*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

^Those coils look VERY NICE, but may I suggest centering them over the air hole below. I found this improved performance 10 fold on mine. As low and centered got me LOTS of NICE vapor :)

I didn't take new pics since, but yeah I did recenter the coil since those pics were taken :D

Good tip though :)

I got some slag about not trimming my wire all the way up to the screws as well LOL.

my latest coil... just a simple one, but all I was going for was instant vapor production. not cloud chacing. just didn't like having to wait for my vapor to be produced lol..

Guy at the vape shop couldn't wrap his head around the concept I had and kept trying to talk me out of buying 32g wire saying oh 28g is the best blah blah blah 32g sucks blah blah lol...

latest build is 7.5 wraps of 32g @ 2mm size, 1.6ohm.

20140712_233941_zpsa56c93c5.jpg

20140712_232531_zpse64aa92a.jpg

that wick wasn't the final wick... I was taste testing about 5 different juices and using my kayfun like a dripper to figure out which juice I wanted to comit the freshly cleaned tank to... so I went through 5 scrap pieces of cottom as wicks figuring out which flavor was going in the tank, then made my final slightly longer wick.

Thing works exactly like I thought it would. instant vapor production the moment I push the button. absolutely no delay :D love it :D

Dude kept saying oh you should sub ohm and use mechanical....pssssh My buddy has the same kayfun, built a subohmed 28g coil and mine fired over 3x as fast every time lol. smaller wire may be more resistance, but smaller wire also heats quicker than larger wire. also cools quicker so it doesn't make the whole tank hot after taking a few vapes in a row vs the larger wire...

I've ran both 26g and 28g in this tank and by far like my 32g build the best. :)

Couple builds I did this evening. Been a while with the .20 gplat cloud chasing builds so I dropped those and went with a dual macro clapton build in the brass monkee rda and flip mod at .55 and a dual macro tiger coil build at .35 in the zenith v2 rda on anarchist mod. Should both be great flavor builds.

8wwowk.jpg

29xart4.jpg

My first attempt at a vertical coil build on my Russian 91% using 26ga kanthal. It came out to .7ohms. The build is easy enough but I'm still experimenting with the wicking.

20140715_080434_1.jpg

Edited by dragongunner

Here is my first attempt at the double barrel build on a Russian 91%/kayfun hybrid (parts from both) using 26ga kanthal and a 1/16 drill bit. I forget what it ohm'd at but it was under 1ohm. It was a tight fit but as you can see it did fit. For me this was a very difficult build as the space was cramped using 26ga kanthal. I'll try again to make it more clean in the future and probably use 28ga kanthal.

20140704_160108_1.jpg20140704_155958_1.jpg

Edited by dragongunner

I agree Bush! I don't really post much on there, or delve into the fray, but there's a few good friends on there and we've kinda gone into a splinter group to escape the trolling. That being said, CCI has their own products they sell that are decent. And you don't have to buy through FB.

I've gotten some good help through a few of the guys and gals there.

Dragon gunner I Dont know how you get those dual coils on the Russian, it amazes & frustrates me to no end, Lmao.

I've been trying since I saw you did & well it ain't happening here.

I did build dual coils on my magma down to .32 ohms w Moths help last night, but it was way too hot for me.

I went up to .4 and I'm good for now, but someday I'll get there. Not on my magma though.

Dragon gunner I Dont know how you get those dual coils on the Russian, it amazes & frustrates me to no end, Lmao.

I've been trying since I saw you did & well it ain't happening here.

I did build dual coils on my magma down to .32 ohms w Moths help last night, but it was way too hot for me.

I went up to .4 and I'm good for now, but someday I'll get there. Not on my magma though.

It probably took me about 30 min from start to finish. I have since done another and I found that using the side hole on the Russian deck for one side of the legs is a bit easier. In fact a few other builds I used that hole as well and it works out greatly. When installing each microcoil its important to keep the coils pinned against the screws and once both coils are in then sort of unravel the coil just enough to keep it off of the screws, and of course raising the coils off the deck. It takes a lot of playing with. Good luck. You will get it eventually. I do find that it is my favorite build thus far creating a nice warm vape with plumes of vapor.

On that note one thing that bothers me with my magma is the fact when I'm installing coils that have only 8/7 wrap. The post holes are so wide apart that if forces my coils apart. So I am learning to tweak the coil legs to adjust for this (this is not really a factor when I use 24ga kanthal as I have to use many more wraps.

stay.safe over there.

Thanks. Things are very dicey over here and we are constantly doing very dangerous high risk road missions. I've got another 10 days before I leave for home (nearly 5 months this go around).

7 wraps. 28 ga kanthal. Micro coil. Vaping on some Dr. Pepper 100% VG. Tastes great and its nice and cold like a cold glass of Dr. Pepper. Makes great vapor too. Loving it

Igo - w6 in the background built to .08 ohms with 24 ga kanthal

8yrumy8u.jpg

y2u9ypej.jpg

Vapor production. 4 second pull, stayed cold and perfect all the way through.

pamyhy9y.jpg

ruqe7uhu.jpg