Vaping and tooth decay?

Oh, DUH! I prefer whipped cream and bavarian cream from Mt. Baker Vapor in 80/20 and a strength of 36. At night I vape Moo Juice 18. I typically vape about every hour (longer if I'm busy), taking 10 puffs at a go.

So most of your liquids carry a cream theme?

I'm just trying to guess at your dilemma.....

all im saying is i would be zonked out of my mellon hitting a 54mg carto... i hit a 12mg juice in my dripper on accident today and i thought i had been doing other activities...

It might be possible I didnt like dripping because I only own 24mg liquids lol. It made me feel a little crazy. I ordered some 16mg in my preferred flavors and used 50-50 on my latest orders to see if I like that and am ready to move down a tad. The 24mg is starting to feel like it is a bit too much.

So most of your liquids carry a cream theme?

I'm just trying to guess at your dilemma.....

Mostly yes, but I've also tried melon and mocha (admittedly a lot less than the "cream theme") - you bring up an angle I hadn't thought of before...maybe I should try switching to tobacco or fruity for a few weeks and see if this helps. I've also wondered about the 80/20 PG/VG (or vice versa, can't remember offhand). I was vaping 50/50 when all this started tho, but it's too light for my T3 coils.

My I usually get an 80/20 mix of various sweet flavors from Mt. Baker Vapor, though my current favs are whipped cream and bavarian cream. I'm still a bit of a newb so I don't know what you mean by ADV's.

Finally I found a forum friend who enjoys the sweet juice. If you come across some really good sweet juice please let me know. Blue Honey from Vape Dudes is delicious! :yes

Finally I found a forum friend who enjoys the sweet juice. If you come across some really good sweet juice please let me know. Blue Honey from Vape Dudes is delicious! :yes

I have 15ml of ECBlends Strawberry I may be sending your way lol. It is sweeter than Blue Honey!

Mostly yes, but I've also tried melon and mocha (admittedly a lot less than the "cream theme") - you bring up an angle I hadn't thought of before...maybe I should try switching to tobacco or fruity for a few weeks and see if this helps. I've also wondered about the 80/20 PG/VG (or vice versa, can't remember offhand). I was vaping 50/50 when all this started tho, but it's too light for my T3 coils.

Might see if that changes things, maybe just age?

50/50 maybe too light for your taste, the coil would rather have it.

It might be possible I didnt like dripping because I only own 24mg liquids lol. It made me feel a little crazy. I ordered some 16mg in my preferred flavors and used 50-50 on my latest orders to see if I like that and am ready to move down a tad. The 24mg is starting to feel like it is a bit too much.

I agree withe medic. I find even 12mg too heavy for dripping. Usually 6mg is quite enough and at 50/50.

I have 15ml of ECBlends Strawberry I may be sending your way lol. It is sweeter than Blue Honey!

Oh you are such a nice guy Carter. I have never bought any juice from EC blends. As a matter of fact, I have never bought juice from any place but Vape Dudes. I guess I'm one of those cautious people who stick with something I know is good and don't take the risks, I should, to experience new places and flavors. I would love to try your EC Blends strawberry. I see from your posts that you and I have another juice in common we like, Strawberry fields. I have never had the difficulties with my clearomizers with it like I hear you talking about. I finally got to see the T3's you talk a lot about today in my local shop. They are wanting $13.00 a piece for them. I know that is way too much. But I like the look and feel of it, very sturdy. I know you and the wife are going out on that boat this weekend. Yall have fun! :wine:

Oh you are such a nice guy Carter. I have never bought any juice from EC blends. As a matter of fact, I have never bought juice from any place but Vape Dudes. I guess I'm one of those cautious people who stick with something I know is good and don't take the risks, I should, to experience new places and flavors. I would love to try your EC Blends strawberry. I see from your posts that you and I have another juice in common we like, Strawberry fields. I have never had the difficulties with my clearomizers with it like I hear you talking about. I finally got to see the T3's you talk a lot about today in my local shop. They are wanting $13.00 a piece for them. I know that is way too much. But I like the look and feel of it, very sturdy. I know you and the wife are going out on that boat this weekend. Yall have fun! :wine:

After the holiday I will send you a couple things :-)

Whipped Cream and Bavarian Cream from Mt. Baker Vapor are the most awesome I've found so far.

Are they really sweet?

The whipped cream is not too sweet, just tastes exactly like whipped cream. The bavarian cream is pretty sweet and is a "heavier" tasting cream, I switch between the two on a daily basis depending on my mood.

• 7 months later...

I have a bit of info here that may help. I switched to vaping 3 months ago and noticed that all of the sudden have giant cavities, and noticeable problems with my teeth. I recently went to the dentist and he gave me the best explanation I have heard yet :

When you smoke, you are causing your gums to swell, covering more of your teeth than normal. It is possible for some that under the swelling, a small cavity could form. This cavity wouldn't be easily spotted as it is hidden under your gums. At the same time, your gums form something of a hermetic seal over this cavity, slowing progression. When you quit smoking, your gums begin to recede again, going back to their normal positions. This could reveal this cavity and open it up in the same fashion as an old tomb. Now exposed to the elements, the cavity has free reign to wreak havoc, get bigger, and show you all the underlying hidden problems that you hadn't seen before.

Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am a dentist and just started vaping to quit smoking. I've learned so much from this site about vaping its nice to be able to contribute something for once .

Like ^ said, the problem is most likely from dry mouth. Saliva is a natural buffer, keeping the pH in your mouth slightly higher (less acidic). When you have dry mouth the pH drops and this makes it much easier to get cavities. Do NOT fix your dry mouth by drinking anything surgery. I'm not saying never drink a coke. The problem comes when you are continuously sipping on surgery/acidic drinks (coke, juices...) thruout the day. Drink whatever you want during meals, but you should be sipping on water thruout the day, absolutely not anything containing sugar, to control your dry mouth.

• 1 month later...

My experience.

After vaping for the first month or so I had some chunks of plac (SP?) fall out of my teeth and I credited that as a good thing.

Also, in the very last years of smoking cigars my teeth had started to get a dull ting of pain in them, not much, but it seemed like it was always there and potentially getting worst. Now, after 3 months of vaping , my teeth do not hurt at all. And the Miss`s loves my warm breath on her again, LOL.

There are those that would like to kill any good thing they cant understand, and they will use all sorts of irrational idea`s and positions to prove they are right. They better keep their mitts off my Vape!

R

• 2 months later...

I started vaping a few months ago, and all of a sudden (after about 3 weeks) the enamel on my top teeth started sloughing off. My dentist thinks it could be the e-cigs, but I can't bring myself to quit long enough to find out. Has anyone else had, or heard of, this problem with vaping?

Same thing here. After years without a cavity or tooth problem of any kind, within a few months of starting to vape, cavities began to spring up right and left. My mouth and gums are also more more sensitive than they ever were when smoking but my dentist said that is to be expected.