*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

I watched a lot of tutorials as well its just doing it by hand i cant get the wrap wire tight enough on the core.

You've been using wire gauges that are a bit too close. That's why your wraps don't come out super close together. The smaller the wire you use for the outer portion, the better it will look. :) For example, 24 and 32ga is a good combo. Not 24 and 26/28. I used to rock 24/28 but then I started using 30 in place of the 28 and I started to notice that it looks better. I will never understand these industry build-kings using 45ga on 26ga cores,  though. That's ludicrous.

• 3 months later...

My go to coil build is 1 strand 26g and 1 strand 28g twisted kanthal 6 wraps on 2.0mm. .38ohms with dual coils. It's on an 18650 box mod and a infinite clt atomizer.  Great flavor and big clouds. I personally like it better than even clapton coils.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Created these two monsters today. I dont have an ohm reader/check but use a multimeter. It only goes to 0.0 not 0.00 so i dont know the exact ohms (i.e. only know 0.6 ohms instead of 0.63 or w/e)

Stove top is 24g kanthal and fires at 0.6~

Parallel is 24 g kanthal firing at 0.4~

Boy howdy does that stove top drink the juice!

Can't wait til i get my mutilator tomorrow!

2015-12-06 16.00.24.jpg

2015-12-06 17.34.57.jpg

So i made this clapton coil and it is alright 1.0 and i think i found my sweet spot.

Also have this 1.0 dual coil and they are both just warm and cloudy enough for me.

Clapton is cool but not that impressive. Better than the stove top tho

20151210_004805-1.jpg

Anybody else in the one ohm zone?

20151210_004638-1-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Haven't been on for quote some time. Good to see the thread still going. I'm managing a vape bar now,  and have plenty of time to build and see all the new crazy builds. Here is a pic of a recent build.  A monster 20g core Clapton'd with 26g Kanthal, parallel with 20g. This was a b*tch to fit in almost any RDA, but ended up finding a home in a DOT with glass top cap. Crazy flavor.

IMG_20160101_220100.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

dual parallel 4 wrap Static wire, around 3mm drill bit, ohms out at around .08 so its a pretty low comp build and a nice warm vape :) running it on a copper Kennedy RDA and a Jux mod.

2016-03-26 20.02.54-1_resized.jpg

Edited by clouded66
mistyped word

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have some SS fused Clapton ss316l  26*2 30 Ga   I dont build a lot and Dunno why I bought it My build decks are a Mutation X4 and the Herakles RTA 2  Looking for a nice build with this wire   Off topic a bit lol

Edited by cany

22 hours ago, cany said:

I have some SS fused Clapton ss316l  26*2 30 Ga   I dont build a lot and Dunno why I bought it My build decks are a Mutation X4 and the Herakles RTA 2  Looking for a nice build with this wire   Off topic a bit lol

I was told this wire takes a while too ramp up and was no good for a Dripper build