Men are deep thinkers.....

What deep thinkers men are. I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer. The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.

My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing and I said 'nothing'. The reason I said that instead of saying 'just thinking' is because she would have said 'about what'. At that point I would have to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics which would lead to other questions.

Finally I thought about an age old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts? Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts.

Well, after another beer, and some heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with the answer to that question. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby; and here is the reason for my conclusion. A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child." On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

I rest my case.

Time for another beer.

i don't know if your logic holds true for all men and that is my deduction from watching a guy on America's Got Talent. His talent was getting kicked and hit with baseball bats and various objects in his nuts. He even had Howard Stern slam him. They both seemed to enjoy it. Then some of his friends joined in on the fun and it was like watching a new sport of Nut kicking. And the judges put him through several rounds.

I guess there is that Sadistic lot in your man tribe.

As for the pain of childbirth most women get through it just knowing all the joy that baby is going to bring into their life and you know you got to get that baby out so your body can go back to normal.

I think both male and female can be equally deep thinkers we might go about it a little differently is all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That, Troy, is because mother nature put a very valuable asset into our brains when it comes to "memories" of giving birth. You don't REALLY remember what it felt like. I mean, yeah, you remember that it hurt like the dickens, and you were screaming for drugs, but seriously, I was being induced with my second one 2 years and 4 days after giving birth to my first one, and I didn't remember what a contraction felt like. Oh yeah, sure, by say, noon that day, I sure as heck remembered, and by 2 I was getting an epidural (I thank medical science for epidurals). I remember before I really even started feeling them, mom was with us, and we were talking, and she was looking at the monitor, and she looked back at me, and she was like, "Didn't you feel that?" I said, "Just a little bit, why?" She said, "That was a HUGE one."

Now, I can tell you darn near everything that happened the 13 hours I was in labor with my first one, and the 9 hours or so I was in labor with my second one, I can tell you it hurt like an SOB, I can tell you that after a certain point after my epidural I started having pain again and sorta where, but I can't tell you what on earth it actually felt like, pain wise - whereas I could give you pretty darned good descriptions of any of the pain I've had in the last few years, otherwise.

EDIT: Just a note. My big tough hubby had to leave the room while they were giving me the epidural (you know, sticking a needle in my back). My mom was the one that held my hand and stroked my hair for that, lol.

Edited by spydre