New to vaping

brittneymarie29

Hi everyone,

I am really new to all of this. I have only been vaping a couple of months now and thanks to e-cigs I have stopped smoking analogs. On my journey, I have noticed that it seems like everyone is trying to ban e-cigs and there is a lot of controversy surrounding e-cigs. Anywho, I was just wondering if anyone might know about some good vaping articles out there. I would really like to know why the government is trying to regulate e-cigs now, but they have been on the market for years. Is it because they are now becoming a threat to tobacco and pharmaceutical companies?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am really new to all of this. I have only been vaping a couple of months now and thanks to e-cigs I have stopped smoking analogs. On my journey, I have noticed that it seems like everyone is trying to ban e-cigs and there is a lot of controversy surrounding e-cigs. Anywho, I was just wondering if anyone might know about some good vaping articles out there. I would really like to know why the government is trying to regulate e-cigs now, but they have been on the market for years. Is it because they are now becoming a threat to tobacco and pharmaceutical companies?

brittneymarie29

Coming from Massachusetts where the tax on a pack of analogs is $3.51....I'm thinking as people move away from analogs and take up vaping the tax revenues for cigs will drop and Massachusetts will have to see what they can tax to replace the lost revenue. So, now that vaping is becoming very popular and a healthier solution to smoking, I'm sure it will be just a matter of time before the FDA and the states feel they need to regulate. And we all know that "regulation" means....taxing and control. It has nothing to do with kids & non-smokers taking up vaping....it has everything to with control. Because, look around, kids still manage to get their hands on cigs...that hasn't stopped.... And with the politicians in the back pocket of big tobacco & big pharma they have to come up with something to keep those businesses safe.