*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

8 hours ago, james.darlin said:

cdeb4cf8fef0b396caf7ca1dba2afe46.jpg
These are the product of my rebuild Thursday this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you use the same gauge outer as the inners on that coil?  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cany here are some more.
First is dual 316l ss aliens coming in at 0.09 on the vaporshark. Rda is the Troll v2
Second is a single 316l ss alien coming in at 0.20 on my therion bf squonk. Rda is the hadaly.f4c29b53d1afc4fb0f70514b23eb649a.jpg3bc27951dcef70e7d0bf18618cb41124.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I got me a Coil Master so I decided to try something a bit more complicated.

26*2 32ga Clapton dial coil set up.
8 wraps in each coil but folded over in the middle (makes a figure 8), it looks like 4 vertical could.
Measures in at 0.379 ohms.
It was a bear to wick but it seems to be performing well.f205dd8afed4e4a77125d528f6cde8f6.jpg

Sent from a galaxy far far away

I got me a Coil Master so I decided to try something a bit more complicated.

26*2 32ga Clapton dial coil set up.
8 wraps in each coil but folded over in the middle (makes a figure 8), it looks like 4 vertical could.
Measures in at 0.379 ohms.
It was a bear to wick but it seems to be performing well.f205dd8afed4e4a77125d528f6cde8f6.jpg

UPDATE
I wasn't really expecting much from this build, I done it as a challenge more than anything.
I really under estimated it, this thing is a beast!
Intense flavor and it really wicks well. Other than the fact that it is a real pain to wick, this one's a keeper!

8 minutes ago, gadget said:

UPDATE
I wasn't really expecting much from this build, I done it as a challenge more than anything.
I really under estimated it, this thing is a beast!
Intense flavor and it really wicks well. Other than the fact that it is a real pain to wick, this one's a keeper!

Looks really sharp too.  This may be all in my head, who knows, but I've been spinning up a lot of 28*2+36 and 26*2+36 SS lately.  I've tried more complex and twisted.  I've also tried single strand Clapton.  These simple parallel Claptons always make flavor pop for me.  They're working well in TC, so they must retain a pretty linear TCR value as compared to simple wire.  Ramp time is a little slower than nichrome or kanthal but that fits the experience I like.  I enjoy that ramp time. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I tried something new the other night as far as coil building. Well new to me any way.

24g flat kanthal with 22g round N80 paralled together, 6 wraps each on 3mm comes in at 0.14 ohms. Cloud production is pretty good and flavor is amazing. Must say it is rather enjoyable.4ad355ff0a3ee6e1506ab141845f8f4e.jpg