Whatcha Vaping?

Thanks guys now I want an Almond Joy and the stores around here closed at 9:00pm :veryangry:! LOL

That's the lovely thing about vaping FLaN, I can enjoy the flavor of an Almond Joy -- even if I can't actually have a real one due to a chocolate allergy. :-P

Hey, Compestine, my diabetic dad is is looking for info on vaping on the advice of a diabetes doctor - I guess he figures he's held out long enough. I'm composing an e-mail for him with links and such, and other info, but is there any info that I should be including with the insulin dependent diabetic in mind?

I can look for you too and see what I can come with. Best thing I can offer at this moment in time is go with a low VG juice 90/10 and have him watch his sugar level very closely after vaping. PG and VG have virtually no effect on diabetics when they ingest it, but Vaping it, it seems to be different. I think it is because it enters the blood through the lungs, and not through digestion. It enters the blood very quickly because the lungs have many more blood vessels than the stomach and intestines.

This is interesting.... This study I haven't seen before it says that it is NIc that raises blood sugar? May want to use a low nic as well since he is insulin dependent.

http://guidetovaping.com/2013/05/28/the-benefits-of-electronic-cigarettes-for-diabetics/

I use 24-18mg and seem to have little trouble, lowering the VG is what made the change for me. Read the comments. Looks like this was put out by a E-cig company.

Been sitting here searching and as in the past, no studies come up with Diabetics using e-cigarettes. I think it is a real gray area that needs some serious research done. All my experience is self exam and other friends that worked with me. They were all type 2 and not insulin dependent. I would have him work very close with his Doctor to make sure it would be safe for him. I'm not a doctor and only can give you my experiences with how it affected myself and my friends.

Edited by Compenstine

I am stuck on some new juice bought from a local maker... Boosted Vapes...

Johnny 555 (a 555 tobacco flavor) Mixed with a little Sweet Tart flavor. Both 50/50 mix 18mg.

BUT... I am all out of the sweet tart. Me and a couple of buddies bought a whole bunch of DIY juice making supplies (I received some great advice and help from Member- Compenstine, Thanks again Buddy!!!), SO I don't want to run out and buy more. LOL Its pretty good so I may, I am going to try not to though.

I find I like to mix some fruit/drink/dessert flavor's with a tobacco flavor. But not too heavy on the extra flavor to the tobacco, maybe 90/10.

Anyone else mix a couple of their juices together to get one they like??

You are welcome Sweatervest13. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Just don't forget the Juice calculator. You want to know what your NIC content will be. I recommend Smart Vape LIQMix There are many out there, I just like this one at the moment. Been beta testing some changes to it. It is a free download.

Still vaping my Peach mix I made last night, I'm calling it "Home Canned Peaches" I liked it so much I made up a 30mg bottle LOL My wife even wanted a tank full.

Anyone else mix a couple of their juices together to get one they like??

Blueberry and peppermint seem like an odd combination but one that I really like now. The problem I'm having with it is getting the ratio of one flavor to the other just right. :)

what blue berry flavoring you using?

EC Blend blueberry. No extra anything, just a 50/50 blend at 12 mg nic. It hits my happy spot. Hard. :D

Edited because Tam can't type tonight. :evil:

Edited by Tameiki

Well, I was vaping 618 for a while this evening, but as I was watching Farscape, waiting for the episode to be over so I could go back in the den. It's a good thing the episode wasn't over, because the second Thursday in a row, had a seizure. Now I can''t settle on a flavor. Hopefully, I can settle on a flavor.

Five Pawns lists it as "Irish cream, cinnamon spice, caramel and absinthe"

I've tried it. Five Pawns tends to have very complex flavors in general. All of their juices are mixes of three or more flavors