Want to gather some information

Leon

Hello, My name is Leon Im from The Netherlands and I wanted to gather some information about vaping.

Im really interested in a MOD Vapor but I honestly have no idea how to build one, which parts I need and if it is recommended if im not familiar with normal e smoking

If you're not familiar with e-smoking e-cigarettes or vaping, I wouldn't recommend you try to build your own mod just yet. You don't have any point of reference in what you want, what you need, the safety precautions you should take... You won't even know if it's really working right. How much electronic knowledge do you have? That's pretty important as well.

Read the threads on this forum, ask questions, get into vaping with some basic gear first to learn about vaping (we don't like to call it anything-smoking because of the negative connotations associated with that). Good luck!

If you're not familiar with e-smoking e-cigarettes or vaping, I wouldn't recommend you try to build your own mod just yet. You don't have any point of reference in what you want, what you need, the safety precautions you should take... You won't even know if it's really working right. How much electronic knowledge do you have? That's pretty important as well.

Read the threads on this forum, ask questions, get into vaping with some basic gear first to learn about vaping (we don't like to call it anything-smoking because of the negative connotations associated with that). Good luck!

I see well what do you recommend me starting off with?

Ive tried a couple of my friends E-cigarettes but I always seem to start coughing once I inhale the same goes for shishas I dont seem to have this problem with normal cigarettes

My recommendation would be to get a Vision Spinner battery, a brand name charger and AC adapter. This is a simple variable voltage device. Add a Kanger Pro Tank 2 (or the mini version) or an Anyvape Davide (this also has a mini version) with some KPT (Kanger Pro Tank) coils. The ohm of the coil depends on what you like. I prefer a 1.8 ohm (lower resistance). Get some juice in a 50 PG/50 VG blend, your choice of nicotine percentage, which depends on how much you smoked so you can mimic the nic level at first.

Get to know about all of the things I've recommended above. Then, you can venture into building your own coils, RBAs, RDAs, etc. Don't try to build an airplane before you learn how to ride a bicycle. :)

The reason you cough could be that the throat hit is too harsh. This can be caused by too high a nic level, too much PG, too high a voltage on your atomizer, etc. It could also be that you need to take a draw into your mouth first, wait a split second and then inhale the vapor. See? These are just a tiny bit of what you need to learn before you try to build your own mod.

Edited by Tameiki

My recommendation would be to get a Vision Spinner battery, a brand name charger and AC adapter. This is a simple variable voltage device. Add a Kanger Pro Tank 2 (or the mini version) or an Anyvape Davide (this also has a mini version) with some KPT (Kanger Pro Tank) coils. The ohm of the coil depends on what you like. I prefer a 1.8 ohm (lower resistance). Get some juice in a 50 PG/50 VG blend, your choice of nicotine percentage, which depends on how much you smoked so you can mimic the nic level at first.

Get to know about all of the things I've recommended above. Then, you can venture into building your own coils, RBAs, RDAs, etc. Don't try to build an airplane before you learn how to ride a bicycle. :)

The reason you cough could be that the throat hit is too harsh. This can be caused by too high a nic level, too much PG, too high a voltage on your atomizer, etc. It could also be that you need to take a draw into your mouth first, wait a split second and then inhale the vapor. See? These are just a tiny bit of what you need to learn before you try to build your own mod.

I see thanks for taking the time to explain, Its such a shame that vaping isn't really that popular in The Netherlands yet.

I doubt the throat hit is too harsh for me as I have been smoking Rolling tobacco and afterwards started with normal cigarettes, Also I am a enthusiastic smoker of weed which throat hits are quite harsh.

I only seem to find this problem with liquid based smoking options sometimes even steam from the shower makes me cough a little bit

I am pretty new to vaping myself.

When I got my first kit I didnt like it because it made me cough. I just started out with smaller hits. I tried different ways of drawing a puff. After about 3 days, vaping a little more each day, the coughing problem was gone. I think its the vapor hitting your lungs when you arent used to it. Also I was told that if you still smoke analogs, you will cough. I think the more you vape the less you will cough. within a few days I was taking enormous draws with no cough.

good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Ah okay well, Im not really getting into vaping because I want to quit smoking but more to practice smoke tricks and if vaping feels good who knows if I will quit.

Sorry for the late reply

Does anybody has recommedations for a vapor that produces alot of smoke to start doing smoke tricks with?

Hey I just googled abit about the stuff you mentioned I have a few questions:

- What is the coil used for I mean for like letting smoke or nicotine or vape through?

- Whats PG and VG

- I used to smoke a package of marlboro LIGHT each two days what percentage do you recommend me to?

- What AMH should I get for my vision spinner

- Do these vision spinner and kanger protank produce alot of smoke?

So basically all I need is a vision spinner battery and a kanger protank some juices and Im ready to smoke and a brand name charger and AC for charging it up

have you got any recommendations for liquids? or are some not compatible?

