CASAA

I'm pleased to announce that I just became a member of CASAA and will donate hopefully soon. I'm must admit though that I was shocked to see that there were only 5000* members. Really? That can't be right or am I missing something? With this industry picking up as it is and as popular that ecigs are in general how can those numbers right?

Either way I want my voice to be heard if it comes down to the Government trying to take away another one of my freedoms.

It would be nice for a poll to see how many members of vaportalk are actual members.

DG

*raises hand*

I'm a member.

In Illinois, as you can see in my other thread, they finally passed a law making buying e-cigs and e-cig products to people under the age of 18 a crime. That's one bit of e-cig legislation I can get behind.

Illinois member. Haven't been around in a while, but I just stopped in to mention that I just received an email from CASAA announcing a 2013 e-cig survey. I'm no statistics or survey expert, but it was well put-together and sounds like a step forward in getting truthful e-cig information out to the public, directly from e-cig users.

Survey link: http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/casaa-Z/e-cigarette-use/

ECF post: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/457823-call-action-please-participate-casaa-e-cigarette-consumer-survey-today.html

Calif member here!

Thanks for posting the survey/stories links! I just finished posting them too in new threads. GMTA!

Did you know that CASAA is responsible for the awesome DREXLER(sp) study report? Well they are! WTG CASAA!!!

I'll be sending money too, asap..

Edited by Uma

Illinois member. Haven't been around in a while, but I just stopped in to mention that I just received an email from CASAA announcing a 2013 e-cig survey. I'm no statistics or survey expert, but it was well put-together and sounds like a step forward in getting truthful e-cig information out to the public, directly from e-cig users.

Survey link: http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/casaa-Z/e-cigarette-use/

ECF post: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/457823-call-action-please-participate-casaa-e-cigarette-consumer-survey-today.html

What part of Illinois? I'm near St. Louis.

Just finished my survey.

I find your sig line interesting, but I have to wonder, though, with the habitual use we smokers (former) have had, could our tolerance be raised, thus not "lethal" at those lower levels? Well, okay, what I read was for humans (and I'm assuming the larger the human, the higher the value) the range of lethal dose is 30 - 60 mg. So, a couple questions with that, first, I'm assuming that's all in the bloodstream at one time, not over the course of an entire day, since, unless it's mentholated, nicotine begins to be eliminated after about 2 hours. What I read said that menthol increases nicotine's half life because oxidative metabolism of nicotine to cotinine is inhibited by menthol. Cotinine has a half life of about 20 hours....except again, in the presence of menthol, it takes longer to break down. I did not, however, find a lethal level of that, just it can still be detected for about a week after the last nicotine used by certain lab tests (which is actually pretty important to know if you would be a hospital worker, b/c around here, hospitals have started a policy of not hiring anyone who has smoked in the last 6 months. Since vaping isn't smoking, thus spewing about carcinogens, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with that, as some hospitals allow you to vape inside, but some of the hospitals with the restrictive hiring WILL test for nicotine metabolites - so if you are vaping with nicotine in it, you need to let them know - they can get nasty about it, unless they know you are still using the patch, or the gum, or the nose spray or whatever. But most of us should pass the sniff test, unless we live in house with a smoker, or ride in a car with one).

Sorry it took so long to reply. I just got back to the Green Zone for work (with tons of supplies this time, I may have over did it but what the heck). That being said, I finally completed the survey. I agree with mmseng that the survey was well put together. I'm very glad to see others in the forum are members also.

What part of Illinois? I'm near St. Louis.

Champaign.

I find your sig line interesting, but I have to wonder, [lots of sciency stuff]...

Sorry as I said all those numbers in my sig are approximations of my brief research online and are meant primarily as an eye opener for those who don't appreciate the potential dangers of ejuice. I am no doctor and couldn't expand upon it.

Champaign.

Sorry as I said all those numbers in my sig are approximations of my brief research online and are meant primarily as an eye opener for those who don't appreciate the potential dangers of ejuice. I am no doctor and couldn't expand upon it.

Hahaha, I like how you clipped out all jibber jabber and just put [sciency stuff] in brackets when you quoted me! I tend to overanalyze, I think.