. If you are in a bar or restaurant, ask first if you are unsure. Don't argue if it is not allowed and educate when you can. Learning the art of stealth vaping will help you out in those places you can't vape.

I really don't mind going out to the smoking areas if needed. I get to talk to others that might be interested and it gets me away from uptight people.

I get nervous also but the longer I have been vaping the more chances I am taking. If someone were to tell me not to I would certainly put it away and apologize. Saturday I went to Wal-Mart to get tires put on my car which was a 2 hour wait. I walked around inside to kill time and I vaped. I felt people looking but only one lady asked me what is that. It started a conversation in which 4 others joined in and a couple was telling success stories of friends or loved ones who had success with vaping and quit smoking. At any rate no one told me to stop and it gave me the opportunity to teach a few people the good things about vaping.

I only go to a smoking area if I do not think I can get away with vaping inside. I have discreetly vaped about everywhere since I started last April and have yet to have anyone say anything. I will add that I keep a tank of my 24mg for such occasions and if I cannot be discreet I will go to the bathroom. I can appreciate the chance to educate people but I am not smoking so I will not just automatically go into a smoking area. I have vaped in airports, on airplanes, in the mall, grocery, etc... In a restaurant I usually go to the men's room unless in a secluded area.

Overall, other than improved health, the ability to vape where I was not allowed to smoke was a close second consideration when I decided to make the switch. If I thought I would have to go outside the same as smoking, I am not sure I would have ever made the switch. I could not disagree more with those that say "If you cannot smoke in a spot you should not vape there either". A theater might be a bit much, but a theater bathroom is not lol.

I vape everywhere but I do do it discreetly, bathrooms, small hits, hold a short time let it out. When I go to the theater I take some 80pg/20vg with me so almost no vapor comes out. I have yet to be told i couldn't vape. I sometimes hit the smoking section but if it is freezing out side, I won't. If I'm ever asked to not Vape I wouldn't argue, I would stop, but I would explain what it is as well.There are some places I have to go that are a tobacco free campuses and have received permission to even vape there. I think the key is be polite and ask if unsure.

I vape everywhere but I do do it discreetly, bathrooms, small hits, hold a short time let it out. When I go to the theater I take some 80pg/20vg with me so almost no vapor comes out. I have yet to be told i couldn't vape. I sometimes hit the smoking section but if it is freezing out side, I won't. If I'm ever asked to not Vape I wouldn't argue, I would stop, but I would explain what it is as well.There are some places I have to go that are a tobacco free campuses and have received permission to even vape there. I think the key is be polite and ask if unsure.

So what your saying is you go outside to vape 3-4 months out of the year

I tape pretty much everywhere except work (I teach middle school). But in public places I try to be discreet and respect those around me. I do have one friend that doesn't like it and has asked that no one tape or smoke around her. So if her and I are going to do something we jut take separate cars.

So what your saying is you go outside to vape 3-4 months out of the year

No... more like 3-4 times a year :) lol Seriously though, I do vape outside, It is just now when I want to not because I have to. :) If I'm in a place where it just may cause an issue, I'll wait. I can go an hour or so without vaping if need be. The bars around here don't care and most restaurants don't mind. I have people ask me about all the time. Questions are more of the "I've been thinking about trying it." more than people getting offended.

I vape openly. No smoking? Cool, I wont.
Somebody around here gave me crap for that, asking why I would think I can vape where I can't smoke. Umm, same reason I think I can use headphones, wear perfume, or drink water were there is no smoking. No smoking is no smoking, not "No doing these other random things". If I decide to actually smoke, I'll actually go outside. Up until a month ago, nobody had ever told me to stop. Now, when it comes up, I find somewhere else to do business.

As far as "bothering people"... I can't stand heavy perfumes, obnoxious cell calls, screaming kids, that god awful hispanic music that plays from so many cars around here (no offense to any hispanics, I just can't stand your music. I'm sure mine sounds as awful to you.).... but I accept and tolerate these things that wont actually harm me as part of being in public, with other humans. And if somebody would just nicely say "Hey, mind turning that off for a while" instead of whining to management and getting it outright banned, I'd be more inclined to just turn it off for a while. Case in point, one person in a restaurant asked me to swap seats with my friend if I'm going to vape. I was happy to oblige and actually vaped very little for the rest of my meal.

I do, however, turn my VV down for a smaller cloud and refrain from using my funkier smelling flavors, like chocolate or coconut.

Edited by HelloMiakoda

Not sure about your states but in kansas where i live i don't have to vape around analogs. It violates the clean air act by subjecting me to secind hand smoke. So that means in kansas if they ask me to "smoke" outside they have to provide me with a seperate area away from analogs where i can vape.

thanks everyone. all your tips helped. i didnt know you could mod a vape to produce less vapor, ill have to look into that. right now i have a basic starter kit setup, but have been looking around at what different setups and what stuff does. the next time i go to my shop i was going to ask more questions and talk to my roommate who is the manager there.

thanks everyone. all your tips helped. i didnt know you could mod a vape to produce less vapor, ill have to look into that. right now i have a basic starter kit setup, but have been looking around at what different setups and what stuff does. the next time i go to my shop i was going to ask more questions and talk to my roommate who is the manager there.

With a VV/VW it is easy... Just turn it way down. Juice is also a factor, the higher the PG% the less vapor you will exhale. PG dissipates very quickly and is great for stealth vaping.

With a VV/VW it is easy... Just turn it way down. Juice is also a factor, the higher the PG% the less vapor you will exhale. PG dissipates very quickly and is great for stealth vaping.

Awwww... I wanted to answer the question! :p

To some of us pg is very harsh.

Yeah, I can't do anything over 60% PG.