Edited by Leon

If u dont plan on quiting anolog's and just want to get vaper i would strongly sugest u getting a juice with NO NIC!!! You dont want an O.D on nic..theres a thread about that if u wana check it out. The coil is what heats up and produces the vape and as far as mha,the more u have the longer it last.. as far as juices there are many good places..just search around on here and im sure u will find a thread with some recomindations.

Edited by vaporraper

If u dont plan on quiting anolog's and just want to get vaper i would strongly sugest u getting a juice with NO NIC!!! You dont want an O.D on nic..theres a thread about that if u wana check it out. The coil is what heats up and produces the vape and as far as mha,the more u have the longer it last.. as far as juices there are many good places..just search around on here and im sure u will find a thread with some recomindations.

I guess ill take the lightest nic and see how it packs out I might quit gradually if the vaporizer really works for me but for now i want to practice smoke tricks with it

@ Tameiki

Ive found kanger protank 3 that looks a bit more for what I am looking for or is this to harsh for me as beginner?

Pg/vg is the ratio of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin that makes up the juice mixed with flavoring.

A higher ratio of vg over pg will produce more vapor ( it's VAPOR, not SMOKE an important distinction). Higher vg juice tends to contain more flavoring, as much as 35% of the juice. Pg carries more flavor so the flavoring ratio of the juice tends to be lower.

A pro tank with a 2.0 ohm coil with high vg content in the juice will produce a lot of vapor. Recommend 1300mah vision spinner dialed up to about 3.8v or more if the juice can take it without "burning". If this is not enough vapor for you then you should look in to mods and coil building. The coil is the heating element of any device usually measured in resistance (ohms).

You should also know it is a forum rule not to discuss the smoking of recreational drugs.

What Bebop said. He's got all the same information (and more), that I was going to type out. Thanks, Bebop! Saved me a lot of tapping on the keyboard. :)

As for the Kanger ProTank 3 with its dual coils? I have one and I'm less than impressed with the dual coil. So much so that I use a single coil and that gives me much better performance. YMMV.

Also, like what's been said before. Vaping is not smoking. You should never get any "smoke" unless you're dry burning a coil and you've way over done it to the point of burning your wick.

Edited by Tameiki

Have u tried the new updated pt3 coils they are a lot better

I'll have to give them a try. The KPT2 and 3 were giving me a few problems so I decided to try the Anyvape Davide full-sized tanks. Those work very well for me. I like them better than the Kangers. :)

Pg/vg is the ratio of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin that makes up the juice mixed with flavoring.

A higher ratio of vg over pg will produce more vapor ( it's VAPOR, not SMOKE an important distinction). Higher vg juice tends to contain more flavoring, as much as 35% of the juice. Pg carries more flavor so the flavoring ratio of the juice tends to be lower.

A pro tank with a 2.0 ohm coil with high vg content in the juice will produce a lot of vapor. Recommend 1300mah vision spinner dialed up to about 3.8v or more if the juice can take it without "burning". If this is not enough vapor for you then you should look in to mods and coil building. The coil is the heating element of any device usually measured in resistance (ohms).

You should also know it is a forum rule not to discuss the smoking of recreational drugs.

I see so what has more flavour and vapor then?

I cant really get the answer from what you wrote as you said pg carries more flavour so ratio of the juice tends to be lower?

also I cant decide what coil I want with the kanger aero tank clearomizer it only gives me one option while with the kanger protank 2 i can choose between 1.5 1.8 2.2 2.5

I know but I only brought it up to compare that I have some resistance to troath hits

http://www.zwoofs.nl/verdampers-clearomizers-atomizers/kanger/kanger-protank-3-clearomizer/

or

http://www.zwoofs.nl/verdampers-clearomizers-atomizers/kanger/kanger-aero-tank-clearomizer/

Which ones do you guys recommend me to buy and whats the difference between them the last one looks more like the thing im looking for

Edited by Leon

Yes, sorry wasn't clear.

What I meant was a juice that has a higher ratio of pg over vg will tend to use less percentage of flavoring since the pg carries more flavor.

There are 3 main components of juice - pg, vg and flavoring.

Pg holds the flavor

Vg makes the vapor

If you get a high pg content you will get lots of flavor but little vapor production

If you get high vg content you get lots of vapor production . They make up the flavor by making the juice 35% flavoring and 65% vg (no pg). (That's just an example)

But this is not absolute. It is a general idea of what to expect. I have found that you can find some high vg juices with a lot of flavor but they tend to be "premium" juices and you'll pay for them.

To me the best trade off is somewhere around 50/50 (pg/vg). That usually gives pretty good flavor with good vapor production.

If I'm not mistaken the Aero tank uses the same coils as the pro tank.? They LOOK the same anyway. But don't hold me to that. I haven't checked in to the Aero tank yet.

Edited by Bebop12