What was your first device?

Hi everyone.. While sitting around shooting the BS today someone brought up the topic of high end mods. Next thing you know, we were all reminiscing about our first device. Mine was a standard e-go 650 w/ an optimized CE5 clearomizer. By optimized I mean a friend replaced the factory coil and wick with a flat wire coil (6 wraps) and 3mm silica wick.. I actually took a pair of finger nail clippers and notched out a few more air holes around the bottom of the clearomizer for better air flow.. I have to say.... that little 650 would put out some clouds. Or, at least that's what I thought at the time..lol.

So, join in and reminisce with us.. What was your first device? Did you do anything to try to soup-it-up?

Thanks!!

Edited by BirdDog

Very cool!! How do you like the Vision's?

They are my favorites other than my Vamo. Rock solid, long battery life, an overall great product imo. They are all I use in lanyard situations like on the boat, working in the yard, or anywhere else I need to be mobile.

Started out with an eGo T 650 pass through with a CE4. That led to more of them and some Kangor T2s and then an eGo T Twist 1100 mAh. That led to my 900 Vision Spinner (four of them now) and that led to the 1300 mAh (three total so far). I'm looking pretty hard at an Evic -- that should be joining my collection soon-ish. :)

There are now too many tanks, clearomizers and atomizers to name here. But my go-to set up is the HH.357 atomizer in 2.0 ohm for dripping and Anyvape Davide minis for when I'm on the go.

But my go-to set up is the HH.357 atomizer in 2.0 ohm...

Thanks for sharing. I assume you got your HH.357 from AvidVaper. We had someone come in our store the other day with one. Just curious as to what advantages you perceive the HH.357 to have over others. I guess the reason I am asking is because of the price difference. The HH.357 is nearly double the price of other comparable atomizers. The price, in conjunction with mixed reviews, has me a little hesitant to carry them. Any feedback would be great.. Thanks again..

My very first was a Blu that a friend bought for me at a convenient store to try to help me quit smoking. That was April 25th and I have not smoked another analog since.

Many people started with Blu or, at least, some form of disposable. What are you using now if I may ask?

I started off with a V2 ecig kit. I used it for a couple of months but it was doing nothing for me and I went back to analogs until I saw a friend smoking a joytech ego-c. I then bought the ego-c and have never touched another analog. After a few months I moved onto a vision spinner with an SVT Nova tank. Gave the vision spinner to my wife and am now using an electric angel clone, zmax v3, and a KTS telescopic storm. I continue to use SVT nova tanks but also use a kanger protank 2 and an rsst genesis all of which I now rebuild.

I now use both eGo 650 and 1100 batteries, Twisters and Spinners. I am really into looks so I love pink, shinny, chrome and bejeweled batteries. Can't really find that in the VV batteries, just the silver and black. I also use a constant rotation ( because I like to rotate flavors) of Vivi Nova, Mini Divide, Protank and CE5's. I have not gone up to mods yet and I probably wont. They are big and not very pretty to me and because my boss prefers I use small devices I think I am happy where I am. I have also started using pretty drip tips to dress things up. I even bought an adapter so I can use the drip tips on my CE5's. Wow, I talked too long... but you asked. :yes

I started with the blu than moved to the volcano inferno with their brand of ce2 clearomizers and than i moved to boge 2.0 ohm cartomizers and ego-c twist than progressed into the carto tanks because amount of liquid it could hold and than i went on a mod shopping spree bought about 15 different mods between variable voltage mods to maechinals i than found myself trading some mods away and found the world of unicorn mods and ever since than been stuck in the world of rebuilables and trades trying to find my best vape possible and i still continue to look with everything booming in the vape industry

Thanks for sharing. I assume you got your HH.357 from AvidVaper. We had someone come in our store the other day with one. Just curious as to what advantages you perceive the HH.357 to have over others. I guess the reason I am asking is because of the price difference. The HH.357 is nearly double the price of other comparable atomizers. The price, in conjunction with mixed reviews, has me a little hesitant to carry them. Any feedback would be great.. Thanks again..

Mine are the custom HH.357 spec Hybrid versions at 2.0 ohm from the Avid Vaper at $24.99 each. I now have five of them in my arsenal. They are by far the very best atomizers I have ever tried and I've tried quite a few. The difference in draw, flavor, vapor, and just overall performance runs circles around any atomizer I've used in the past. Just recently I tried one of the others and it just didn't do it for me anymore. The price is much higher than others, I agree, but to me it's more than worth it. After trying these -- even if it cost double the price -- I'd still buy them. They're that good. :)

Some people might not like them because there is a learning curve to using them and it takes a day or so to properly break them in. If you follow the directions on their site, it gives phenomenal performance and more than the bang for your buck, IMO. :D

ETA: Also, on their site they say never to dry burn these. I vape dark, sweet juices, which gunks up the coil inside faster than other juices. When two of mine were no longer working like they should and cleaning them per their instructions by soaking in vodka (I only use premium vodka for this), wasn't helping I contacted them. They offer a service for between $5 - $10 for five atomizers to check into it and rebuild if necessary. That's very reasonable for something that is said to last nearly a year or more vs. an atomizer that only lasts a few weeks at most and then you throw it away.

Edited by Tameiki

I have only been vaping for a little over a month. I started with an ego T with a CE5... 2 weeks later I switched to the Vision Spinner and T3S. Thinking about an upgrade to some glass tanks and maybe a Tesla before too long...

I have only been vaping for a little over a month. I started with an ego T with a CE5... 2 weeks later I switched to the Vision Spinner and T3S. Thinking about an upgrade to some glass tanks and maybe a Tesla before too long...

Wow.... You're moving up fast. Good for you! Vape On friend!!

That's about how long it was before hubby ordered his mini provari.

I started with the eGo 900 mah. Luckily, I had already started pondering what I was going to move up to when I started vaping enough that I would go through 2 batteries during my waking hours. So by the end of August (that's a month, once I got my extra money), I had my Zmax in my hand. I started out with the clearomizers that come with it, the ones that you can't change out the head, and within a week I started buying up Evods. After a couple weeks, I got an Anyvape Davide (don't actually use that anymore), and then when I ordered my Zmax, I got five Pro Tank Twos. So right now, I have um, five Evods, and 5 KPT's. Come Christmas, I'm probably looking at replacing the Evods with the Pro Tank Mini 2.