General List of RBAs and everything rebuidlable!

IMEDICx90

As most of you probably already know there are a ton of option in the vaping world. There are little ego batteries all the way up to the e-huge mod that stacks 2 26650 batteries, and everything in between. There are also a ton of tanks, atomizers, rebuildables, cartomizers, and I'm sure there are more that I haven't mentioned and/or are being created!

With that being said I see alot of questions regarding RBAs, or Rebuildable Atomizers. There is a huge variety and most are commonly mislabeled due to the loose use of this term. I'm going to try and show what the difference is between them and provide some images to help guide you in the right direction as well as the correct terminology for them.

RBA- Genesis style rebuildable atomizer, has a tank and is most commonly build with SS mesh or SS rope like a Kraken or a Zenisis

These are completely rebuildable top wicking systems. These have a tank that can range anywhere from 1.5ml to 7ml of capacity. Here are a few examples:

The Kraken made by Vicious Ant is a new Genesis atty that is sweeping the market. With the standard dual coil deck and the AFC (airflow control/ airflow cap) its a totally new take on the genny!

post-25306-0-53751600-1388864996_thumb.j

The Zenisis is an atty made by Zen and is definitely one of the best originals

post-25306-0-63697400-1388865060_thumb.j

RDA- A dripping rebuildable atomizer, no tank and is usually built with a cotton wick, hemp wick, or ceramic like a Trident, Nimbus, Omega or patriot

Notice on all of these they lack the tank like the RBA. They are meant for dripping and some use it to taste flavors, others Like myself choose this as a method of vaping all day due to the lack of juice build up that will cause the flavors to mute. Also these typically have multiple posts allowing for multiple coil builds.

Trident

post-25306-0-61909800-1388865053_thumb.j

Nimbus

post-25306-0-05303500-1388865007_thumb.j

Omega

post-25306-0-16150100-1388865013_thumb.j

Patriot

post-25306-0-52644000-1388865019_thumb.j

RTA- Rebuildable tank atomizer, a rebuildable that is used in a tank such as the Diver or the Grail

This type of rebuildable atty acts alot like the cartomizers in DCT's tanks. They can be used alone or with a tank. They feature a ceramic cup and use Resistance and Non Resistance wire.

Diver

post-25306-0-36085400-1388864973_thumb.j

Scuba Tank

post-25306-0-70433200-1388865029_thumb.j

Diver in a Scuba Tank

post-25306-0-40739900-1388865040_thumb.j

Grail

post-25306-0-97302800-1388864980_thumb.j

BFRBA- Bottom Fed Rebuildable atomizer, a rebuildable that has a juice flow control and air control (typically) such as a Kayfun or an Ithaka

These also use ceramic cups and R/NR wire. However there is an exception with the Kayfun where its more like an RDA with a tank on top of it. These feed much like a Kanger Protank or an Aspire BDC, and like wise use a chimney to feed the vapor to the vaper. The biggest advantage to the BFRBA is it usually comes with a juice control (the chimney turns to allow more/less juice to the wicks) and AFC.

Ithaka

post-25306-0-59753300-1388864986_thumb.j

Aqua

post-25306-0-12918800-1388864966_thumb.j

Kayfun

post-25306-0-16490100-1388864992_thumb.j

BFRDA- This is the last category of rebuildables. These are a more specifc type of RDA. They actually can be fed through the bottom 510 connection and are used on mods like the REO. The term squonking is the act of using a BFRDA and a REO (or another type of bottle feeding mod) and you actually squeeze a juice bottle that is stored inside the mod to feed the wick of the RDA. While you could use them on another type of mod, they are seriously handicapped due to the nature of the juice being able to escape the 510 connection and leak right into the battery connection. These would include The Chalice, RM2, Fatty V3, and many others. Here are a few examples:

The Chalice

post-25306-0-88407100-1388866064_thumb.j

Fatty V3

post-25306-0-29121400-1388866070_thumb.j

RM2

post-25306-0-06532600-1388866080_thumb.j

Hopefully this helps keep the terminology straight, and when you go to invest in one you can figure out which is right for what you want!

Vape on guys and gals!

-MEDIC out

Woot! Got me a pin! Lol!

I was going to say, this is definitely deserving of a sticky or pin (I know different boards use different terms).

I have a couple questions. I mentioned before, I think about a week ago, we purchased a Helios clone RDA. Now that seems to hold enough juice to vape on for a while, are all RDAs like that?

And, for example, I know with some drippers, leakage can be a problem - which is why the whole drip shield thing was invented. Does this happen with RDAs? And on RDAs, when do you need to rebuild them? I'll ask the same question about RBAs - do you rebuild them if you change the flavor in the tank?

Also, I heard from someone's conversation with a shop owner on Friday that if you cotton as a wicking material rather than silica on RBA's, they feel it's superior, but you can't let it dry it out, because it will burn up, is that right?

I was going to say, this is definitely deserving of a sticky or pin (I know different boards use different terms).

I have a couple questions.  I mentioned before, I think about a week ago, we purchased a Helios clone RDA.  Now that seems to hold enough juice to vape on for a while, are all RDAs like that?

Well it shouldn't really hold any more juice then what the wick is capable of holding. Cotton, for example, typically is able to absorb more quickly and hold more then silica. So you would have a leakage problem if you over drip the RDA.

And, for example, I know with some drippers, leakage can be a problem - which is why the whole drip shield thing was invented.  Does this happen with RDAs?  And on RDAs, when do you need to rebuild them?  I'll ask the same question about RBAs - do you rebuild them if you change the flavor in the tank?

Yes is happens when you put to much liquid in the dripper. You are overpowering the wicking capabilities and it can leak through the air holes.

The beauty of rebuildables in General is you can change the build whenever you choose. The only time you HAVE to rebuild is when your wick goes bad which is common in cotton wicks (they scorch easily) or your coil pops. I have had the same coils in my trident for almost 4 months now. And still going strong.

If you choose to change the flavor some people just switch juice... Some rebuild the wick..... Some do a complete tear down(wash, rebuild, rewick, reassemble, refill). Again it's personal preference

Also, I heard from someone's conversation with a shop owner on Friday that if you cotton as a wicking material rather than silica on RBA's, they feel it's superior, but you can't let it dry it out, because it will burn up, is that right?

Well if it dries up in an RDA or an RBA you will scorch it and burn it in half. So cotton gets changed pretty frequently since it's easy to get, easy to work with, and cheap as crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have a REO from reomods.com and it is a bottom feeder. Essentially you get to drip with the convenience of a tank. That seems a little backwards but hear me out. The juice is contained in a bottle that is on board the mod itself and held inside the casing. So you have a dripper on top that is a b/f and you have a juice bottle right below it. You get the joy of a dripper but without having to drip all the time, you just squeeze the bottle or "Squonk" and it refills the dripper just like you would if you had a tube mod with a dripper, only no messing with the caps and lids and such while your driving or your hands are occupied, that make anymore sense?

Posted Image

That's the inside.

Posted Image

That is with the cover on. See the little rectangle-ish hole? That is where the bottle rests. Then you just put your finger inside it and squeeze the bottle. That feeds the dripper. So no you take the door off to refill the bottle or to change the battery. But you don't leave it off. :)