cotton wicks?

Is it safe to vape with hemp wicking if you're constantly drug tested? Just wondering. I really wanna try hemp, but not at the expense of my trucking gig.

Highly unlikely to test positive. But if you are that concerned about it, I wouldn't tempt fate. The food grade products state it is safe and won't test. However, in regards to wicking (textile) I don't know if the same applies.

You should google Hemp and read up on the differences between the two plants and form your own decision.

I am trying to give you an answer without breaking the no Drug Talk policy. This conversation falls in the "grey area" of the No Drug Talk rule. *Hint to those wanting to expand on an answer to the question.

Edited by BirdDog

I use cotton balls, i have tried boiled an un-boiled, i honestly didnt notice any difference between the two. I am using a brand i get on base at the main exchange, the brand is Exchange..  lol  sometimes i get a nasty taste, but that all depends on the ohms of the coil. Its almost like it has a little break in period. After the first few pulls on it, it starts to taste clean.

To boil or not to boil. It almost seems pointless to boil the cotton. When you boil the bad stuff goes to the top of the water. How would you get the cotton out with it not touching it. I've been using 100% organic cotton and think its safe to use unboiled.

When boiling, the bad stuff get evaporated out of the water. It would be no different if you lived in a town that has a water main breach and they put out a "Boil Order" announcement thru the local news. Boiling is another way to sterilize water and whatever you put in it.

I'd buy organic cotton and NOT boil if I could find it near where I live.

When boiling, the bad stuff get evaporated out of the water. It would be no different if you lived in a town that has a water main breach and they put out a "Boil Order" announcement thru the local news. Boiling is another way to sterilize water and whatever you put in it.

I'd buy organic cotton and NOT boil if I could find it near where I live.

That's incorrect. The impurities in the cotton don't leave the water, they sit in the top 1" of it. So you could pour it off, but the top won't truly pour off due to the nature of liquids.

Well, regardless, I tried my cotton wicks from the same bag before AND after I boiled it. Before, it had a chemical taste to it that no matter how long I vaped on it, it wouldn't go away. After, I rewicked with the 3x boiled and dried cotton and I got no chem taste. Just the juice wicking thru.

Not trying to be argumentative with ya Medic. 😀

But, if boiling doesn't remove, destroy, or neutralize bacteria or other impurities, is there ever a reason to boil water outside of making hard-boiled eggs?

Well, regardless, I tried my cotton wicks from the same bag before AND after I boiled it. Before, it had a chemical taste to it that no matter how long I vaped on it, it wouldn't go away. After, I rewicked with the 3x boiled and dried cotton and I got no chem taste. Just the juice wicking thru.

Not trying to be argumentative with ya Medic.

But, if boiling doesn't remove, destroy, or neutralize bacteria or other impurities, is there ever a reason to boil water outside of making hard-boiled eggs?

Boiling itself will remove the impurities from water, just not the cotton. The cotton will release them, but they just sit on the top, just like a hard boiled egg.

Boiling itself will remove the impurities from water, just not the cotton. The cotton will release them, but they just sit on the top, just like a hard boiled egg.

Ok. Well, whatever I did got rid of the funky taste. Lol! Thats all I cared about. I'll take the impurities, just without the taste. Boiling, for me, wasn't a matter of the impurities per se. Just about that chemical taste. Thanks for the info!

Ok. Well, whatever I did got rid of the funky taste. Lol! Thats all I cared about. I'll take the impurities, just without the taste. Boiling, for me, wasn't a matter of the impurities per se. Just about that chemical taste. Thanks for the info!

Like I said before, whatever works for you. :) just don't want Incorrect information to be spread is all. :)

Maybe that's why I didn't notice a difference, I only boiled mine once. Back to the kitchen I go... Lol

I only did mine 3 times cause I was bored! Lol. My wife had to go to a conference in Little Rock that week and didn't get home till Saturday afternoon. I also have a small OCD problem that sometimes causes me to do things 3 times. But, with the amount of cotton I did..I should be set for at least a couple of years! Lol!

• 1 year later...