Davide Glassomizer and Mini Davide by Anyvape on sale now

Tam

Sad so many vape shops suck. I am sure there are a lot of good ones but I haven't been inside one yet. High hopes for one opening late September near where I live. Expectations are low as the other one in town sells knockoff 900mah twists for $69 and generic CE4s for $14 but 5 packs are $49 lol. I showed someone on the lake last weekend some of the sites I but from and they about fainted at the prices they had been paying.

Unfortunately for me, I'd have to go 50 miles to find another shop.

I have been in one once, completely content to order online lol. I do wish I had some way to try liquids in person, thats the one thing I am looking forward to this shop opening. I have high hopes for their liquids and they say they will be reasonably priced and high quality but we will see.

lol most of the time i have ended up educating them. its like im a sales rep... i have all my gear that traveled with me that night and they ask me all kinds of questions. Its not hard to learn about tons of things on here. you just have to be willing to be open minded about different stuff and how some people have gotten the devices to work better then others have. that being said... it can be very time consuming to read all of that non-sense especially if there isnt anything worth reading in a thread.

There are three vape shops in my town. Two are the same company and the one that got me started. They sell only genuine Joytech and other name brands that we all have used and recommend here on Vapor Talk. There are two salesmen there that love to see me come in because I introduce them to all kinds of new and fun toys -- vapor related of course. :D The owner is great. I showed him my Spinners and he now carries them. The Davide and Davide mini are the newest things he's looking into getting. The other store is just getting started so he doesn't have much inventory right now. It's wonderful to have shops nearby. :)

i just got the shop thats literally 2 blocks from work looking into carrying the Hercules Ithaka Clones from RH and i cant wait till he gets them in stock.... gonna be buying him out of stock... oh and he got legitimate trident and nimbus V3's in the other day.... couldnt leave without at least one of each.... or 3...... LOL! :)

Just curious, Spydre, did you say that yours is a full-sized Davide or a mini?

Full sized.

$160 for a vamo

Wow, that's like, insanely priced.

i actually have 3 right around me... 1 is complete garbage and can shove it, the other 2 are freaking awesome! :) btw... busted the poly tank on my hercules ithaka. :(

We have, let's see, two, soon to be three within 20 minutes of us, here in Illinois. Then there are at least two in the St. Louis area. The first one that opened up is how I learned that vaping wasn't all Blu faux analogs and the expensive crap like that which only lasts two hours. That's where we went to get set up. They "fell into" the business, because at the time, there was no shop in our area on this side of the river, so you would have to drive 45 minutes to get stuff if you didn't order it online (and they didn't). That's the one we started with, and I don't think they even realize that the ego starter packs that they sell are knock offs - all they know is they can sell them cheaper than the two stores in Missouri. They MOST of their juice from Better Vapes, but some juice from more "gourmet" outlets that bottles everything in glass, etc. (those run expensive). Then we found out about Better Vapes, which had just opened up their storefront to go along with their online shop, in Jerseyville. Since we can get MORE Better Vapes juices at Better Vapes, as 3D doesn't carry all of them, plus Better Vapes sells their juice $2 cheaper (3D, of course, HAS to be more expensive on Better Vapes juices because they have to purchase it, pay for shipping - unless the guy hand delivers it, which is possible - etc.) for a 22 ml bottle - plus, Better Vapes can custom mix - like adding in that extra flavor shot on the 618, and they can do it while we wait in the store, provided more than one person is working. But neither shop has much hardware. Ironically, Better Vapes has the PT mini, and I THINK the PT 1 (clear only, no colored ones), but no PT 2 yet. They also have the Davide. 3D has the PT mini and the PT 2, but no Davide (Better Vapes says their supplier is back ordered on the PT 2 so far).

The new shop is opening, I think Monday - he keeps posting updates, and I think he has all of his rooms done, he just has to get the inventory on the shelves, but I don't know what kind of stock he's going to have, and ironically, he's just going to be a few miles away from 3D.

The biggest problem I have with Better Vapes, other than the prices on the hardware - the Davide in shop ran me $3 more than I could get it ANYWHERE online, however the ego starter kit, or even an ego twist starter kit are cheaper there than at 3D, and they AREN'T knock offs - is that the nic levels that they keep in stock are 24, 18, 12, and 6 - but of course, if I order online, I could get 16, 14, etc., Chi-Town offers 15. If you want 16 or 14 from Better Vapes, they have to custom mix it. But I need to run out there this weekend, and refill two of my flavors, get them in a 31 ml bottle instead of 22 mls.

