Pulmonary Surprise

Brian

I had a sleep study done at a pulmonary clinic this week. Had to spend the night at the clinic. To my surprise, they didn't bat an eye when I asked if I could use my ecig and said "you absolutely can, no problem at all". I was blown away. I had a miserable nights sleep with wires all over my head, face and sides and legs, but I sure vaped like a mad man! LOL!

When you're allowed to vape in a pulmonary clinic that, they must not think it's a hazard.

I was in ICU for two days last Memorial Day after having symptoms of a heart attack. It ended up being severe dehydration ( I drank wayyy too much in the heat outside at the lake) causing edema but I was allowed to openly vape in my room. The cardiologist said my switch to vaping may have added not just years but decades to my life.

My hospital doesn't allow vaping inside, but it's part of their policy against scented products. Staff members aren't allowed to wear perfume, scented lotions, body spray, etc., because the scents could set people's lungs off. That's their reasoning behind not allowing vaping. And I understand that. Really, I do, especially after three staff members, on two separate days, tried to interact with my mother in law wearing either perfume or scented lotion, and she had to kick them out of her room because the scents were shutting her lungs down.