Is the joyetech/ovale evic still a good device?

richj

Hello everyone,

I'm still relatively new to vaping and would like to soon upgrade from my ego-c twist. This review made the device seem pretty awesome: http://www.smokefreesource.com/joyetech-evic-review/

But of course, why wouldn't it? So i'm asking people who have owned the evic to give me some good or bad personal experiences. I also noticed that the evic is a pretty old device, i'm afraid that it'll become obsolete too soon.

With that being said, any recommendations for a variable voltage device that is in the same price range and possibly newer/better?

help a new vaper out! THANKS

According to my local B&M, there will be a new version of the Evic coming out sometime this December. If you're thinking about getting one you might want to wait for the newer version.

That said, I just bought an Evic and...it's okay. I'm still learning about it so I'm not much help. Others here who are more experienced with them should chime in shortly. :)

ahh thank you Tameiki, regardless. Would love to wait for the v2 but im not sure i can wait that long :P

Yeah, I'm with you there, which is why I wound up buying this one just last week. I'm still learning what voltage/wattage is needed to get the perfect vape. Tinkering around with it to learn is also half the fun, though. :)

I like mine. I haven't the need for all the bells and whistles, but it's a solid device. No problems with it. If you can get it for a good deal, go for it. It's my first VV/VW, so I have no experience with other mods. Have heard good things about the Vamo. I got my eVic because it has VW, a resistance checker, and a micro usb to charge the battery.

Edited by 3Rutez

Great unit, I use mine almost daily, just don't drop it, the head plastic and I've seen a lot of cracked and some broke into pieces. Great precise adjustments, good batt life, and lots of bells.

I like my Tesla better tho IMO

I bought an Ovale eVic V1 when they first came out last December. It is my favorite apv as opposed to a Sigelei Zmax and a recently acquired Vamo. Those are just the devices I currently use. The V1's all had an issue with control head separation from the body of the device but I fixed mine permanently with epoxy. The units sold today don't have that issue unless they're very old stock.

The Vamo is also a good device but doesn't have all of the features of the eVic. One of those features that I find to be important is the more finely grained adjustability of the voltage or wattage. You can adjust the device in .1 increments vs .5 increments with most other VV/VW devices. It makes dialing into the really sweet spot possible. The Vamo +/- buttons also make it really easy to accidentally change settings without realizing it.

I still like my Vamo but it's not as versatile as my eVic. As for fragility - I'm not in the habit of slamming any electronic device around so while other devices might be arguably more sturdy that is not an issue for me. If you intend to haul it around on a construction site then ymmv.