*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

6hour round trip to the airport

I have found 3 easy ways to get rid of company.

1. Leave sex toys around the house

2. Unroll the toilet paper in the guest bathroom about 3 feet. Sprinkle white pepper on it as you wind it back up.

3. Feed the dog Liverwurst shortly before they arrive.

Okay, here it is. The best I could get is 0.8 on 28 gauge Kanthal.

Vapes like a champ, way better flavor!

coil3_zps0e31b2e7.jpg

Okay, here it is. The best I could get is 0.8 on 28 gauge Kanthal.

Vapes like a champ, way better flavor!

coil3_zps0e31b2e7.jpg

Looks really good dude! Good job.you'll like that coil

EhPro Kayfun V4 with a chimney coil. Idea stolen from Rip Trippers. Basically turned my Kayfun into a Nautilus. 28g/9 wrap/1.4 ohm. Handles 15w without a dry hit using 50/50 Poet Dolce Miele Creama. Not huge clouds, but talk about flavor.

Edited by GeorgeF

Very nice build Mr. Smith. How does it vape?

On a side note I just built a double barrel coil on my Lemo. Wow so much room compared to this build on my 91%. I was able to easily cram a 9/10 wrap 26ga kanthal on a 5/64 mini screwdriver (deck holes were almost too small but the 2 strands did fit). It ohm'd out at .5. I will say this much......I loved the double barrel build on my 91% but with the extra airflow that the Lemo gives....OMG what a great vape. I'll post pics the next time I make it on the Lemo. If you have a Lemo you gotta try this build. You won't be disappointed.

DG

It did alright, but I didn't clean the tank as well as I thought it did and it still had a machine oil taste to it, so I dumped the tank, gave it a nice long alcohol bath rinsed it out, and rebuilt it with 28g just cause I felt like it lol.

so now it is down to ~0.43ohms putting me right at the limit of two of my 3 batteries (3rd is a vtc5)

no real point in posting another picture as the build looks pretty much identical other than the wire being slightly thicker. But that 28g dual build really chooches out some vapor and flavor! nice thick billowing clouds :) so smooth and tasty. very flavorful.

I have contemplated going back to a single coil 26g build though as the batteries last longer and vapor comes in faster for longer on the battery. getting below 0.5ohms is great for clouds but in a dual setup takes a bit longer to heat the coils vs single coil setups (in my experience anyway) and I like rapid fire builds. all about that instant gratification :D

I have contemplated going back to a single coil 26g build though as the batteries last longer and vapor comes in faster for longer on the battery. getting below 0.5ohms is great for clouds but in a dual setup takes a bit longer to heat the coils vs single coil setups (in my experience anyway) and I like rapid fire builds. all about that instant gratification biggrin.png

Yeah that double barrel build is awesome but really sucks up that juice as well as battery life. I have since removed it and put in a 28 ga 1.5 ohm coil (trying it out as I am normally under 1 ohm). I'm quite surprised at the flavor and vapor production with this build in the Lemo. While I'm away from home and not having the ability to order more juice I have to stick to more traditional single coil builds to save my juice a bit. This is also one of the main reasons I was elated with the Lemo. It's a single coil style tank. I do like dual coil tanks but damn they are juice and battery hogs. When I get home I'm gonna buy the new Joytech Delta 2 (with the rebuild deck option) as well as the Lemo Drop. I'm super stoked that more single coil tanks are being made (I know there are more out there but these are simple and I love simple).

Edited by dragongunner

This is freakin hilarious. Listen to the music in the background.

Agreed... funny listening to a guy speak Japanese while jamming to what almost sounded like The Notorious B.I.G. He does make a clean double barrel coil though. His method is definitely different than mine but end result is the same.

Edited by dragongunner

• 4 weeks later...