ALL THE GUYS

As you know , I have had a bit of trouble getting my husband into the vaping scene and now hes vaping daily and not smoking (yay!) But has commented that he is still having a hard time with it and "wants" a ciggarete. Wel that just isnt an option now but I want him to be comfortable and satisfied So he comes home today and tells me about his friends GIANT ecig and camel juice and said that would be perfect for him . Im thinking his friend has some kind of mod by the description my husband gave and I want to get him one . He said the mouth piece" bends " Oh and he nic level his friend has is "30 something" (OMFG!) I think Ill take him with me to pick out some juice .well start with 18 and see if thats ok

SO if your wife /girlfriend went out and surprised you with a mod-would you like it to be a COMPLETE surprise or would you want to be in on it so you can have some input ?

What Bebop said. If he is still craving a cigarette he should start on 24mg. I am almost 6 months tobacco free and just in the last month or so made the switch down to 18. My wife still is on the 24mg without even a thought of moving down. It's a tough road may as well make it easier.

I bet the nicotine level of the friends liquid has more to do with why he likes it than the appliance itself.

I admit it, I still get a craving for a cigarette - usually during high stress times, or times that would seem perfect for one. But it's NOT a physical craving for me, it's a mental craving. The first two weeks, I kept dum dum suckers around the house, for when I felt it was too soon to hit the vaporizer again, but I needed that hand motion.

But it's still early days yet, for your hubby, and nicotine isn't the worst of the addictive substances in analogs. They also contain MAOI's, which big tobacco KNEW would keep people hooked, from the time they started adding them. That's why, I think, the first few weeks are so hard. We aren't withdrawing from nicotine, we are withdrawing from the MAOI's (which I still can't believe the FDA let them get away with).

IMO, the reason why e-cigs work better than the traditional nicotine replacement therapies is because it addresses the physical need to be doing the act of "smoking", whereas the patch, the gum, the lozenges don't.

Chantix, and the other prescription med, I can't remember the name of it because I couldn't take it because it could cause seizures, I believe take care, in some way, of the other chemical withdrawal, but don't address the nicotine withdrawal, or of course, the physical sensation of picking up a cigarette and smoking on it. As a matter of fact, when you get the ear acupuncture, they make sure you leave any cigarettes that you may have left over with them, because while your body is temporarily tricked into not wanting the nicotine, supposedly, it's second nature to reach for that cigarette. At one point in time, the acupuncture in our area claimed an 80% success rate, with free follow up visits if you relapsed, but I don't know how true that is, or is anymore.