E-liquid

Jenna463

Absolutely. Analogs contain 4000 + chemicals, plus the act of inhaling the by product of a burning leaf into your lungs, and I think 400 of those chemicals are known carcinogens. In the US, the most addictive product in cigarettes isn't the nicotine, its the many myriad of chemicals they add to the tobacco during processing. I can't remember the forum name, but the latest thread is a video on how they process tobacco/make cigarettes. I think my post is the last one in the thread - at least, I don't think there are any more threads after that in that sub-forum.

http://psychcentral.com/library/depression_smoking.htm

http://www.statepress.com/archive/node/7194

These are just a couple of the articles that come up, when you specifically search for cigarettes and MAOIs. My guess is that is the the worst of the addicting agents in cigarettes. Some newer research has come out classifying nicotine in non-toxic amounts as no worse than caffeine (although it IS possible to OD on nicotine, you just have to inhale a heck of a lot of it - over 2 hours max for regular nicotine, over 4 hours for mentholated, as menthol halves the time that it takes your body to get rid of the nicotine for some reason.

Just less harmful than analogs. And there's no proof that you are exposed to any chemicals in amounts significant enough to cause cancer at this point in time (I think the last study said you'd have to vape an inhumane amount in in day - like not even possible - to cause a significant issue, even with your nicotine level - or spill a significant amount on your skin).

In the US, the most addictive product in cigarettes isn't the nicotine, its the many myriad of chemicals they add to the tobacco during processing.

These are just a couple of the articles that come up, when you specifically search for cigarettes and MAOIs. My guess is that is the the worst of the addicting agents in cigarettes.

Interesting you mention that...

I was a half pack to a pack a day smoker. I quit cold turkey years ago. The stress that drew me to smoking in the first place brought me back and went with vape instead.

I notice that when I crave a hit from my vape, despite using nicotine more heavily as a vape than I did in a cigarette, the craving is nowhere near as fierce as I remember my cigarette "nic fits" to be. To be honest, when I was on smoke, a nic fit would leave me completely miserable to be around, and not the least bit productive. Now, if my vape is dead or empty, it's still very unpleasant, but there isn't that mental "pain" (for lack of a better term), nowhere near as miserable. It's night and day. Nobody could convince me that nicotine itself is nearly as addictive as antis claim it is.

I love people's need to prove everything is 100 safe ...

I choked on a tortia chip last night, roommate had to do the hymelic (sp?). My tortia chips are clearly more dangerous than my vape.

We better get the word out to ban tortia chips, and anything that even looks like a tortia! It MAY have significant health hazards!

I smoked for 20+ years a pack to a pack & a half per day. I tried everything, Nicorette gum, lozenges, patches... nothing worked. I started vaping on 8/17 with a half pack left... I have not had an analog since the first vape on 8/17 and still have the half pack laying around here somewhere...

Good luck with the conversion to vaping... I hope that it works as well for you as it did with me! :jump:

Interesting you mention that...

I was a half pack to a pack a day smoker. I quit cold turkey years ago. The stress that drew me to smoking in the first place brought me back and went with vape instead.

I notice that when I crave a hit from my vape, despite using nicotine more heavily as a vape than I did in a cigarette, the craving is nowhere near as fierce as I remember my cigarette "nic fits" to be. To be honest, when I was on smoke, a nic fit would leave me completely miserable to be around, and not the least bit productive. Now, if my vape is dead or empty, it's still very unpleasant, but there isn't that mental "pain" (for lack of a better term), nowhere near as miserable. It's night and day. Nobody could convince me that nicotine itself is nearly as addictive as antis claim it is.

I love people's need to prove everything is 100 safe ...

I choked on a tortia chip last night, roommate had to do the hymelic (sp?). My tortia chips are clearly more dangerous than my vape.

We better get the word out to ban tortia chips, and anything that even looks like a tortia! It MAY have significant health hazards!

You are definitely right, at least to me, about tobacco nic fits being stronger. And I would smoke more, the more anxiety I had. Even though for the last couple years, we shared the packs, supposedly so we could control the rate we smoked, I,, for the most part, deterimined the rate we smoked, and hubby would frequently tell me to slow down. And heaven help if I was up multiple times durinng the night or woke up before hubby, because there was o limit to how much I smoked

Yep, this is the only situation where it's good to be a quitter :D

No kidding. People seemed to think that once I quit smoking, that was it, all gone, no problems. But no... even years after, there was that constant "I wish I had a cigarette". Long car ride, late night typing up something, TV, sex, dinner, after dinner, listening to my family fight - I wish I had a cigarette. FINALLY, I'm at a point where if somebody offered me cigarettes and said "Here, you can have these. Free, no complaints" I wouldn't want them.

I might sound like a broken record with it, but its night and day.

You know, now, even after these months after putting them down, I still get the urge - especially when I'm having taste issues, or the burn issues on my MVP - where I just want a cigarette. Despite knowing how they are made, what is in them, etc. But sometimes, just having said that, and hitting my e-cig, settles the urge.

Well, I will start this reply with a bummer. I quit smoking on Aug. 2 after 30 + years. On Nov. 4th, I was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. I just finished my first round of chemo this afternoon. I am still vaping -it's kind of like, why the hell not, at this point. I almost guarantee that, if it weren't for Ecigarettes, I probably would have returned to smoking on getting the bad news.

Anyway, yesterday I met with the radiation oncologist, and shared with him that I was vaping, and asked his opinion. He was quite blunt, and said the usual party line, they haven't been out long enough to truly know how harmful they may be or not be. But then he shared his opinion, that, from what he has studied over the years, he can see no evidence that nicotine, by itself, has any carcinogenic properties. He then added that, if it keeps me from smoking analogs, he has no problem with it.

Just his two cents worth.