Filtered drip tip

Larrymcta

Hi, I am new to this forum and relatively new to vaping. I, however, have several devices. I mostly use an Evod with a Protank. The problem I have with all of them is that I cannot find a filtered tip. I currently modified all of my tips to accept a Dr Grabow standard pipe filter. Is anyone aware of a tip that will accept a filter without modification? Thanks, Larry

I'm not even sure they MAKE filtered drip tips, but again, why do you feel you need one? The only reason I can think of is if you are getting juice in your mouth when you vape, and that is most often times the result of flooding or getting juice in the center tube.

I am not sure how to respond to the comments I received, but I disagree that filtering is not an enhancement. I am attaching 2 photos. One shows how I use the filter and the other shows a used filter-- about 1.5 days of use beside an unused filter. I use 100% VG and that may make a difference. Because Dr Grabow was designed to filter smoke, it allows a of the flavor and nicotine through. Try one in your mod-- you will breath easier.

post-27698-0-74494500-1390082429_thumb.j

post-27698-0-21228700-1390082458_thumb.j

I am sorry, but I have yet to see filters for ecigs. You could try these http://www.litecigusa.net/Joye_510_Blank_Cartridges_p/510blank.htm

They are the original cartridges that came with 510 atomizers and were meant to be filled with liquid. They have a poly fill and could work as a filter. The should fit in any tank that uses a 510 drip tip.

This is the closest thing to a filter that I know of.

Edited by BirdDog

I've been breathing wonderfully for 11 months now.

Since quitting cigarettes and changing over to vaping -- I don't think I could take breathing any better than I am now. Too much of a good thing and all that. :D

I have to agree with my two esteemed friends, here. Just what exactly do you think needs filtering out, or do you think you are filtering out? Pipe and filtered cigarettes came about to keep the smoker from inhaling the solids of the tobacco, and to keep from getting it into our mouths. So what are you filtering from your inhalation?

The focusing was bad in the pictures. In the pictures of the filters alone, the camera focused on the tabletop instead, so we can't even tell what we are seeing. The camera focal point in the second picture was the battery and the table top, so what should be the drip tip area, well, just looks like the end of a cigarette to me. And, well, I pay money not to have the end of a cigarette in my mouth.

That video was awesome deff gonna show my gf that ive been vaping for a month now and shes still an everyday smoker and i will not stop annoying her about it till she starts vaping cause ive noticed a pretty decent improvement in my health in just about a month (not filtering my vapor)

Okay guys, the OP just asked a simple question. Even I think it is out of the ordinary and not in the norm of what we call vaping. But he likes and wants to use a filter. To each his own. It is not like he is asking how to stack batteries or something. I don't see how a filter is going to cause any harm to himself or others. So stop giving him such a hard time.

@Comp - nice video.

Edited by BirdDog

But we can have an opinion on filtering, right?

The OP makes the statement that filtering "let's all the flavor and nicotine through". This is quite a statement since it defies physics.

In my opinion it is unnecessary to filter vapor and the filtering of vapor cannot be done without removing particulates that contribute to flavor or restricting the transfer of nicotine.

I agree that it's unnecessary, but in reality, as I've posted, I wanted to know why the OP feels the need to filter the e cigs....although I think maybe it's possible that there was some juice on that filter in the picture, it just wasn't in focus enough on the filter to tell if it was made that way, or the color came from juice.

That video was awesome deff gonna show my gf that ive been vaping for a month now and shes still an everyday smoker and i will not stop annoying her about it till she starts vaping cause ive noticed a pretty decent improvement in my health in just about a month (not filtering my vapor)

I wish I could show my dad and sister, but frankly, after this long smoking, we all know what's in there.....even if we choose to ignore it. My dad is almost 70, so he's been hearing it a long time, and even when his diabetes doc suggested e-cigs, recently, he's resisted. He doesn't like people telling him what to do, and he doesn't want to give up the analogs.

My sister, well, I think she MIGHT give it up, if I could get her a set, maybe (since I have two APVs PLUS the winder, maybe I can give her my egos now, I'll talk to hubby, and then talk to her and see if she is interested), her is more limited than mine is.

I know, OT from the OP's post, put responsive to another response, had to put it out there, though.

• 2 years later...

I think that modding tips is actually a pretty good idea. Not necessary perhaps and certainly not for everyone, but it could have some benefits.

http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/122-a244/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6701740/Vaping-burned-a-hole-in-my-lungs.html

I've been thinking about modding a small filter (swan extra slim) to my tip, so I might give it a go and test it out as an option for the OP. 😀

• 1 year later...
Hi, I am new to this forum and relatively new to vaping. I, however, have several devices. I mostly use an Evod with a Protank. The problem I have with all of them is that I cannot find a filtered tip. I currently modified all of my tips to accept a Dr Grabow standard pipe filter. Is anyone aware of a tip that will accept a filter without modification? Thanks, Larry

Larry what ever floats your boat. As long as your off the cigs. Look up California health department. Forged vape shop air quality teat. They found nothing in the air.