Battery Charging Issues

vmshaw

Hi all,

I am new to E-Cig thing. I purchased the Ego-T thru a special online, I thought ok maybe just a piece a junk, then a friend gave me 2 more batteries 1 larger and 1 the same size as the one I had. they do not keep a charge, none of them. I then went to the store and the guy told me maybe my charger was bad, so I bought a new charger and while I was there I bought a larger Total Vapor battery. I charge all of these till the light is green on the charger. Any ideas? I am frustrated...I am about to revert back to my cigs....just joking. But I feel like I have a full time job switching out batteries all day long. :)

Where are you plugging these batteries into? (the wall adaptor or your laptop?)

I have a few chargers who, even if the light is green, I have to unplug and replug them into the wall -- to come to the "second round" of red lights. So I understand the frustrations, especially with having to cycle through all of these batteries.

I would email them about this and express your frustrations with this. They might have a better alternative, or maybe it was just a bad battery batch released that can be replaced. Their customer service is very nice.

Are the batteries that your friend gave you eGos?

And as an overall, good habit and idea, it's great to have a different backup so that if you are experiencing issues with one specific charger, you don't have to go without vaping until you get it fixed or can replace it. It has saved a lot of us. Even just having the disposables aside as backup isn't a bad idea. :)

Have you dropped your ego-Ts? And where did you get these ego-Ts from? Were they from JoyeTech/totally wicked themselves?

I started out plugging them into a usb om my computer, then switched to plugging the USB into my Iphone adapter into the wall.

I do have a Lotus that I picked up when I was out and needed something, paid 16.99 for the whole package and I am using that for a backup right now.

My friend gave me some that do not have a brand on them :( so I do not know what they are. I have not dropped them or anything. I bought the larger one form a shop here locally. I will talk with him about that one.

Does everyone buy online?

What is the output rating on the charger. It is written on the charger.

How much did you pay for the batteries?

I have 3 2 of which are 4.2V. I am not sure of the other (i dont have it with me).I paid like 30.00 for the larger Total Vapor battery.

HelloMiakoda

I do not know what mah is? I do not know how long they are suppose to last, but would assume 1/2 a day would not be too much to ask?

Actually, it depends on how much you vape, and the mah (milliamp hours) the battery is. For example, I have 900 mah eGo batteries, and they last me about four to five hours (it used to last me about 18 hours, but my vaping has increased) because I vape so much. Well, sometimes, if you know the battery you have (like mine, eGo 900 mah), you can look it up online, and you may be able to find someplace to give you an indication of approximately how many puffs it should last on a charge, but for that to do you any good on finding out if the battery is lasting long enough, you have to be cognizant of the rate at which you vape. For instance, about how much juice do you go through a day?

I have 3 2 of which are 4.2V. I am not sure of the other (i dont have it with me).I paid like 30.00 for the larger Total Vapor battery.

But the output should be in mA (milliamps) . Do you see that?

4.2 v is the output from the wall adapter going TO the charger. The charger itself should have an output in mA

Edited by Bebop12

Actually, it depends on how much you vape, and the mah (milliamp hours) the battery is. For example, I have 900 mah eGo batteries, and they last me about four to five hours (it used to last me about 18 hours, but my vaping has increased) because I vape so much. Well, sometimes, if you know the battery you have (like mine, eGo 900 mah), you can look it up online, and you may be able to find someplace to give you an indication of approximately how many puffs it should last on a charge, but for that to do you any good on finding out if the battery is lasting long enough, you have to be cognizant of the rate at which you vape. For instance, about how much juice do you go through a day?

I do vape all day as well, but I do not have to refill everyday. BUt I guess I cannot be sure of that either because my Lotus cart does not fit the Total Vapor battery...so tiring. I am so glad you said you vap all day...I was thinking there was something wrong with me! I will have to be more cognizant of it and see how much I use. I know I bought a 10ml bottle of juice last Thursday and I still have more then 2/3 left.

But the output should be in mA (milliamps) . Do you see that?

4.2 v is the output from the wall adapter going TO the charger. The charger itself should have an output in mA

420mA

Okay.

Take a tissue or paper towel and clean well the top of the battery, the very center inside the top. A q-tip works well. Clean the inside threads as well. If the tissue or q tip comes out dirty then that's likely tour problem.(make sure you clean the charger end as well)

If that doesnt do it then you will need to gently pry up the center post in the battery just a bit. Use a needle or fine tweezers and lift the center post just a hair. Not too much

Okay.

Take a tissue or paper towel and clean well the top of the battery, the very center inside the top. A q-tip works well. Clean the inside threads as well. If the tissue or q tip comes out dirty then that's likely tour problem.(make sure you clean the charger end as well)

If that doesnt do it then you will need to gently pry up the center post in the battery just a bit. Use a needle or fine tweezers and lift the center post just a hair. Not too much

Alright, I will try these and see if this helps. I REALLY appreciate your help. I will let you know. I will do all my batteries.

Thank you so much!

I bought an ego to start and my buddie came over that night with his pro vari and some juice..i didnt want to spend $200 give or take on one but i loved the vape from it..we ckecked out some reviews from PB and then checked out the sigelei z max v5 on line and found it for $62 shiped...it came with two 18650's bateries a charger and a decent tank.. if u dont mind the size to me its a no brainer..had it almost a week now and loving it..no bat isues at all,it has a hit counter and ive ben geting 5/6 hundred hits/out of it without even draining the bat all the way..

I bought an ego to start and my buddie came over that night with his pro vari and some juice..i didnt want to spend $200 give or take on one but i loved the vape from it..we ckecked out some reviews from PB and then checked out the sigelei z max v5 on line and found it for $62 shiped...it came with two 18650's bateries a charger and a decent tank.. if u dont mind the size to me its a no brainer..had it almost a week now and loving it..no bat isues at all,it has a hit counter and ive ben geting 5/6 hundred hits/out of it without even draining the bat all the way..

You know I think my friend has a couple ones that are that size and she doesn't mind the size. Maybe I will get her to let me try hers for a day and see.

Thanks!

The Sigelei's are good performers, and almost indestructible. They added on the puff counter and I think the pass through to charge something else to keep up with Innokin, I would think. Before I sent my MVP back for repair, I didn't bother looking at the puff counter all that much, except that to adjust wattage on that, the puff counter would show up first. On my Sigelei V3 - well, I had more waking time then than I do now, evidently - but I would go through 2 18650 batteries per day.

The Sigelei's are good performers, and almost indestructible.  They added on the puff counter and I think the pass through to charge something else to keep up with Innokin, I would think.  Before I sent my MVP back for repair, I didn't bother looking at the puff counter all that much, except that to adjust wattage on that, the puff counter would show up first.  On my Sigelei V3 - well, I had more waking time then than I do now, evidently - but I would go through 2 18650 batteries per day. 

WOW,2 a day!?! That blows my mind!! How many ml a day would u vape with two bateries? I guess im ot vaping all that much copared to what u were doing or were u running high watage/volts? Either way still seems crazy to me when i dont even come close to using the full charge on a 18650.