*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

I wanted to start a thread for all us coil nuts to show off our builds. Feel free to post away. What have you built lately?

I will start this off with my latest build, the dual Nano Dragon coil. I set this vapor belcher up in my iGo-W. Using 28g wrapped around a drip needle tip, 14 wraps each. Saturated the wick with some Cherry Sucker juice and let her rip. She breathes!

Edited by Christopher
Images removed due to 3rd party bandwidth limit

Those are some nice builds. It relaxes me as well, but I usually only get about 30 minutes tops to tinker with coils. On my days off while my girls are at school is when I can take a half hour away from cleaning and laundry to watch vids and experiment. Ah the life of a single full-time daddy. :D

I've already shown these coil builds in other threads, but figured I should post them here as well.

28g twisted micro w/ cotton wick on my RSST. Have had this same coil for 3 weeks and it still performs like new.

TwistedRSST_zpsa6fa3df6.jpg

My first twisted 28g micro in the iGo-W. Didn't perform nearly as well as the tighter twisted one.

TwistedCoil_zps735e214a.jpg

TinMan coil built with ribbon wire. Flavor was great, but vapor production wasn't too good.

18ohmTinMan_zps2ef4c862.jpg

My next coil will have to be the Tricro coil, which consists of a micro coil in-between two nano coils. I will need to re-up on Kanthal though. Only have like 10" left. :/

• 2 weeks later...

Those are some sweet looking builds!! Got my 1st rebuildable the other day,its a smokteck rsst.had the guy at the store make the coil but cant wait to build it myself!!

Posted Image

Theres a nother store near me that does micro builds on the rsst so im probably gana buy another one and see how the micro coil does..

Nice build iMedic.

I have heard that the diamond and tricro coils are pretty mediocre, so I haven't wasted my time and wire on them. Maybe if I am really bored I will build one, but the dragons seem to work great for dripping. There is also the Tiger coil, which is flat ribbon twisted with round wire. These sub-ohmers are a wild and crazy bunch. Walking the line. :)

I definitely plan to try out a tiger coil this weekend once work is over for the holidays (only 8 more hours!!!) and then possible attempt a diamond coil. Maybe not though lol. Looks like there are too many inches of wire involved... Plus that would drop it by 1/4 of the actual ohm (not exactly but close enough) and I am way to cautious to go anywhere near .3 as a "safe" build just because I don't have enough of the safe chemistry batts that if one were to vent I wouldn't miss it. Lol!

Posted Image

You don't need crazy coils just to blow clouds. Simple dual coil build using one wire following Mike from Vapehappy's build. Cotton yarn kept clogging the air holes so I just stuck with cotton balls. I need to change the wicks I know ><. After cleaning and noaloxing my threads, it hits like a train on a chi-you clone.

I definitely plan to try out a tiger coil this weekend once work is over for the holidays (only 8 more hours!!!) and then possible attempt a diamond coil. Maybe not though lol. Looks like there are too many inches of wire involved... Plus that would drop it by 1/4 of the actual ohm (not exactly but close enough) and I am way to cautious to go anywhere near .3 as a "safe" build just because I don't have enough of the safe chemistry batts that if one were to vent I wouldn't miss it. Lol!

The Diamond is a 1.7ohm coil because it is 1 long wire.

You don't need crazy coils just to blow clouds. Simple dual coil build using one wire following Mike from Vapehappy's build. Cotton yarn kept clogging the air holes so I just stuck with cotton balls. I need to change the wicks I know ><. After cleaning and noaloxing my threads, it hits like a train on a chi-you clone.

I'm chasing flavor not clouds lol according to Rip Tripper in the video is was a nice coil for flavor. That is what caught my interest in it.

Edited by Compenstine

I'll be rebuilding my Fogger and my initial build on my KFL tonight, I'll try to get some pics up. I might rebuild my rsst and dripper as well. Depends how the first two go.

Edited by Proetus

The Diamond is a 1.7ohm coil because it is 1 long wire.

I'm chasing flavor not clouds lol according to Rip Tripper in the video is was a nice coil for flavor. That is what caught my interest in it.

I have respect for Rip. I love his reviews, but his coil builds...not so much. I get the same amount of flavor as I would a microcoil with the build I have. Having it down to .2 ohms brings the heat and spreading the coils out covers more surface area which allows more juice to get burned. I have no problem with flavor with the build I have.

1st time fun!! :-) i made this coil using 28 gage and 11 or 12 wraps on a paper clip..Posted ImagePosted Image

I added a small amount of cotton on top of it and basicly made it look like a factory wick..it came out to be a 1.3 litle monster,so far im lovin it!! Got it on 11 watts and doing fine. Aslo made this on my rsst.Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, first off, not a cloud chaser, and not mechanically inclined either, hence, why I'm not doing RBAs, but if SO wants to build RDAs for me to sample in, that's just fine, lol, but I doubt he'll do that, and I doubt I'll ask for that.

But what is the purpose of the twisted coil?

I actually did a bit of research last night on this. And am waiting on my roll of Kanthal to try it out. The theory is that the twisted coil will have a lower resistance than a single strand, the twisting of the wire allows the coil to wick juice from the wick material but a very small amount. They who have done it say it increases vapor production immensely and makes the vape warmer.All the gurus i read posts from said try it and youll love it. So what the heck gonna give it a go. Ill let ya know friday or saturday when it gets here.

u6arape5.jpg That my friends is a .4 ohm quad dragon coil build before I wicked it up.... It's freaking phenomenal!!!! I would highly recommend this build to anyone with the patience, the outcome is fantastic. I'm tasting my own orange dreamscicle on a totally different level. But beware you need a safe battery!!!!!!!!!

Posted ImageThat my friends is a .4 ohm quad dragon coil build before I wicked it up.... It's freaking phenomenal!!!! I would highly recommend this build to anyone with the patience, the outcome is fantastic. I'm tasting my own orange dreamscicle on a totally different level. But beware you need a safe battery!!!!!!!!!

I wish u had a close up of the coils...it sounds like a badass mo fo!!

I stopped by my buddy's vape bar the other day, and he asked me the same thing he always does, which is what crazy coil am I building at the moment. I told him about the Tiger Coil, twisting 28g and .8 ribbon wire together. He immediately grabbed the drill and twisted some up, lol. Dual tiger on an iGo-W at .2ohms, and it hits like a champ with awesome flavor. I need to order some ribbon and more 28g.