*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

It was time to recoil my kayfuns and Russian clones, since it's Sunday.
( being retired, one day is like another, but old habits die hard...)
Not sure why, but watched a video on a chimney build for these and thought
I would try, at least for one of them.
Never thought about doing one on kayfuns, figured it was for other devices.
It really does improve the flavor a bit and better airflow it seems.
Time will tell if I do this more often.
Old dog learning new tricks...
Anyone else with an opinion on these for kayfuns, or another build to try ?

P.S.  You guys do some amazing things with twisted wire and such.  I sometimes live in a Time Warp...please excuse.

9d6a2796d9e2007f510311bbfbc75d66.jpg My second try at claptons and they came out better and perform amazing. 26ga core wrapped with 28ga, 5 wraps on the 2.5mm coil master rod @0.25 ohms. Currently run it between 70-80 watts and get excellent flavor and vapor production. Only downside is that it kills my batteries in my sigelei in a day as opposed the usual 2 days time.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my first attempt at a RDA in Temp mode.

I really like how you build on this mod.  The juice well looks like it will hold a bottle of juice.  I am not sold on the airiness, or the huge drip tip.  I think it is hurting the flavor.

TempCoilonVelocity.thumb.jpg.2912f7cddde

The increased airflow will in fact kill the flvor. The tighter you make it, though, the better. I'm sure you already know that. You'll get used to it. I wasn't too impressed at first either. But look at me now. I'm obsessed with large amounts of airflow and an easy draw.

The increased airflow will in fact kill the flvor. The tighter you make it, though, the better. I'm sure you already know that. You'll get used to it. I wasn't too impressed at first either. But look at me now. I'm obsessed with large amounts of airflow and an easy draw.

I am really getting where I like high airflow.  The SubTank Mini, the SauceCode and the OBS have great airflow.  They make my Lemo 2 seem restrictive.  This dang Velocity with all of the air holes open (2 oval ones below the coils and 6 round ones even with the coil) has nearly no restriction at all.  It makes the vape extremely cool.  I have only ran it at 40 watts and 600 degrees. (I doubt it ever gets over 500 though) It puts out bigger clouds than any thing else I have tried. I guess I am going to have to recoil with Kanthal and put it on my ipv3 so I can throw some power at it.

I am like you though, I have got to the point I really like an open draw, but this thing is ridiculous.  It was a good buy for a clone.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my first attempt at a clapton coil (just bought a cordless drill in Iraq). I've always wanted to try a clapton and now I've got my chance. This build is in my new subtank mini v2 with the new rba section. For the build I used a 26ga kanthal core wrapped with 30ga kanthal. 5 wraps around a 5/64 screwdriver came to .67 ohms. I will continue to practice with kanthal (as I have tons of it), but I want to eventually build a clapton with ni200 nickel. This build has awesome and flavor....OMG. I have been missing out here. The vapor production is some of the best I've had in an RTA.

20150730_105251.jpg

20150730_103902.jpg

20150730_104455.jpg

Nice job DragonGunner, that is a hell of a lot better than my first 3 attempts at claptons...lol

Thanks bro. I watched a hell of a lot of tutorials on these bad boys. I've since made a second one in my other subtank mini and it came out really good as well. Next I'll try a fused clapton and see how that goes.