Bump when you get something in vape mail.

Tam

15 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

Just checked my manual... "Auto sensing Ni or Ti wire..."  It also auto suggests proper joules based on temp selected, and allows manual TC mode as well.  Sorry, no SS mode :( 

Auto sensing?  That is cool!  I may just have to grab a couple.  I really like the Ti wire.  It is a bit springy but is easier to work with than Ni200.

Today I got my order from Sweet Vapes, a Kanger 120w TC mod and 2 LG HG2 batteries to power it. It has 4 TC modes, Ni, Ti, SUS, and NiCr, besides watt mode. I believe the SS mode is set to a 304 SS curve, I use 316L SS and the TC is off in SUS mode. I get a very good vape at 375f which according to steam will heat a 316L coil to about 425f using a 304 curve, I will have to do more research to know more, like checking coil temp with a IR temp sensor. But for now I'll just use the setting that works for me. Also set at 375f a dry cotton wick will barely start to singe.

The curves are how the resistance of the coil changes when it changes temperature. The hotter the coil the more resistance it has, that's how TC works is what I'm told. The mod senses the resistance change and uses that to regulate the temp. I'm not even close to being a rocket scientist, but I did stay at a Holiday inn once. 

2 hours ago, FXRich said:

That's the resistance at room temp but the resistance does change with heat check out steam engine they can do a better job of explaining it than me. They also have charts and graphs and other things.

http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp

Oh hell no I dont understand all that stuff way too complicated for me

Today, I received 4 packs of Horizontal SubTank coils from Sweet-Vapes (I think they taste better, and they're so easy to re-wick to make them last longer), as well as two ST RBA's (one original, one plus), and something interesting...  They had Pyrex ST Bell Caps (with frosted drip-tip) for $5 on sale, and ST air-flow bases for $7, so now I have an all-Pyrex SubTank for 1/3 the price of a "real" SubTank Mini :D I think it looks kinda sweet on my Cloupor Mini! 

I'll probably only use this at the house, for fear of dropping/breaking it, but it looks really good...  Next time I order from S-V, I may pick up a couple more caps and bases... the Bell Cap only has option for SS connection, but I think it would still look good with a black base?

2016-01-16%2011.39.21_zpsq0teqdzc.jpg

31 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

Today, I received 4 packs of Horizontal SubTank coils from Sweet-Vapes (I think they taste better, and they're so easy to re-wick to make them last longer), as well as two ST RBA's (one original, one plus), and something interesting...  They had Pyrex ST Bell Caps (with frosted drip-tip) for $5 on sale, and ST air-flow bases for $7, so now I have an all-Pyrex SubTank for 1/3 the price of a "real" SubTank Mini :D I think it looks kinda sweet on my Cloupor Mini! 

I'll probably only use this at the house, for fear of dropping/breaking it, but it looks really good...  Next time I order from S-V, I may pick up a couple more caps and bases... the Bell Cap only has option for SS connection, but I think it would still look good with a black base?

2016-01-16%2011.39.21_zpsq0teqdzc.jpg

I bought the same bell cap for my Subtank mini and it is a pretty cool cap. It's very easy to refill because once you thread the metal insert onto the Subtank's base, you can just pop the glass tank off to refill it. Definitely not pocket friendly, though.

6 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

Today, I received 4 packs of Horizontal SubTank coils from Sweet-Vapes (I think they taste better,.......:D

I thought I was imagining this.  I also think the horizontal coils taste better...   I dont use anuthing but the RBAs bit my wife prefers the pre made coils and I swear they taste better....

Today, I received 4 packs of Horizontal SubTank coils from Sweet-Vapes (I think they taste better,.......[emoji3]

I thought I was imagining this.  I also think the horizontal coils taste better...   I dont use anuthing but the RBAs bit my wife prefers the pre made coils and I swear they taste better....

Nope, not your imagination... Taste is better on the horizontal coils... [emoji3]

I agree as well, the horizontal coils have better taste. You can improve the taste from the vertical coils though, at least from my perspective. I take a pin or needle and pluck the cotton out into the juice holes just a bit, it seems to help. I think the cotton is too tight in the vertical coils and doesn't wick as well.

3 hours ago, Squid said:

I agree as well, the horizontal coils have better taste. You can improve the taste from the vertical coils though, at least from my perspective. I take a pin or needle and pluck the cotton out into the juice holes just a bit, it seems to help. I think the cotton is too tight in the vertical coils and doesn't wick as well.

