gotvapes.com SUPER SHADY!

sauceward

So I got my Katady epower that the wife ordered me for x-mas from gotvapes.com yesterday. Being it was my first mod I was so excited. Until I opened the box and saw that they sold me a used unit! Well too late to send it back since I gotta open it x-mas morning. Thx for being the grinch that stole Christmas gotvapes.com . Unless your looking to get burned stay away from gotvapes.com.

P.S. Tried to post a similar review on their website and they blocked it, SUPER SHADY!

Did you try to contact them about this before your attempt to post a negative review on their site? Gotvapes.com has always given me good customer service anytime I've had to contact them about a product -- which has been rare.

Just curious, how do you know it's a used unit? What gave it away?

Well the protective plastic covering that come from the factory on both sides were missing. The outer ego threads were covered in e-juice as was there e-juice on the battery terminal. Furthermore when I cleaned the battery terminal with a Qtip I found that the inner 510 threads were caked with black residue, meaning someone had taken a tank on and off quite a bit. Also I don't know when the last time was you visited their site, but there is no link for customer service unless I can't find it. But yes that was my first recourse

Edited by sauceward

From their homepage you click on "contact us" at the top of the page and you get lots of text and:

*Please be aware that we do not handle customer service at the email address above or at the telephone number above. To keep things organized and to give the best possible and most consistent service you must use our ticket system at

http://www.igotvapes.com.

We published this information here solely because we belong to the ECF forum and their regulations require us to publish an email address and phone number on our contact page.

GotVapes.com
10715 Buckeye Furnace
Sugar Land, TX 77498

Email Address:
daniel@gotvapes.com

Telephone: (832)241-7039*

The link is here. http://www.gotvapes.com//index.php?main_page=contact_us

Well the protective plastic covering that come from the factory on both sides were missing. The outer ego threads were covered in e-juice as was there e-juice on the battery terminal. Furthermore when I cleaned the battery terminal with a Qtip I found that the inner 510 threads were caked with black residue, meaning someone had taken a tank on and off quite a bit. Also I don't know when the last time was you visited their site, but there is no link for customer service unless I can't find it. But yes that was my first recourse

That is complete BS. Sending out used gear is super shady. Even if they "fix" the issue through their ticket system. It sounds like it was a tester unit in a B&M store. Did the item state that it may be "used" when you purchased it? If not, then I would not purchase from them again. Unless they have a very good excuse (sometimes mistakes do happen, and everyone deserves a second chance).

My $.02

SV

So screaming here won't do you any good. Did you buy with a credit card? Do you have buyer protection with your credit card? Well then use it...personally I find the whole story far fetched...but will give you the benefit of the doubt as they are currently sold out of that model, but it's also been on sale. The unit itself looks like junk to me, so maybe buy something else anyway....

So screaming here won't do you any good. Did you buy with a credit card? Do you have buyer protection with your credit card? Well then use it...personally I find the whole story far fetched...but will give you the benefit of the doubt as they are currently sold out of that model, but it's also been on sale. The unit itself looks like junk to me, so maybe buy something else anyway....

I find it real funny how people get on these forums and start spouting off at the mouth calling people liars knowing there's no reprocusions, kinda cowardly if you ask me. But anyway the reason for posting this in the first place was to try to help someone else from getting burned. By the way gotvapes.com latest response is "they have no control of what happens in Chinese factory" so basically they don't stand behind their product.

Hey auquatroy you don't happen to live in Arizona? Would really like to meet in person and talk about some things

I in no way called you a liar, most here have dealt with got vapes and have had no issues, but €£%# happens and I did state that it might have happened that they gave you the instore model that might have been used, since they are sold out.

No I lived in Scottsdale in the 80s, but your welcome to PM me...