*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

my design allows a bigger coil in the kfl,as we all know the kfl is limited on coil space,my coil is very tall and fits nicely in the kfl

wraping around something flat gives the coil a twist ....like a dna strand.

test pic

HeyWire20141202_173556_zpspcoz9ni0.jpg

Edited by igotit

I currently have a single piece of 24g with 2 vertical wraps at 6 wraps each. Came out right at 1ohm which is where I wanted it. Vapes pretty ok, good flavor and a decent cloud but a single sided build pulls too much air on the nimbus and I'm not getting the the throat hit I want. I'll probably build a second one for the other side and drop it down to .5

6cdadf10a79c6d6fdea5824a7d81daf9.jpg

Dual parallel 24g coming in at 0.12... Lowest build up to date and I don't dare testing lower. This thing is a freaking beast! Thanks for suggesting it!!!

How many wraps on what size bit?

I might try it in my V2 Stillare if I can get 4-24g wires thru the center post hole..lol

my second coil i built for my first rda i got on saturday. i have an APO rda clone on a stingray - x clone this coil comes to .9ohm's im only using 4 amp batteries at the moment should have some 30amp batteries today or tomorrow then il go a bit lower probably .
gallery_1932_269_18511.jpg
Edited by wagex

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is just a basic dual coil build, but it's my first one using Japanese organic cotton, so I thought I'd share the results.

gallery_15088_188_28671.jpg

The build deck of my Infinite CLT V1

The resistance is 1Ω, which is higher than I thought it would be when I was building it, but they're dual 7/6 28g Kanthal-A1 coils wrapped around a 3mm mandrel instead of my usual 2.5mm one...I wanted to make sure I could use a fatter piece of cotton for better wicking. Next time, I'll go with one less wrap per coil or a heavier gauge of Kanthal-A1.

Performance is phenomenal, even if the vapor is a little cooler than I would like to see. The Japanese organic cotton wicks really well, and is a lot easier to thread into the coils than the 3.5mm silica rope wick I've been using.

gallery_15088_188_50483.jpg

Ho Ho Ho!!!

Since I was messing around with the Japanese organic cotton today anyway, I figured I'd have a go with it on a Genesis hybrid.

I wrapped a 6/5 twisted 28g coil around a 2.5mm rod and ended up with a .9Ω coil, which I installed on the deck of a Rainbow Heaven Elite Hybrid V1. I then threaded it with Japanese organic cotton. The result was a fantastic vaping experience...wicking was superb.

Since the Elite has a tank that slides over the body of the RBA, it was easy to pass the cotton through the coil and wick hole by starting it through the top and pulling it down from underneath. The same can't be said for Youde's AGA-T2, AGI, AGA-S, or AGT (to name a few), since their glass tanks are sandwiched between the top and bottom decks and held in place by the positive post and nuts...it would be almost impossible to thread the cotton through the top and into the tank.

gallery_15088_188_27783.jpg

IMO, Japanese organic cotton would kick stainless steel mesh's @$$ in a bar fight!

@ Rixter...ya bro I was gonna say how the heck did you get the cotton down through the hole. This is the only reason I left gennies alone. Never could get the hang of doing it, but then again I was totally new at building. Perhaps one day I will give a gennie another shot.

Dual vertical using twisted 30g is my go to. Wrapped 8 times on a .75mm screwdriver comes out to around .75ohms. Just for laughs when I rebuilt this morning I also rebuilt an old t3s I had laying on my desk with the scrap. Came out to 1.4 and it vapes surprisingly well considering the amount of cotton I had to shove around it to prevent contact.

• 2 weeks later...

First build on the new Kayfun V4 clone...

and it even has a completely full tank in this picture! (tank/upper section on the left, build deck/airflow and juiceflow control/lower section on the right)

20150112_204635_zpsa55bfe09.jpg

simple 32g dual coil build with a single japanese cotton wick. Came out to 0.8ohms.

Edited by Mr Smith

Very nice build Mr. Smith. How does it vape?

On a side note I just built a double barrel coil on my Lemo. Wow so much room compared to this build on my 91%. I was able to easily cram a 9/10 wrap 26ga kanthal on a 5/64 mini screwdriver (deck holes were almost too small but the 2 strands did fit). It ohm'd out at .5. I will say this much......I loved the double barrel build on my 91% but with the extra airflow that the Lemo gives....OMG what a great vape. I'll post pics the next time I make it on the Lemo. If you have a Lemo you gotta try this build. You won't be disappointed.

DG

Well Comp I have a question..... I had a couple of experienced guys build a coil for it. 28 and 26 gauge Kanthal, they both had diferent views on cotton, how much where to put it, etc. Both were at about 1 ohm. They both did okay for a short while but started dry hitting. I finally made this one at 22 gauge, 3mm and Jap cotton, 0.5 Ohm. Been through quite a few tanks and works great.

The only problem is the flavor is different from the smaller gauge wire. Some are better and I can taste different additives than with the 0.5 OCC Kanger head. Can it be said that the larger gauge kills the flavor? Wondering if I should go with 26 gauge Nichrome.

Looks like a stellar build. Hows the performance

It's good as far as heat and cloud production but the flavor is a little lacking versus smaller gauge wire, see above post :up: