?general lifespan of a kanger evod/protank coil head

whats the lifespan of a real kanger coil (not a chinese knockoff) for protanks and evods? thanks! Much appreciated for your comments. Ya'll are AWESOME! :-) I love VaporTalk!!! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I use my pro 2 tank every day and I'm a chain vaper. Like Jeff, I get about 2 weeks and starts tasting burnt then I'm rebuild it. So far 1 week on the last rebuild and still going strong. I only had one issue I couldn't really fix and that was the rubber grommet failing and cutting off the air flow. I always like having a few extras on hand for when I don't have time for a rebuild.

I mix it up a lot and keep 5-6 KPT 2s in rotation and generally I end up changing the coil about every 6-7 tankfuls. Hard to quantify that in a number of days since sometimes I will vape one flavor for two days and sometimes I switch 5-6 times.

I am sure they would last longer but as cheap as they are I change as soon as the flavor no longer tastes "fresh" if that makes sense. I then soak and clean the old ones and toss them in a glass for hard times lol. Probably a couple hundred in the glass now it's almost full.

I mix it up a lot and keep 5-6 KPT 2s in rotation and generally I end up changing the coil about every 6-7 tankfuls. Hard to quantify that in a number of days since sometimes I will vape one flavor for two days and sometimes I switch 5-6 times.

I am sure they would last longer but as cheap as they are I change as soon as the flavor no longer tastes "fresh" if that makes sense. I then soak and clean the old ones and toss them in a glass for hard times lol. Probably a couple hundred in the glass now it's almost full.

Well if hard times hit you are definitely ready. :yes

Mine last about 1 week but I also chain vape and run my volts/watts high alot so it tends to burn them up a little quicker.

I've also been known to run high wattage. I've also been known to recycle coils, clean them from when I change juices in a tank and save them for the next time I need a coil, but those go pretty quickly. Basically, I use them until the juice tastes burned regardless of setting, or if I'm having trouble with the draw.

Except, since the seizure Thursday, I've been having some juices start out tasting fine (and this started immediately after the seizure, so I know it's seizure related), and then start tasting burned, even at 6 watts. Or even when I'm using my eGo stick battery. So I know it's time to put that flavor up for a while. At first my neuro didn't believe me - I saw him yesterday - but more on that in my Rant thread about the seizures themselves.

I've had em burn out in days and some more tha. A month, heavy vg juices tend to have wicking problems and burn out quicker

I had one - it may have been a knock off Evod, I'm not sure - that quite literally, the second time I filled the tank (and I was only filling that tank 1/2 way) the coil went out, when I filled it! Come to think of it, where I bought it, it shouldn't have been a knock off. Then again, I've been surprised before. Went to the newest B&M in my area, and assumed from what they were charging for coils they were real Kanger coils, and then when I get them home and look in the bag, they are in a generic WHITE box that says Clear Cartomizer Coil Unit on one side, and has a selection choice of Kanger E-vod or Kanger Mini-T3 on it. I just used the first one from that box yesterday, but I may not keep the juice in that tank. It was hard to take in the beginning unless I mixed it with something, and I thought since I got more attracted to tobacco flavors now it would be easier to take, but no.