What's a good nicotine level?

More nic will create a stronger throat hit, I've not seen much affect on flavor, personally. You could always go with an extra shot of flavor if you find the increased nic to decrease flavor too much.

As a former pack a day smoker I started with 24 mg of nic to get completely off the analogs. Once I no longer craved them I went down to 18 for a very short while and now I'm mostly at 12 -- sometimes 6 mg. It's going to take a little time but you'll get there. :)

My wife has been on 24mg almost 10 months now and has no plans to drop, I went from 24mg to 18mg and have no plans to drop to anything below that. Even almost a year into vaping I cannot do 12mg. Way too low if you are craving analogs. I still keep a tank of 24 around just in case and use it whenever I need to stealth vape or have a rough day lol.

My juice doesn't come in 24 mg.

SOOOOO I got 30 ML of my juice in 18 mg, and a chocolate mint juice in 24 mg.

Thats a new one, I have never seen anywhere not offer 24mg. The local place here offers only 6, 12 and 24 but their liquids are garbage lol. At this point, I know what I like and am done experimenting with flavors-vendors. As long as VapeDudes has Spearmint and Fuzion has Endless Summer I am all set!

It's a locally made juice so I can kinda understand. It's okay though. Next time we are buying online.... Until a B&M opens up closer to us. Traveling 45 minutes is worth it a few times.... But having it delivered to our door OR to our PO box would be soooo much better (and probably cheaper)

I don't understand why a very popular shop in my area only goes up to 18 mg. They just opened a second store and are always busy. I started out on 30mg, but needed stock for vacation and bought the 18 mg. I actually got used to it. When I came home I ordered a bunch of 24 mg juices which were seeming too strong. So my last order was 18 mg- what a rollercoaster. It's very aggravating to go to this store and all they have left is 12 mg. I won't go that low. I live near a big city but vape shops are very few, just 3 and most people don't know better is my guess. I did need the 30 mg when I began vaping, no doubt.

More nic will create a stronger throat hit, I've not seen much affect on flavor, personally. You could always go with an extra shot of flavor if you find the increased nic to decrease flavor too much.

As a former pack a day smoker I started with 24 mg of nic to get completely off the analogs. Once I no longer craved them I went down to 18 for a very short while and now I'm mostly at 12 -- sometimes 6 mg. It's going to take a little time but you'll get there. :)

I am doing the same thing you are...started high and stepping down. Im below 10 mg now actually sprinting to get to "0"

Nic does not effect flavor, just throat hit and tingle on the lips and tongue. You can compensate the throat hit with more PG.

I am doing the same thing you are...started high and stepping down. Im below 10 mg now actually sprinting to get to "0"

Nic does not effect flavor, just throat hit and tingle on the lips and tongue. You can compensate the throat hit with more PG.

Nicotine absolutely affects flavor. That's why when you try the 0 nic testers in a B&M then get home with the 18-24mg nic it tastes completely different. Outside the flavorings used, nicotine % is the second most important thing that affects flavor.

I still use 18 when I run out of my 16 mg juice. I want to go down but I find myself vaping all my juice in just a few days. Any ideas on how to successfully decrease nic level without vaping more? I just can't seen to put my mod down.

I diluted mine down with VG. But only in my RDAs. Lower nic, juice lasts longer, MUCH bigger clouds! IMO

I still use 18 when I run out of my 16 mg juice. I want to go down but I find myself vaping all my juice in just a few days. Any ideas on how to successfully decrease nic level without vaping more? I just can't seen to put my mod down.

How long have you been vaping now?

I vape 6mg and 0mg sometimes. Before vaping I smoked 11 to a few more a day. I started vaping july 2013, and quit smoking October 20, 2013. I started getting serious and venturing out to online vendors at the end of August 2013. The woman that was locally selling me my eliquid was supposedly selling me 18mg nicotine and that was the only nicotine mg she sold, and charged 30 dollars (she mixed it herself and had a friend sale it in their friends bar for free) for 30ml, and she only sold ce4 tanks at 10 dollars a replacement tank and ego batteries at 28 dollars. CE4 600mah battery Starter kits were 38 dollars. So in July I could not afford to vape at her prices and quit vaping and completely went back to smoking and then in August when I found online vendors and ordered 18 mg nicotine I could not vape it, because it made me sick. So I switched all the way down to 6mg and still was getting more nicotine than I ever did from the local womans eliquid. I am positive she was using no nicotine or between 1 to 4 mg. Thats fine though, I have no hard feelings. It is her who has to live eith ripping people off. :)

Edited by wvducklady

Find a flavor that you love more than smoking cigarettes. I enjoy cinnamon flavors more than Newports (brand of analog). I have been vaping on and off for a year or so and nothing seemed to sick with me. You can start at 24mg but I feel that is a really high dose so I am starting with an 18mg. I also have 2 flavors in a 12mg. Sometimes all it takes it a good flavor to get you going. Just keep vaping and remind yourself why you are switching. Vaping is fun and better for you. Hope this helps.

The hardest time is the 1st few days away from ciggs then it gets better

I started at 12 mg then went up to 18 and then went back down to 12 mg

now I split time my dissert and tea vapes are 6 mg

my tobacco's are some at 6mg some 9 mg some 12 mg

But honestly you need to be committed to go through it for few days to a week

to get to the other side

and its good to have a good tobacco or ry4 flav that you have at maybe 18mg to get you through the tough moments

but don't expect there to be no tough moment's

You get through it quicker then you think

• 2 weeks later...

I started on 18 mg based on the advice of the lady at the shop where I go to get my stuff. So far, so good. No cravings or anything. They carry the Crazy Cloudz liquids. I've got some faves already. Buckeye Frost is one of them. I know CC is kinda cheap, but they do the job for me, at least right now.

I was smoking about a pack a day of "light 100's" before I switched to vaping. No more stinky sticks for me!

One piece of advice to give is do nto put pressure on yourself to "drop down". Many like myself, my wife, and a lot of people on here never have any intention of dropping down. I will most likely be vaping 18mg minimum the rest of my life. I doubt my wife will ever drop from 24mg. I like nicotine like many like caffeine and both have very similar chemical compositions. Again it bears saying:

NICOTINE IS NOT THE ENEMY TOBACCO AND ALL THE CHEMICALS AND CARCINOGENS ARE

While I applaud anyone that wants to get to 0 nic or drop levels gradually for their successes, there are a lot of noobs on here that need to realize that dropping in nicotine is not a requirement to be considered successful. Just my two cents again. It seems there is an epidemic of people that think everyones goal is to eventually get to 0 nic and in reality most just want to stay off analogs.