Exactly.  Cotton too tight.  Seems "ok" with my wife's 50/50 blend but the horizontals just soak up more.

More VapeMail today!

Today's arrival from 101Vape:

• Six LG HE2 18650's (Battery blow-out deal - $7/pr... I should have bought a few more at those prices?)
  • Six AA/AAA battery boxes ($0.99/each, so I can organize my loose batteries and my rechargeable AA/AAA's)
  • 50 Kanger BDC 1.2 Ohm ($3.99/box, upgraded OCC) coils for my Aerotanks and KPT3-minis
  • Three Kayfun Bell Caps ($1.99/each, because they were cheaper than replacement acrylic center rings)
  • One DOD Stainless drip-tip ($3.49, just to try it out)... it's similar to the ones shipped with Orchids
  • One black Sigelei Vr2 50W Mod ($19.99 on clearance, bought for the SO... she thought it was "pretty", lol)

From 101Vape back-order:

• My Orange Cloupor Mini Plus finally arrived on Friday last week....  Now I have three (blue, black, and orange)! :D

My thoughts on the Sigelei... this thing is bulky, even compared to my IPV-minis, and the "box" design is just not nearly as comfortable as my Cloupor Minis (because it is HUGE compared to them).  I'm also not thrilled about the silicone cover either... it's thin, and white, which ruins the look of the MOD, IMO... why can't they send black?  The MOD itself, looks good, and works as it should, but not exactly my cup-o-tea, and not exactly sure the SO will really like it due to size?  If nothing else, it's a good spare, $20 50W mod, and should be another reliable addition to the collection ;)

Edited by Earthling789

Today's snow-covered mail contained my package from VapeNW :D

• One Wismec Presa 75W TC Mod in black ($29.99)
  • One Original Nautilus with bonus spare glass ($19.99) - bought for the SO... she loves them
  • Two Packages of Kanger Ni200 SSOCC coils ($10.99/each)
  • Three Efest-logo 3-battery zipper cases ($1.99/each) - great for carrying batteries, accessories, juice, tanks, etc.... small MODs like a Cloupor Mini and an Aerotank fit perfectly, with room to spare for an extra coil :)
  • One Palm Pearl 4000mAH power bank with built-in cables ($9.99 on clearance) - always in need of spare power for my phone, lol

I've yet to really handle anything because I'm waiting for them to reach room temp before opening any packages, to reduce condensation, especially on the MOD and Palm Pearl.

12 minutes ago, GRLSNGR said:

I ABSOLUTELY love it!!  I had no idea a tank could make so much difference!  My vape juice flavor really comes through!!

I loved the Triton V1, after I got a new tank for it... the original would lock-up juice-flow :(  The V2 Triton is better IMO because of the abitlity to take it apart and replace the glass if it breaks, lol...  The only complaints I have on the whole system is the coils don't last nearly as long as I feel they should, and the top-cap threading on some of them is sub-par.  Fortunately, the top-cap on mine is pristine, but the coils sometimes don't last more than 4-5 tankfuls before they get too tight to draw or lose flavor... some go 10 tanks... so there is no consistency :(

I finally got my Fishbone + RDA from China yesterday. I guess a month in transit for a sub-$20 RDA that performs as well as this one does ain't too bad. Right now I'm vaping Wastegate by Boosted (Raspberry Cheesecake and Vanilla Ice Cream) and it absolutely tastes more intense now than it ever has. The Fishbone + has a triple-helix airflow design that provides exceptionally smooth pulls for a direct-lunger, too.

20160122_171017_DCE.jpg.209e0bb78b1c808b

It's nice to be able to see inside my dripper.

20160122_170631_DCE.jpg.6ed410796cb3a9f7

I built it with a single .16Ω 2.5mm Ni200 horizontal coil between it's Velocity-styled posts.

Edited by Rixter

Received my six boxes of 1.2 Ohm horizontal SubTank OCC coils ($4.89/each) and Kanger SubTank Mini Kit in white ($34) from GearBest today... Shipped from US warehouse in NY, and still made it in 2-days despite the snow!

2016-01-28%2012.23.49_zpsjkkrzpo2.jpg

And, here's some pics of my previous hauls... Sigelei Vr2 50W and Nautilus for the SO, and my Wismec 75W-TC (with black Subtank Mini)

2016-01-22%2022.02.32_zpsjc6akj3s.jpg

2016-01-28%2012.26.35_zpsjhtoezv8.jpg