Bump when you get something in vape mail.

Tam

My pleasure!  They really do beg one to latch on and have a vape. 

That they do! I highly suggest getting one. And it's not bad deal $135 for an authentic that can run 18650 and 20700 batteries.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Got my Hohm Tech Hohm Slice 26650 today.
This thing is awesome!
Temperature Control mode with Kanthal is sweet. I've tested it with 3 different tanks and coil configurations from 0.25 up to 0.5 ohm and it works flawless once you get the custom curves dialed in.222291536862fc7d44284a6d6d7734e4.jpg27b054b8b7400823faa7b6cc7275447f.jpg72d4052880de5932715d081d408eee23.jpge4710bd4788fb0986ddb2031026fcd30.jpg

Sent from a galaxy far far away

Looks like a real nice device!  Are you really using TC on Kanthal? 

Walt,
Yes, I am really using TC on Kanthal.
I've tried 3 different tanks (SMOK) all with Kanthal coils.
Works great, that is one of their big advertising statements, "TC with any wire".
It uses a removable battery but also has USB fast charging capabilities.

That is interesting.  I've grown real accustom to using all my RTA's on TC.  Wonderful vape experience.  Now and again, I will pop an RDA on a wattage just to get a monster cloud vape. 

That is interesting.  I've grown real accustom to using all my RTA's on TC.  Wonderful vape experience.  Now and again, I will pop an RDA on a wattage just to get a monster cloud vape. 

I'm kinda new to all this but I just tried 3 different RDAs and in TC mode all 3 throw a "Damaged Atomizer" message.
They all work fine if I switch to Watt mode.
Is they the way it is supposed to work?

@gadgetI watched a video made by the owner of Hohm on the slice and he mentioned highly recommending only using premade coils.  Now not being privy to the design specifics of the mod, I don't really know what all is involved.  I would guess however that the device is doing some very fine, high resolution monitoring of the atty resistance.  Could be that the RDA's are varying resistance at rates that are not anticipated by the firmware.  Kanthal's change of resistance is very minimal over the used temperature spectrum.  A lot of RBA's are just not built to electrical specifications that the slice can deal with if this is the case.  Variations of posts, grub screws, etc., or basically everything in the electrical circuit would be a factor.  I know the responses from my RTA's vary a little even with SS builds and SS varies greatly with temperature changes.  Mods have not gotten sophisticated enough to monitor actual chamber, or coil temperature to the best of my knowledge.  They all rely on resistance vs temperature coefficients. 

It came Monday.  I ran a set of batteries through it.  Set it up.  Uploaded a wallpaper I found with Google.  It has sat since then.  I just look at it.  Seems to nice to "just" use.  I wish I was still with the Big Band where we did a lot of shows in fancy dancy venues and wore a tux.  Then I would feel like it fit right in. 

Also the wallpaper.....

G Class Small.jpg

Wallpaper Square.jpg

Edited by Walt

Thanks@walt
That makes sense, I watched that video as well.
They all work fine in Watt mode so I'm not concerned about it. I normally use them on my mech mods but just wanted to try them out.

Another thing I noticed, I purchased it with 2 of their batteries. When I got it today I was using it with an efest 26650 battery. When that went dead I put in one of the new batteries and I had to re-adjust everything. It was too hot/warm for my taste.
I'm sure that is due to the difference in the batteries.

2 minutes ago, gadget said:

Thanks@walt
That makes sense, I watched that video as well.
They all work fine in Watt mode so I'm not concerned about it. I normally use them on my mech mods but just wanted to try them out.

Another thing I noticed, I purchased it with 2 of their batteries. When I got it today I was using it with an efest 26650 battery. When that went dead I put in one of the new batteries and I had to re-adjust everything. It was too hot/warm for my taste.
I'm sure that is due to the difference in the batteries.

I'm quite sure that is one finely tuned device.  I'm sure you will find variances like that.  And yes, I'm sure it will work fine in wattage mode with most anything you throw at it.  It really is a quite amazing device. 

I hate to admit it but my SMOK Skyhook has been my daily device as well as my favorite.
But I think I just replaced it with this one. [emoji41]

And I have to agree with you@Walt, TC mode is really nice.

1 minute ago, gadget said:

I hate to admit it but my SMOK Skyhook has been my daily device as well as my favorite.
But I think I just replaced it with this one. emoji41.png

And I have to agree with you@Walt, TC mode is really nice.

