Youde (UD) AGI RBA/RDA

Rixter

I'm not gonna do a complete rundown on the UD AGI (unless someone has questions, of course), but I will say that in Genesis mode, this is my favorite RBA to date. It's not the easiest to set up (that honor goes to my AGA-T2), but it's not too difficult, and it does have the best draw and performance of any of my RBAs.

I haven't set it up as an RDA because I don't like being unable to see how much juice is left inside the juicers I use, so I can't really speak to that. It looks easy enough to do however, and it is nice to know that if you're into dripping, you have that option.

I'll be giving the AGI a good workout over the coming weeks, and will post the results, but for now, I'll just say that this is a great little genny.

gallery_15088_188_66950.jpg

My Youde AGI on a KTS+ mech mod

post-15088-0-50000800-1374624609_thumb.j

Edited by Rixter

Sweet! I'm looking forward to the updates with it. I know you were very hesitant to get it. What makes it difficult to set it up? Is the wick too far from the ties?

There is a pretty good stretch between the coil and the pos. post, but if you begin by fastening the pos. connection first and finish with the neg. connection, there's no problem with top coil hot spots...at least for me. My first (and only) try making a 7/6 28 gauge Kanthal coil was completely successful, and gave me a nice, even red glow across all the wraps, and I ended up with a 1Ω coil.

gallery_15088_188_58943.jpg

What makes things a little tricky is the ridge around the top deck, which is there for when you're using it as an RDA. Getting your neg. lead under the ground screw with that lip right next to it can be a little difficult.

awesome! I almost bought that one... then i got talked out of it! lol! i will be picking one up then since it seems to get rave reviews!

I bought mine from Bucky's for $28.33 shipped. It arrived really fast, too.

You've managed to tweek your way around it's negative issues, quite easily. That's a huge plus in my book.

I can see how the rim would interfere with manuevering(sp), but what an good one for practicing on before investing in something like a Fogatti that can be a challenge due to the sunk-in deck. (Great for holding the extra joose from a great wick tho). I might invest, just for that alone. (got my heart set on snagging a Fogatti Hybrid within the next 10 years lol, they're that hard to get!).

Looks like I'll be busy on youtube on the 1st of the month. (already over bandwidth for this month... like 2 weeks ago lol).

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick bump to let y'all know that the AGI (in Genny mode) is still performing flawlessly. I use it daily and I've had zero problems with it.

One of the things that I really like about it is also one of the things I didn't like at first...the ridge around the top deck. You're right, Uma...I've found that when I refill the tank, that ridge keeps any liquid that's on the top deck from rolling off and down the side of my mod, which happens sometimes with my other RBAs.

After using the AGI for a couple of weeks, I still love its looks and performance, and I think this would be a great RBA for anybody looking for one that won't break the bank.

• 4 months later...

After my first experience with re-coiling and playing around with a friend's RDA (a SmokTech Octopus), I decided to break down my AGI and try using it in RDA mode. I think I might like this configuration better than its genny form. It really cranks out the vapor with a 1Ω 29g 6/5 coil around a single 3½mm silica wick.

gallery_15088_188_80696.jpg

Tasty.

Edited by Rixter

Their latest, AGA T3, looks rather good has some cool innovations.

2013_new_product_Stainless_kayfun_atomiz

Note the screw on the deck is simply a fill hole, it is not used for the coil.

pibl.jpg

Also note the reduced cap.

20131102_124600_zps45385fd5.jpg

Unfortunately it only has a liquid capacity of about ~1.5ml, unacceptable in my eyes. Too bad.