*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

So, I have this problem where I build a good coil and continuously think I can make one that out performs the previous, but then it ends up not being as good and then I can't seem to build the one that was really good anymore lol. lately I have been using dual 26 guage on my nimbus, nothing fancy, but seems to be my most consistant build. I read through these and see all kinds of different stuff (all of which I have tried). Long story shortened, I havent built anything with 24 guage or lower, is it worth a try or should I stick with the hundreds of feet of 28 and 26 guage I have.

edit: additionally: what have you guys noticed as far as how the height of the coil from the base effects the build? is it best to keep it as close to level with the air holes as possible, or low to the base?

Well I use either 24 or 28 gauge kanthal. I haven't tried 26. But I get tons of flavor off of the 24 gauge. When I build on my dual coil caterpillar rda I do a sleeper coil which is one continuous wire. It heats up much faster because its such a good connection. 5 wraps is my sweet spot for any of my rdas with 24 gauge kanthal. That low resistance though. Less wraps, more heat but less surface area. Just start out with 3 wraps, wick it and vape it. I keep the top of my coil even with the top of my post holes. Also when I wick it, I run a piece of cotton through the coil, wrap the small end under and pull it even with the other side. Then I cut it flush with the rda's edge, then wrap it under. I also push the cotton directly under the coil down to leave a space. If you fire this without the top cap you will notice the vapor shoots in all directions rather than 1. It seems to be enhance flavor and vapor.

Well I use either 24 or 28 gauge kanthal. I haven't tried 26. But I get tons of flavor off of the 24 gauge. When I build on my dual coil caterpillar rda I do a sleeper coil which is one continuous wire. It heats up much faster because its such a good connection. 5 wraps is my sweet spot for any of my rdas with 24 gauge kanthal. That low resistance though. Less wraps, more heat but less surface area. Just start out with 3 wraps, wick it and vape it. I keep the top of my coil even with the top of my post holes. Also when I wick it, I run a piece of cotton through the coil, wrap the small end under and pull it even with the other side. Then I cut it flush with the rda's edge, then wrap it under. I also push the cotton directly under the coil down to leave a space. If you fire this without the top cap you will notice the vapor shoots in all directions rather than 1. It seems to be enhance flavor and vapor.

I just built a coil using everything you wrote like instructions on how to build a lego car (very well described) it vapes a little warm so I have a hard time with deep hits but the flavor is really nice.

I just built a coil using everything you wrote like instructions on how to build a lego car (very well described) it vapes a little warm so I have a hard time with deep hits but the flavor is really nice.

Nice! The sleeper coil is hard to perfect. Here is one I did just now. 24 gauge, 6 wraps and using the same wicking method I described

5y6yvyqy.jpg

eru7uhaj.jpg

pazaduje.jpg

That was a 2 second pull

baby5yqa.jpg

Some good center post builds you guys are doing. A real "sleeper" coil has space between the wraps, and also one less wrap on one side if I remember correctly. RiP Trippers had a huge brain fart on that one, much like his pronunciation of UD as "yowd". LMAO. In actuality, these are just simple CP builds, with a single wire, making two coils. :P :D

I've watched the whole "sleeper coil" debate explode on the CCI page. That's part of the thing that bothers me about that page. Everyone is quick to bash and slow to educate. We are all working in this together trying to learn and progress.

I just recently learned what an actual Sleeper coil was. lol

On a lighter note, Nice build, Charles! Very tidy. :)

Looks like it is producing some nice and dense clouds, too. I hope you are enjoying the build.!

Edited by Bushwick

I've watched the whole "sleeper coil" debate explode on the CCI page. That's part of the thing that bothers me about that page. Everyone is quick to bash and slow to educate. We are all working in this together trying to learn and progress.

I just recently learned what an actual Sleeper coil was. lol

On a lighter note, Nice build, Charles! Very tidy. :)

Looks like it is producing some nice and dense clouds, too. I hope you are enjoying the build.!

I think the sleeper coil gets the most solid connection that's all I build now until my plume veil comes in ( t-shaped positive post)

First tried a single coil of 26g gplat wire but 9 wraps only came out to just below .3 and on the new ipv2 50 watt box mod that thing was sucking up the juice and was warmer than I wanted. So went with a dual clapton coil build at just below .5 ohm and set it to 40 watts. It blows clouds.

dxzntc.png