Philip Morris And Ruyan...

Christopher

Holy crap.

(Infocast News) Ruyan Group (00329) said that an agreement between the Company and Philip Morris International Management S.A. could not be

reached on matters relating to the co-operation between them on its "electronic cigarettes" by the end of the first and exclusive

phase of negotiations.

Ruyan said it will continue to negotiate with Philip Morris on the proposed transaction and the company will commence discussions and negotiations on

similar collaborations with other tobacco manufacturers.

The irony behind this is just short of amazing. For those of you who don't know Ruyan created the electronic cigarette and holds most of the patents.

More here: http://www.quamnet.com/newscontent.action?articleId=1262167

Chris, when I click on the link you provided, there actually is no more info, you got it all. But, I have always wondered, how come big tobacco HASNT jumped on this bandwagon, it helps clean up thier image and would be VERY profitable for them. Any ideas

But I thought I read somewhere that either Phillip Morris or RJ Reynolds was already experimenting with some kind of electronic cigarette back in the 80's? But, it fell through. Could you imagine how big an e-cig would have been back then. Probably using a 2 lb NiCad battery! LOL

this could go a number of ways...

1. phillip morris could buy out ruyan's e-cigs and...

A. make them legal

B. drive the price way up

C. make them illegal (for some stupid reason)

2. Ruyan doesnt sell out and big tobacco becomes the force behind making e-cigs illegal

3. (the worst part) big tobacco wins and we all have to buy new gear cuz everything we have now is no longer produced.

maybe im being paranoid, but i dont see this going well if big tobacco gets involved