I use 2.2 ohm. Just got my four Davide Minis from Viper Vape. I don't think I'll ever use them again after this. For $6.00 shipping I got it via a small priority cardboard envelope that was bent six ways from Sunday. Inside the envelope the four boxes were crammed into a bubblewrap paper envelope. USPS doesn't charge for the boxes, Viper Vape could've very easily sent my order in one of those instead of the flimsy sorry excuse for a... *huffs*

I'll be contacting them to let them know I'm not happy with their shipping measures. We'll see what they say.

Well, the coil I started with came with the Davide, and it ended up being 2.5. When that coil went bad, I replaced it, but not with the spare coil that came with it (I forgot about that one, but a 2.2 ohm we had in a pack of spares. I THINK I figured out the issue when I put it on the ZMax today. The coil was already down to 2 ohms. It was drawing fine, I just wasn't pulling much out of it, even after adjusting for the lower ohms. So I replaced it with a 2.5. I just wasn't in the mood for the flavor that was in it to work with it to find it's sweet spot.

But I had an experience earlier in the day that taught me to always double check the resistance when I hook a tank up. I checked the resistance on a tank that had the pro tank 2 coil in it, and it was 1.6!

I use 2.2 ohm. Just got my four Davide Minis from Viper Vape. I don't think I'll ever use them again after this. For $6.00 shipping I got it via a small priority cardboard envelope that was bent six ways from Sunday. Inside the envelope the four boxes were crammed into a bubblewrap paper envelope. USPS doesn't charge for the boxes, Viper Vape could've very easily sent my order in one of those instead of the flimsy sorry excuse for a... *huffs*

I'll be contacting them to let them know I'm not happy with their shipping measures. We'll see what they say.

I think that is the site that straight up says on the bottom of the replacement glass "we cannot be responsible for items broken in transit " UH YES YOU F- N CAN ! Id always pay them by credit card so If they do send you something that breaks you can dispute the charges -that will get their mind right !

edit -

Nope I was wrong my bad its got vapes that had the disclaimer

cut and pasted from the verbiage ;

Kanger Pro Tank II Replacement Glass Tube - BLUE $2.95
This is the CLEAR replacement tube for the Kanger Pro Tank II. These will be packed in bubble securely. We cannot be responsible if they are crushed or cracked in shipment. We cannot replace, so please be aware of this when ordering. We will pack them conscientiously and check/inspect them before sending! They will come in a small Kanger branded box then we will put them individually in bubble wrap, and fold over for good heavy protection.
Edited by Christie

I think that is the site that straight up says on the bottom of the replacement glass "we cannot be responsible for items broken in transit " UH YES YOU F- N CAN ! Id always pay them by credit card so If they do send you something that breaks you can dispute the charges -that will get their mind right !

They were fairly quick to respond to my email, but they said that if I want them to ship in boxes, that I have to specify that in the comment box for the order. I will not be buying anything more from them. Ever.

Thanks for the heads up , you shouldnt have to specify proper shipping and packaging for christs sake ! Ive been selling on ebay for several years its not that difficult to get a product from point a to point b undamaged if you know what youre doing -my children package boxes for me and do an impeccable job !

Well, let me clarify my comment above. They did say they tried to fit the four minis I ordered into a box but it didn't fit. I would guess that's when they stuffed them into the bubble wrap envelope and then into a flimsy cardboard priority envelope.

I regularly send gifts to friends all over the world and don't have problems making sure the items get there without damage. It's really not that hard. *rolls eyes*

• 2 weeks later...

A warning of sorts. A lot of people are buying these now, and when you clean them you have to be very careful with the rubber gasket that sits inside the piece the drip tip slides into. Usually when I disassemble the tank, that round gasket is stuck to the top of the tank, and is usually loose floating around when I take them out of the alcohol wash. I imagine it would be tough to replace if lost, and I have come close even knowing to watch out for it.

A warning of sorts. A lot of people are buying these now, and when you clean them you have to be very careful with the rubber gasket that sits inside the piece the drip tip slides into. Usually when I disassemble the tank, that round gasket is stuck to the top of the tank, and is usually loose floating around when I take them out of the alcohol wash. I imagine it would be tough to replace if lost, and I have come close even knowing to watch out for it.

Thanks for the warning/tip, B. :)

After nearly having to disassemble the kitchen sink drain until somehow I fished it out with wire somehow I felt it worth mentioning lol.

Right. When cleaning Davide mini, do it in a large bowl so it's easier to fish out the O-ring. :D