It took me awhile to find a device that did TC well and also took me a bit of time to get used to it.  I think wattage mode better mirrored my smoking experience.  I would draw until things got hot and abrasive.  It took a little getting used to a consistent draw and being able to draw as long as I like.  The trigger for a lot of vapor in the lungs is different too.  I have really come to enjoy the experience.  Very relaxing.  

It took me awhile to find a device that did TC well and also took me a bit of time to get used to it...
I have really come to enjoy the experience.  Very relaxing.  

I'm definitely liking TC mode, it's a nice even vape throughout the entire draw.

Another thing this device has is fast charge capabilities.
I normally don't charge my removable batteries inside the device but curiosity got the best of me [emoji41]

My battery was at 19% and I plugged it in, 1.5 hours later and it was fully charged.
Hohm Tech battery
26650 - 4307 mAh

20 minutes ago, gadget said:

I'm definitely liking TC mode, it's a nice even vape throughout the entire draw.

Another thing this device has is fast charge capabilities.
I normally don't charge my removable batteries inside the device but curiosity got the best of me emoji41.png

My battery was at 19% and I plugged it in, 1.5 hours later and it was fully charged.
Hohm Tech battery
26650 - 4307 mAh

That is impressive.  Pretty amazing device!

It came Monday.  I ran a set of batteries through it.  Set it up.  Uploaded a wallpaper I found with Google.  It has sat since then.  I just look at it.  Seems to nice to "just" use.  I wish I was still with the Big Band where we did a lot of shows in fancy dancy venues and wore a tux.  Then I would feel like it fit right in. 

Also the wallpaper.....
5955ba8b81426_GClassSmall.thumb.jpg.2dd70263530ba3aafc00a19252530985.jpg
5955baab7311e_WallpaperSquare.thumb.jpg.87ece416bb3e6839d171008eb169fa31.jpg
@walt
Waltpaper [emoji41]
ee54665b8f992a32d05354137690a1df.jpg

[mention=40616]gadget[/mention]I watched a video made by the owner of Hohm on the slice and he mentioned highly recommending only using premade coils.  Now not being privy to the design specifics of the mod, I don't really know what all is involved.  I would guess however that the device is doing some very fine, high resolution monitoring of the atty resistance.  Could be that the RDA's are varying resistance at rates that are not anticipated by the firmware.  Kanthal's change of resistance is very minimal over the used temperature spectrum.  A lot of RBA's are just not built to electrical specifications that the slice can deal with if this is the case.  Variations of posts, grub screws, etc., or basically everything in the electrical circuit would be a factor.  I know the responses from my RTA's vary a little even with SS builds and SS varies greatly with temperature changes. 

Problem solved!
I decided to try from scratch so I built a new coil, installed it on the Hohm Slice and got the same "Damaged Atomizer" message.
Switched to Watt mode and all was good. Then for the heck of it I switched to TC mode and it worked great.
I don't the same with the other 3 that previously threw the error and they all worked as well.3c9e9c48fa734696ce32b50ab49b49be.jpg3c23a7e57bae6dc7bd1063ce41cee9e9.jpge6a01b13cbd8d3aeccfba6a41df0394e.jpg

@gadget  That is different.  Reminds me a little of my Yihi mods.  When I put on a new atty they will give me an error message basically stating the atty is unacceptable.  I don't remember the exact verbiage.  I found a thread that recommended forcing a new resistance read.  That works every time.  One thing that seems to be universal in this industry is that a lot is left for the user to discover, lol.  Really glad you found that.  I am very interested in watching Hohm and seeing how their technology effects the market.  I would love to take advantage of the added resistance of Kanthal in so many builds and be able to use TC.  I saw one ad by Sigelli stating one of their mods will do TC with Kanthal, but of course Segelli makes a lot of claims that are simply false.  I think Hohm has the corner on this market. 

Edited by Walt

@walt, I guess now I need to buy some wire that will allow me to use TC mode in my Skyhook. The only thing I have now is Kanthal.

What would you recommend?

I use stainless.  316L is the most common.  Heats and cools a little slower than Kanthal.  Obviously a lot less resistance which is the challenge using it.  My Alien does pretty good with SS.  Puts out a very nice vape in TC.  I'm sure the Skhook would do the same. 

Ok, so I've read endless chatter about these things so I tried one.  I'm pretty impressed.  It might mute the flavor just a sliver in comparison to say the Serpent SMM but I haven't vaped it much yet.  It is quite the performer especially considering it is top airflow.  Put a quick and dirty 7 wrap, SS26, 3.5mm coil set in it and vaping on TC.  Good fog, good flavor, easy build.  Not much to complain about.  Looks perdy matchy matchy sexy on the mini to boot. 

engine.jpg