Davide is....possessed? Bottom ring locked up? It hates me?

Okay, I truly think this ONE Davide I have is not the best representation of the lot, I'm sure of it. I'm willing to try another one, to see if it, too, is possessed. Or at least a mini.

Awhile ago, I posted that post seizure-gate September 2013, for a week or two, I was able to vape from my Davide and I didn't feel like it wasn't right to me, that it was pulling too much air. Even though I was also using PT2s, which have a tighter draw, as well, I never really noticed the difference in draws, I guess it was because it was still scrambled.

Well, at some point in time I did figure out that it was waaaay to airy, and the tank was almost empty at that time anyway. I tried changing the coil, didn't work. So I set it aside. Still had SOME juice in it. That maybe have been, oh, two weeks ago, maybe three? I can't keep track of the vaping days after my seizure when I vaped what so well.

Anyway, the other day when I was making the post about mini pro tank 2 or mini Davide 2, I decided what the heck, and threw another coil into the Davide, and hey, it worked. So yesterday morning I decided to take it apart, clean it out, and when hubby got back home with my RY4 variant, fill it up. Well, friction had other plans for me, evidently. I guess the last time to put back together, I put it back together too well, evidently. I got the bottom and the coil off fine. The bottom ring holding the whole thing together? Wouldn't budge. Tried to get hubby to take two minutes (yeah, he was in a massive hurry) to try to open it up, he couldn't, or couldn't take enough time to properly try, but he couldn't get to open.

So I go to the sink, dump the contents out, rinse out the coil, wash the base, and run the stupid ring under hot water for 5 minutes and it still - wont - budge. So ended up putting into a container of what started out as really hot water for a few hours. Cleaned out the inside of the Davide, but the ring still won't move. I figured, to heck with it, the inside's clean, I have my Holy Grail RY4, so I partially fill it, instead of using the previous wick I had just put in there the day before, I used the essentially brand new week I had just put into the pro tank mini with the Holy Grail Friday.

Wasn't having problems with that coil/wick prior to putting it into the Davide, but the Davide evidently didn't like it, started pulling airy, didn't have any oomph, any, anything, so I changed the coil/wick, and voila, it was as good as new!.

My whole issue - other than the fact that my Davide is evidently possessed or something, is how the frak to get that ring off to take the Davide apart? I mean, eventually, I AM going to need to take apart other than taking a drip tip off or taking the base/coil assembly off. I don't see how I could have possibly tightened it down so much that I couldn't unscrew it. Yes, my left hand is messed up, but it's recovering now and only the tip of the pinky is affected.....I was able to open a jar of applesauce my son couldn't so I don't think my hand is the problem. Yeah, I probably SHOULDN'T have filled it until I managed to get the darned ring off, but I wanted the Holy Grail in a bigger tank, and that was the only EMPTY big tank, lol.

So, any thoughts on this stuck ring?

-Remember when I posted that I tightened it down and squished the o ring ? sound like you did too. lol

I broke the glass and when I replaced it I just put 2 grooming bands (for dog bows ) where the o ring would go -

piece o cake !

-Remember when I posted that I tightened it down and squished the o ring ? sound like you did too. lol

I broke the glass and when I replaced it I just put 2 grooming bands (for dog bows ) where the o ring would go -

piece o cake !

I THINK what I'll do is transfer the contents of that Davide into another tank, and when we go to Better Vapes, see if they can open it, and then see if I need a new o-ring - although I could just vape everything out of it - pretty sure I have two tanks left in the source bottle, but it's hard to tell, since I fill with the eye dropper thing that came on the bottle, and well, that Davide takes SEVERAL droppers-full to fill, or rather, get close to filling it, although I get closer to filling it since I have the eye dropper rather than having to tilt the bottle so much.

Well, when hubby ran me out to Better Vapes Saturday, Ii had them open the bittom ring. O-ring seemed just fine, I just haven't put juice in it because I have so few juices that seem vapable to me now, though tomorrow, I may try amother that is vapable on and off, with many days apart on when its vapable. Then again, I may empty one or two Evods that really havenT hit the spot since I'd say the day zI tried them at the shop. There is only one shop that has sleeves that don't really alter the flavor of the juice, but that's tge expensive shop. Heck, I may go in there just to taste juices and steal some of those sleeves. I know, I'm horrible. Anyway, they opened it no poblem.